Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949326 times)

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.8.8 alpha: The Mummy Returns
« Reply #1710 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »
That's it, David Vincent is now in The X-Com Files lore  8)

Do you remember ? 8)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 07, 2018, 09:47:21 pm »
Nope, I'm probably not old enough for that one.  :)

Yay, a new update! The end of the zombie arc is closer than ever! Also, holy cow these Mummies, they're on par with Ethereals. By the way, is it a coincidence that one of their main attacks is called Cero, like that energy beam from the Bleach manga?

By the way, how exactly does Psionic Strength influence P. Skill and viceversa?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1712 on: April 08, 2018, 01:19:58 pm »
Yay, a new update! The end of the zombie arc is closer than ever! Also, holy cow these Mummies, they're on par with Ethereals. By the way, is it a coincidence that one of their main attacks is called Cero, like that energy beam from the Bleach manga?

Not a coincidence. :)
But it was done first in Piratez, which uses a similar sprite for a late game armour type for your girls. It's called Destructor, but the internal name is STR_ARRANCAR. ;)

By the way, how exactly does Psionic Strength influence P. Skill and viceversa?

It's explained here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Psionics#Psionic_Formulas

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 08, 2018, 08:50:27 pm »
Not a coincidence. :)
But it was done first in Piratez, which uses a similar sprite for a late game armour type for your girls. It's called Destructor, but the internal name is STR_ARRANCAR. ;)

*Checks outfit, notices the hole*
Now I realize why it seemed familiar. *headdesk* How nerdy you guys are. Then again, there are genuine Magical Girls (if the Madoka grimderp variety sadly) and more.

X-Files is way more serious, but I'm convinced said magical girls or something equally silly will be eventually implemented as an easter-egg, if it hasn't been done so already.

By the way: I can use Dart Weaponry in Beach missions. Is that intended? I mean, they vaguely look like toy guys, but perhaps that's an oversight. They're also available for League apprehension, even though the Rifle is not a concealable weapon.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 08, 2018, 09:39:32 pm »
*Checks outfit, notices the hole*
Now I realize why it seemed familiar. *headdesk* How nerdy you guys are. Then again, there are genuine Magical Girls (if the Madoka grimderp variety sadly) and more.

Well, I suppose it was done for Homusexual reasons. :P

X-Files is way more serious, but I'm convinced said magical girls or something equally silly will be eventually implemented as an easter-egg, if it hasn't been done so already.

Not yet, but once I have all the main content in, anything can happen...
Particularly a Ghostbusters arc, which could be related.

By the way: I can use Dart Weaponry in Beach missions. Is that intended? I mean, they vaguely look like toy guys, but perhaps that's an oversight. They're also available for League apprehension, even though the Rifle is not a concealable weapon.

Well, it can pass for one of those underwater guns used for fishing.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 10, 2018, 01:30:25 pm »
It's great that the mod is constantly updated. And it is planned to develop the Apocalypse Cult so that you can fight with demons (DooM).
There is also a proposal to add a mission based on the film "The Thing". I think he will fit well in the concept The X-Com Files.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 10, 2018, 01:56:29 pm »
Yes, the Apocalypse arc is planned to be expanded.
And I totally should go back to The Thing!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 10, 2018, 02:50:39 pm »
A bit disappointing that the Cult of the Apocalypse is "just" another lolCHAOS! cult, I expected something else. On the plus side, copy-pasting the Dark Ones as demons here should be easy, except for the soldier ones, which would stand out a little.  :)

As for the Thing, isn't that somewhat covered by Dimension X stuff? I mean, the engine cannot properly convey constantly transforming enemies like The Thing would be about.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 10, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »
I hope you will be positively surprised with the Apocalypse arc. ;)
And yes, the "thing" will be
Spoiler:
the Abomination from Dimension X

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 10, 2018, 04:43:10 pm »
Great news! There is a game "Splatterhouse". There are interesting sprites of monsters that you can use for the theme "The Thing".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 10, 2018, 05:29:35 pm »
Sadly these sprites are too obviously non-isometric. I've done many experiments to be sure...
But this unit has been in the game for ages, so no need for new sprites for it. :)

Offline MFive

• Captain
  • Lazy Sectoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 11, 2018, 02:43:05 am »
I want Brendan Fraser to be a special character mummy ...

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 12, 2018, 08:21:37 am »
The question is: what part of the code needs to be changed so that when investigating the destruction of the faction, they do not disappear completely, but appear very rarely? And it is better that there should be a return to the initial mission of the faction such as the detention of violators.
Another question: how can you turn off the signing of the pact by the government? More truly, that the aliens conducted such missions, but the final result was not available. As a fine, X-com would receive a large negative rating.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 12, 2018, 09:41:23 am »
Adding missions happening after faction destruction (with much lower frequency) is easy. All you need to do is edit MissionScripts_XCOMFILES.rul, make a copy of the relevant mission script and change values: research triggers and execution odds. I would post an example, but I'm on a phone at the moment.

Regaining countries is not possible without editing game code, and no coder ever thought it would be a good idea. So it won't happen, unless you program it and maintain it yourself.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 12, 2018, 10:59:10 am »
I understand that the restoration of governments is impossible. I meant something else: how to forbid aliens infiltration missions. I understand it needs to be changed in a file alienMissions_XCOMFILES?