Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1989590 times)

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.1 alpha: Breaking The Waves
« Reply #1470 on: October 03, 2017, 12:45:19 am »
Oh, wow! That's quite a lot! Could you please elaborate on AKSU and Groza balance?

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.7.1 alpha: Breaking The Waves
« Reply #1471 on: October 03, 2017, 08:15:02 am »
Time to ressurect my LP, I feel
Spotter-Sniper System?

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1473 on: October 03, 2017, 11:08:43 am »
Oh, wow! That's quite a lot! Could you please elaborate on AKSU and Groza balance?

Basically swapped some range-related values between them.

Super! It's a pity there are an handuful of bug in 0.7.1, one seems to be pretty serious  :'( :'( :'(

These bugs were fixed yesterday, the current download is fine.

Time to ressurect my LP, I feel
Spotter-Sniper System?

Yes, it would be very very nice. I have a particular fondness for written LPs, and you are very good at it!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:10:45 am by Solarius Scorch »

niculinux

« Reply #1474 on: October 03, 2017, 11:27:31 am »
These bugs were fixed yesterday, the current download is fine.

Great! Another question, since in the version 0.7b were some problems with Man in Black misisons not spawning, these will instead began to appear from 0.7.1 and on and shall we wait another future relase?

Edit: please would you mind using my beretta M12?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:37:27 am by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 03, 2017, 12:05:26 pm »
They should appear now, though their arc is mostly a stub now.

I will ask Dioxine to look at the Beretta, he's basically my armament manager.

niculinux

« Reply #1476 on: October 03, 2017, 12:49:37 pm »
I will ask Dioxine to look at the Beretta, he's basically my armament manager.

Thanks! hey, I've oticed that the default video mode in options.cfg is set to tun a non-standard resolution (cannot remember it). Since it gave me display problems, would you please set to a standard one (eg. 640x480). :)

Edit: I'd also hubly suggest to grab some field equipment from kappa weapons mod, eg the ak-47, ak-103 and the H&K G36.

Edit 2: the FN-MINIMI has only 26 damage value?!?!? Don't know whether this is intended, but i'd expect some more :o Some weapons (mostly rifles and assault rifles) maybe need damage review.

Edit 4: I really wish national flags would be showed in the battlescape stast, in 0.7.1 appear only if you review your agents at the base.

Edit 3: some eapons like the MInebea smg and the FN FA-MAS may has a (slightly) brighter palette, since I have some problem in watching them...I'm shortsightened  :'( :'(

Edit 4: my early savegame attached, version 0.7.1. At superhuman difficulty in jan 1997 I've lost already a car an a couple of agents, plus variuosu equipment  8)

Don't know if I ever play again, in the meantime good luck with the mod!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:33:31 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 03, 2017, 06:46:26 pm »
Thanks! hey, I've oticed that the default video mode in options.cfg is set to tun a non-standard resolution (cannot remember it). Since it gave me display problems, would you please set to a standard one (eg. 640x480). :)

The config file was there by mistake, you can delete it.

Edit 2: the FN-MINIMI has only 26 damage value?!?!? Don't know whether this is intended, but i'd expect some more :o Some weapons (mostly rifles and assault rifles) maybe need damage review.

Of course it's intended, it's a Minimi, not a Big Bertha.
Maybe your reality check needs a review :P

Edit 4: I really wish national flags would be showed in the battlescape stast, in 0.7.1 appear only if you review your agents at the base.

You would have to talk to Meridian about flags. But i imagine it would be difficult, considering palettes.

Edit 3: some eapons like the MInebea smg and the FN FA-MAS may has a (slightly) brighter palette, since I have some problem in watching them...I'm shortsightened  :'( :'(

OK, I'll check them.

Edit 4: my early savegame attached, version 0.7.1. At superhuman difficulty in jan 1997 I've lost already a car an a couple of agents, plus variuosu equipment  8)

Well... I don't get why people play on Superhuman (I don't), but okay. :D

Don't know if I ever play again, in the meantime good luck with the mod!

Grazie!

niculinux

« Reply #1478 on: October 03, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »
Of course it's intended, it's a Minimi, not a Big Bertha.
Maybe your reality check needs a review :P

I expect me more pwer, in the game the ak is mre powerful, but since the mentioned assault riflfles uses 7.62 caliber ammo and the minimi 5.56, i suppose you're right! :D

I meant these have a too much darker palette
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:02:24 pm by niculinux »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 05, 2017, 01:16:53 am »
I've read that modern official melee with a gun is to hit the target with the barrel, not the butt.  Apparently it does equivalent damage without undue damage to the gun or risk of pointing the gun where you don't want to shoot.

niculinux

« Reply #1480 on: October 05, 2017, 02:45:12 pm »
I've read that modern official melee with a gun is to hit the target with the barrel, not the butt.  Apparently it does equivalent damage without undue damage to the gun or risk of pointing the gun where you don't want to shoot.

Actually there is an Ufoextender mod included in openxcom named "gun melee" but works only with vanilla weapons, tkzv has made a PERL script that should work (i've not tested it) with weapons added by mods. For whose interestted have a ollok here

Offline mrKos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 05, 2017, 07:06:52 pm »
Hey. I am writing to pay homage. This mod is already masterpiece. To begin with, I see how I change the world, I see the plot, I see a story. It was not in the original game. This is not in new games. How this world is slipping into the abyss of cyberpunk. Because of the efforts of various terrible cults, evil corporations, dangerous loners and Xcom. I did not go to the end of the game, but I already feel that for the victory, mankind will pay too much price.
The story of the transformation of a small agency into a conglomerate, holding for the eggs of heads of state, secret services, the UN is interesting and plausible. Xcom, struggling with the enemy, more and more becomes like him.
The accident has not been lost. The novice in fury rescued the detachment, the tragic loss of the veteran, the agent saving the life of the civilian. All this remains. I would like to see such a series. Thank you.
Do not judge my English language strictly. I do not know the language, but I want to thank Solarius Scorch.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:52 pm »
Thank you very much for the kind words. It means much to me, and especially since you are highlighting the less obvious aspects of the game. Yes, this is pretty much what I am aiming for, though I wouldn't have described it this way before; so I was very happy to read your comment, as it gives me some new perspectives I haven't realized.

As for the mod itself, it is still far from having been done. The early game is pretty much ready (though still open for expanding it further), but late game is extremely skeletal. You can of course finish it, but once you have alien tech, Cydonia isn't really that far. Also the entire "underworld" arc is completely absent from the game, except for the secret caves and some still unreleased unit graphics.

Right now my work is going in two very broad directions:
1. Develop the underworld arc.
2. Make Cydonia harder to obtain (probably will require finishing all other arcs first).
But these two goals are still overrun by smaller (but still pretty big!) projects, like new Cult of Apocalypse missions, the Zombie arc (fortunately, mostly done by now in the minimal form) and countless minor things. Oh well - nothing to do but keep at it!

Again, many thanks. And have fun!

PS. For those of you who don't go to Discord, the current version 0.7.1 is somewhat borked - the spotter/sniper AI has some issues and it makes many battles easier. It should be fixed soon.

niculinux

« Reply #1483 on: October 05, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »
[...] the current version 0.7.1 is somewhat borked - the spotter/sniper AI has some issues and it makes many battles easier. It should be fixed soon.

Not for me..because i'm a complete dud!!  :'( :'(

Speaking seriously i got the feeling that human enemies are almost done, essenctially only cult of apocalypse and Man in Black are little more than a stub. I would suggest to focus on them, then the rest...thanks again for the intriguing mod!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:49:24 pm by niculinux »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 07, 2017, 02:48:12 am »
Could Hummer description state that it is not a transport for undercover missions?