Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949989 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6.8 alpha: Alien Hunter
« Reply #1350 on: August 05, 2017, 05:40:30 pm »
mrrshan rifle (is this a typo?) has no ufopedia entry.

Eh?

Perhaps the catwomen from master of orion have an above healthy interest in humans.

Why only the women? It ain't Piratez! :)

There was a small bug in the latest release 0.6.8... I have reuploaded it, but if you have it already, just swap this single file.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6.8b alpha: Alien Hunter
« Reply #1351 on: August 05, 2017, 05:45:09 pm »
Why do I suddenly feel like I'm hunted?
I see shadows everywhere...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 05, 2017, 05:45:53 pm »
Why do I suddenly feel like I'm hunted?
I see shadows everywhere...

It's a special treat! :)

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 05, 2017, 06:08:35 pm »
 Mrrshan?  Mrrshans as in catlike race of  the  Master of Orion?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 05, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »
Mrrshan?  Mrrshans as in catlike race of  the  Master of Orion?

Oh, it surely must be just a silly rumour!

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 05, 2017, 10:26:37 pm »
Oh, it surely must be just a silly rumour!

As long as we don't have to face the Sakkra...we'd be F U C K E D .

Guh, a horrid brutish race who glory in the destruction of their own gods that were most likely an advanced race that engineered them for a multi-generational war of attrition. That combined with the exponential population growth, a willingness and capability to colonize any environment, and whose culture only respects strength and violence...yeah.

So, we have a radical expansionist feudal nightmare enemy perfectly bred to flourish on Earth, who would be happy about and capable of absorbing incredible casualty levels and when pinned down happily dig in for the long fight... and they can move among the stars.

The only worse race I can think of facing in X-Com is the fucking Posleen or maybe the Cthonic Dark. Fucking nightmare lizard centaurs or semi-invisible vampire acid beasts...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:40:09 pm by HelmetHair »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 05, 2017, 10:34:13 pm »
As long as we don't have to face the Sakkra...we'd be F U C K E D . Guh, A horrid brutish race who glory in the destruction of their own gods that were most likely an advanced race who engineered them for war. That combined with the exponential population growth a willingness and capability to colonize any environment and whose culture only respects strength and violence. So we have a radical expansionist fedual nightmare enemey perfectly bred to flourish on Earth and would kill us all if we didn't kill all of them.

Relax, we are within borders of the powerful Ethereal Empire... We are not alone.

All Hail the Governor of Mars!

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 05, 2017, 11:42:09 pm »
Why only the women? It ain't Piratez!
I'm glad it isn't

I love the GAMEPLAY and BALANCE of piratez, but gameplay be damned, I can't stand the pseudo "girl power" vibe of it, nor the constant soft core

Played it for a while, and loved the gameplay, but these elements eventually got extremely irritating  :( (almost wish there was a version of piratez without the exclusively female pirates nor the focus on female empowerment, as theres an amazing game there, IF you can get past that, but I cannot)

On topic, guess you are right, I checked via the custom battle option which unlocks the entire pedia, and never found it : guess I missed it.

Also, when will we end up getting weapons with underbarrel secondary fires? I know you are working on it, and its possible to make...

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6.8 alpha: Alien Hunter
« Reply #1358 on: August 05, 2017, 11:47:55 pm »
Why only the women? It ain't Piratez! :)
Because only the women served in the military. At least in MoO 1.

Glad to see an update. I'm out of things to do in 0.6.7.

Speaking of Piratez, there is a problem that savefiles have to be manually corrected to allow new missions. Does X-Com Files suffer from it too?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:08:53 am by tkzv »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 06, 2017, 07:01:03 am »
Hi, Solarius. Many changes from last time i looked on x-com files. Great work.
But i must ask again: how about late game? Rail weapons, craft equipment, all this stuff?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:38 am »
Late game still has all the stuff from FMP, which is pretty substantial to be honest : advanced MIB troops, alt alien types, new tech and weapons...

FMP was a wild ride by itself, never beat it (slightly late in research because I got complacent, and lost because I didn't go for the final solution)  but got incredibly close. So late game content wise, there is indeed a few extra crafts n weapons.

I personally like how its a long journey in this mod, and I dont mind that this slowly ventures through all its phases : though

By the way, the accuracy of an aimed shot on the blackops assault rifle is pretty woeful : the AK74 is better in this aspect, and honestly I think having it at a 90 or even 95 would make sense : the standard rifle often functions as a sniper rifle, and while I doubt a bullpup short design would be as close, I feel it would be a lot better than that.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 06, 2017, 10:46:39 am »
Relax, we are within borders of the powerful Ethereal Empire... We are not alone.

All Hail the Governor of Mars!

Errr... The Emperor protects?

I'm glad it isn't

I love the GAMEPLAY and BALANCE of piratez, but gameplay be damned, I can't stand the pseudo "girl power" vibe of it, nor the constant soft core

Played it for a while, and loved the gameplay, but these elements eventually got extremely irritating  :( (almost wish there was a version of piratez without the exclusively female pirates nor the focus on female empowerment, as theres an amazing game there, IF you can get past that, but I cannot)

I second this.

Jokes asides, I have (finally) got some time and will to continue my playthrough (hell yeah, 4 or 5 versions later). Dagon's High Temple mission was not so bad aside from camping cultists who tried to do the last stand in the Golden Statue chamber. Well, it was not so hard to drop my sword-wielding agents on these panicking bastards 8)
The next was (in)famous Zombie Catacombs mission. Not so bad too, but the map itself looked a quite weird: there were numerous "hills with stairs" near extraction point and the rest of this map was almost a generic dungeon from Diablo (with Doom torches!), almost devoid of any enemies (due of Beginner difficulty, as I understand). Not that it is something bad but I was expecting something, well, bigger - and at least some kind of goddamn Zombie Matriarch ;D I lost one agent because of my own stupidity - I forgot Zombie Hunt Rule #1: mantain a circle formation ALL THE TIME GODDAMMIT!

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 06, 2017, 11:42:19 am »
The MGL seems to have a VERY low accuracy, to the point I honestly didn't feel threatened when a chosen of dagon pelted my ship with grenades. I figure the accuracy being raised by 10 each would be reasonable, especially for something like an explosive.

Also, is it supposed to be available for purchase before a normal grenade launcher? I researched one and could buy them at promotion 2, all blackops gear, explosives license, ect, and this feels slightly misplaced. Maybe grenade launchers should be unlocked by ANY

...and I know this is the wrong thread, but the grenade cylinders for it do not fit into the 1x1 unit properly, and the GL itself looks like a 2x2, but is actually a 1x3
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:44:03 am by mumble »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 06, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »
Hi, Solarius. Many changes from last time i looked on x-com files. Great work.
But i must ask again: how about late game? Rail weapons, craft equipment, all this stuff?

Thanks!
Late game will come later :) I'm working sequentially.

As a preview:
- Gauss weapons will be come from reptoids. Railguns - I'm not sure, but it'll probably be some X-Com design, a marriage of two exotic technologies (Gauss and Martian tech).
- Craft equipment: it's a never ending story. I can never muster enough energy to go finish them. Actually, I'd appreciate some help here. :P

The MGL seems to have a VERY low accuracy, to the point I honestly didn't feel threatened when a chosen of dagon pelted my ship with grenades. I figure the accuracy being raised by 10 each would be reasonable, especially for something like an explosive.

Maybe, but I don't want it to become too good - it's a one-handed heavy weapon, it can't be too good! But I will adjust the stats if they turn out inappropriate - I haven't tested it much yet.

Also, is it supposed to be available for purchase before a normal grenade launcher? I researched one and could buy them at promotion 2, all blackops gear, explosives license, ect, and this feels slightly misplaced. Maybe grenade launchers should be unlocked by ANY

Grenade launchers are strictly military equipment. I'm afraid it can't be made more accessible.
(But maybe the flamethrower can...?)

...and I know this is the wrong thread, but the grenade cylinders for it do not fit into the 1x1 unit properly, and the GL itself looks like a 2x2, but is actually a 1x3

That's an outdated report actually; fixed in the current downloadable version.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 06, 2017, 08:22:34 pm »

Grenade launchers are strictly military equipment. I'm afraid it can't be made more accessible.
(But maybe the flamethrower can...?)

Grenade launchers are available for legal sale in much of the world to civilians. I speak not only of the U.S. and it's Leaf Bros of the North, but a ton of different places. I literally have a coworker who a year ago paid for the privilege of shooting a cow with an RPG in Thailand.

There is a catch. Grenade launchers that are available easily to anyone are 37mm and not 40mm. Some places have the real deal civilian legal 40mm or both 37mm and 40mm legally available for serious. It isn't the law that's usually the issue, but the expense of all the required safety measures of a manufacturer or wholesaler selling to you. Now, 37mm can be considered the "utility" size as just about every thing except HE is easily available.

Flame throwers actually have about the same laws associated with them than grenade launchers due to things like uncontrolled wildfires and something like an attack in Belfast in the 90s but are just as available and "legal" as grenade launchers. I mean for fuck sake there was a dude who had an anti-car jacking system for sale that was a flame thrower.

Strictly military equipment does not mean strictly military availability and quite frankly you should just come out and say that you don't want the players to have too good of equipment too early. :)