aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950412 times)

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6.2 alpha: Cyberweb Wars
« Reply #1185 on: April 01, 2017, 02:57:24 am »
Solair, specifically, if a civilian dies and you collect the gun... Kinda unfairly punishes, if I'm honest. This is especially true since collecting it is AUTOMATIC, if the map ends.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 06:18:16 am by mumble »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1186 on: April 01, 2017, 02:56:37 pm »
Solair, specifically, if a civilian dies and you collect the gun... Kinda unfairly punishes, if I'm honest. This is especially true since collecting it is AUTOMATIC, if the map ends.

Sorry but I didn't understand this sentence at all, except something to do with dying armed civilians is unfair. Can you rephrase please?

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 01, 2017, 03:51:06 pm »
Sorry but I didn't understand this sentence at all, except something to do with dying armed civilians is unfair. Can you rephrase please?
Maybe he means that collecting civilians' guns gives him a negative score?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 01, 2017, 06:57:55 pm »
Maybe he means that collecting civilians' guns gives him a negative score?

Well, obviously dying civilians give negative score... But what about their guns? Do they give negative score when collected?

If so, then it's an engine limitation and I can't do anything about it - well, apart from not giving civilians any guns.

Offline gentlemanraptor

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 01, 2017, 08:40:20 pm »
Yeah, I'd rather leave in the civilians with the guns  - I just hadn't put together that it only showed up when armed civilians died. Also, is there a way to make the FAMAS ufopedia page show up after researching its unlock?

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 01, 2017, 11:59:21 pm »
Are you saying you cannot give collected guns a score of 0?

Right now, lets say you have a map with chupacabras, and a few hunters with rifles

both hunters get slaughtered, and after killing the monsters, you get an additional -5 per rifle collected, despite the fact you are FORCED to take it at the end of the round.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 02, 2017, 02:24:29 am »
Neither the Hunting Rifle nor Nitro Express have recovery points, so I have no idea what it's all about. I never noticed any sort of penalty for picking up human guns.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 02, 2017, 06:01:32 am »
To be honest, I never noticed it too. Yes, I had a negative score sometimes - but only because of those carefree civilians who ran just into the enemy and ended up dead or accidentally killed by stray bullet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 15, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
Version 0.6.3 is online.

- Introduced new damage type: ELECTRIC.
- BlackOps Pistol is a bit stronger.
- Added mission: M.A.G.M.A. Reactor Malfunction. Added info on craft weapons to the Ufopaedia.
- Added some fluff articles on aliens.
- Added paperdoll for Tasoth (author unknown).
- New Gym graphics (author unknown).
- New Hunting Rifle sound. Fixed spawning on Native Urban maps.
- Fixed zombifying robots.
- Fixed wrong ranges on some pistols.
- Fixed Catacombs entrance.
- Fixed wrong research in the Magma Missions mini-arc.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 15, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »
Argh, it seems like X-Com Files' development progress goes far better than my progress in the game 8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 15, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »
Argh, it seems like X-Com Files' development progress goes far better than my progress in the game 8)

Still way slower than I'd like...

I want to have the mod at 1.0, so I could focus on doing fun stuff with it!

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6.3 alpha: Super Electric
« Reply #1196 on: April 16, 2017, 04:02:18 pm »
I notice you made a change which locked a few options in, presumably because I kept having the wrong settings

Is stuff like instant grenades, explosive height and psi level up absolutely necessary to have locked?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:15:26 pm by mumble »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 16, 2017, 04:46:04 pm »
I notice you made a change which locked a few options in, presumably because I kept having the wrong settings

Yes, although it's an older change.

Is stuff like instant grenades, explosive height and psi level up absolutely necessary to have locked?

Instant grenades and psi level up are effectively cheats, the mod was not balanced for them (neither is vanilla). I cannot allow them - if you want them, make an unofficial mod.
Explosive height is a bit different; height 2 is simply the only setting that doesn't give you stupid results. Flat explosions can sometimes be cheaty (like dropping HEs from air), and sometimes make explosives useless (like against flying units). Height 3 is too high (egg-shaped explosions). Height 2 gives most spherical explosions.

Offline JeyP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:52 am »
Really Sol? Really? Don't act like kid who thinks that his way it's only right way. You can write abo preferable options to choose but don't force them on people. I like instant grenades, know their advantages and i try not to abuse them. If you are so concerned about cheating you should remove granades and explosives entirely becouse you can cheat with that option turned off to. If someone want to cheat he will find the way anyway beside it's single player game ffs. Let everyone decide for themselves how they want to play. Freedom of choice™

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 17, 2017, 01:18:16 am »
Really Sol? Really? Don't act like kid who thinks that his way it's only right way. You can write abo preferable options to choose but don't force them on people. I like instant grenades, know their advantages and i try not to abuse them. If you are so concerned about cheating you should remove granades and explosives entirely becouse you can cheat with that option turned off to. If someone want to cheat he will find the way anyway beside it's single player game ffs. Let everyone decide for themselves how they want to play. Freedom of choice™

No. I write the mod, you play my way. Not because I am hungry for power, but because that's how all games are made. That's why certain things are forbidden in any game. Unless you write your own mod to change it, which takes like 30 seconds, and I'm totally cool with that, but then you will be playing something else.

Besides, you would be surprised how many people just don't read instructions, ever.