aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1951194 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.6 alpha: The Towering Inferno
« Reply #1065 on: March 08, 2017, 12:06:13 am »
Jesus Christ, just take the file :P

(now aimed attack only, small radius)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 08, 2017, 02:25:11 am »
Nah, the money is not an issue. It's not X-Piratez, the differences aren't that great, and you don't have that many people in the beginning.

Why must we give them 40k upfront? Why not 10K to match their starting salary?

Considering I've gone through 6 agents in the first 8 in game days of this play through... I think this one is going to be fucking rough.

Aliens are showing up way earlier this go around as well, and through luck my first two kills have been Sectoids. With no armor, rookies, and meh equipment, a light pistol and a plasma subrifle are basically equivalent.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 08, 2017, 02:39:59 am »
Say, now that there is a deprime option for grenades.. .. ... Is it possible to make a bomb defusal mission?

Maybe make a map and have a bunch of high explosives set to detonate with a timer of 60 or something, and you go around picking them up, and depriming them to save civilians in closed off rooms...

I have no idea how pheasable this is, but the idea sounds cool.

IIRC, rank is determined by how many soldiers you have. In essance, having more soldiers makes the cost ever so slightly exponentially more. I think its something like every 3 of x, you get 1 rank higher, and so on
Every 3 agents, get 1 sargent, every 3 sargent, and so on.

So unless you plan at having 50 soldiers on the first year, its not much of an issue, particularly because you need several fold more troops to get higher ranks.

EDIT : did you accidentally label some terrain as explosives? I've been playing, and randomly I shoot and theres a giant explosion...

Its pretty fucking wonky and game breaking, as a stray colt 44 round will hit an apartment complex, and randomly it explodes.

I think its that, because at the same time I never see these tiles break otherwise.  ???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:36:06 am by mumble »

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 08, 2017, 03:41:18 am »
Sorry for the double post, but yeah, this bug is very nasty. Seems a lot of city terrain now explodes when damaged by gunfire. Be it apartment walls with white siding, concrete stairs, or otherwise, a damaging bullet will cause an explosion. I'm not sure how many items it is, but I've noticed pretty much all "appartment" terrain, steel plates on brick / steel buildings that look like prison walls, and others.

Pretty sure this is unintentional, or else I CANNOT wait to see the lore behind why apartments are packed with high explosives.

Currently i've seen this with both the glock, and colt 45, incase this is tied to guns..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:45:33 am by mumble »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 08, 2017, 07:16:04 am »
Hmmm.... I think I saw some weird explosions too. Yesterday I tried to continue M.A.G.M.A. Lab mission after updating the mod and there was a big BOOM when I missed the shot and some building was hit instead of zombie. At first I thought that something triggered a proximity grenades that I forgot about but now I'm no so sure.
Wow, explosive terrain... What a dangerous world!

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 08, 2017, 07:31:51 am »
It was weird for me first time I saw it because I shot a thug on month 1 and he exploded...I wondered if he had a primed grenade, but then where the hell did a street thug get a grenade?!

I guess I shot the floor under him, and the floor exploded.

I was confused for a good 5 minutes

EDIT : I rolled the update back, I really cannot play this, this really butchers gameplay for me... I am curious, how in gods name did you manage to make this glitch???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:24:43 am by mumble »

Offline firsttefl1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 08, 2017, 10:49:02 am »
Sorry for the double post, but yeah, this bug is very nasty. Seems a lot of city terrain now explodes when damaged by gunfire. Be it apartment walls with white siding, concrete stairs, or otherwise, a damaging bullet will cause an explosion.

The same happens if you hit a stone block somewhere in the wilderness (see the save attached - "weird111.sav").
 My lone agent was hunting for some werewolves when suddenly the very earth exploded under his feet :)

Oh, and that happens when you shoot at a corpse (save "weird222.sav" to try that out - just shoot the werewolf corpse lying in front of you with your small shotgun - and KABOOM).

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 08, 2017, 11:06:28 am »
ROFL. Indeed, I got the same glitch on Crop Circle mission when one of my agent shot taser to the farmer and the soil exploded pretty powerfully. We need hotfix ASAP.

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 08, 2017, 11:08:45 am »
Is this the reason he named the update towering inferno, because shooting a minigun at any building makes it just that?

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 08, 2017, 12:48:51 pm »
Is this the reason he named the update towering inferno, because shooting a minigun at any building makes it just that?
I hope this name doesn't mean a towering inferno of bugs and glitches. At least nobody will tell now that Nitro Express makes no enough BOOM  ;D

BTW I think this "made-of-explodium" bug can be exploitable for the gas leak simulation in cave missions. But first we need to know how it became possible and how to fix it. Captain, we need your help!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:51:07 pm by Dr.Crowley »

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 08, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »
Aha! I encountered this bug too!

Tazed a ganger and suddenly the world exploded.

Sol! We're gonna need a shit load of ductape :)

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 08, 2017, 04:40:50 pm »
Don't nerf silacoids, they great!

Also LOL! Knew I did the right thing in waiting!

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 08, 2017, 05:27:57 pm »

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
May I ask how you even fucking deal with them?  :o I tried simulating a battle with juggurnaut armor, top guns, against just them, and got my absolutely killed. The constant fire damage, panicking, spreading, turn based damage, ect, just seems too much, and prior to promotion 3, they are almost impossible to damage.

I guess they are "great", if you consider great to be being FORCED to pack up and leave prior to promotion 3....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:32:44 pm by mumble »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 08, 2017, 07:15:28 pm »
This reminds me, does anyone have any experience about other incendiaries being used against them to relate? Judging from the ruleset and Quick Battles, they should do absolutely massive morale damage, to the point that psionics seem amateurs compared to a guy with a flamethrower. I'm not certsin this is wholly intended behaviour.  :o

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1079 on: March 08, 2017, 07:24:29 pm »

Because it's always been 40k per soldier... But maybe I should make them a bit cheaper indeed.

Still, 10k? Who are they, child soldiers? :P

Considering I've gone through 6 agents in the first 8 in game days of this play through... I think this one is going to be fucking rough.

Well... Hard to compare with vanilla, so I'm anxious to say anything, but vanilla mortality was high too.

I'll seriously consider it though.

Aliens are showing up way earlier this go around as well, and through luck my first two kills have been Sectoids. With no armor, rookies, and meh equipment, a light pistol and a plasma subrifle are basically equivalent.

Oh well, it happens. But you don't have to challenge them if you don't want to. :P

Say, now that there is a deprime option for grenades.. .. ... Is it possible to make a bomb defusal mission?

Maybe make a map and have a bunch of high explosives set to detonate with a timer of 60 or something, and you go around picking them up, and depriming them to save civilians in closed off rooms...

I have no idea how pheasable this is, but the idea sounds cool.

Sure it's possible. It doesn't even rely on the unpriming feature, but indeed it would make it a bit smoother.

Actually, such a mission (or several of them actually) have been planned for months... Meaning I have notes on how to do them, I haven't actually done any modding yet. Shouldn't be too demanding though.

IIRC, rank is determined by how many soldiers you have. In essance, having more soldiers makes the cost ever so slightly exponentially more. I think its something like every 3 of x, you get 1 rank higher, and so on
Every 3 agents, get 1 sargent, every 3 sargent, and so on.

So unless you plan at having 50 soldiers on the first year, its not much of an issue, particularly because you need several fold more troops to get higher ranks.

The actual numbers are:

Code: [Select]
Rookie: 15000
    costSalarySquaddie: +5000 # end salary 20000
    costSalarySergeant: +10000 # end salary 25000
    costSalaryCaptain: +20000 # end salary 35000
    costSalaryColonel: +40000 # end salary 55000
    costSalaryCommander: +70000 # end salary 85000

EDIT : did you accidentally label some terrain as explosives? I've been playing, and randomly I shoot and theres a giant explosion...

Its pretty fucking wonky and game breaking, as a stray colt 44 round will hit an apartment complex, and randomly it explodes.

I think its that, because at the same time I never see these tiles break otherwise.  ???

Yeah, I heard about it already on Discord. Apparently there is some bug in the new exe. Definitely not a mod problem, since to do that I'd need to change manually each problematic tile in MCDEdit separately, then copy the files to the game... Or somehow do it through MCDPatches, and I don't even know how off the top of my head. :P

So please have some patience, once Meridian sorts it out, I'll release a fixed version (including some other minor updates, like the Silacoid nerf).

No. They were unfair. :P

Don't worry, they're still extremely dangerous... Just less stupid!

Yeah right. :D

Hope to see an update soon!