Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949327 times)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.5.5 alpha: I'll Dissect You!
« Reply #900 on: February 03, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »
Well, the Zombie Plot makes MUCH MORE sense after some further research. Time has come to use "spoiler" button ;D
Spoiler:
Howerer, it somewhat retcons original's chryssalid zombification process (or are we witness an "alpha stage" of it?).
Another surprise for me! :D
Spoiler:
Mutant Plot became almost obvious for me after this encounter:

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #901 on: February 03, 2017, 05:02:40 pm »
Does Xcom files allow for multiple items per hour to be manufactured?

I can't tell... all I know is the option of  "multiple items per hour" in OXC Vanillla is not included in the the XCom files.

Good question... I never did anything to it, and I can't remember Meridian or Yankes doing so, though I'm not sure. Maybe it was removed at some point?

Well, the Zombie Plot makes MUCH MORE sense after some further research. Time has come to use "spoiler" button ;D

They aren't really related to those... But more will become apparent when I code it. :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2017, 05:21:16 pm »
Good question... I never did anything to it, and I can't remember Meridian or Yankes doing so, though I'm not sure. Maybe it was removed at some point?

TFTD manufacturing rules option has been removed and is now standard for both UFO and TFTD in OpenXcom (vanilla).

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 03, 2017, 05:25:38 pm »
TFTD manufacturing rules option has been removed and is now standard for both UFO and TFTD in OpenXcom (vanilla).

Thanks! I thought that was the case, but i thought I'd ask.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 03, 2017, 05:45:37 pm »
Thanks for the answer, Meridian. I wasn't sure.

And I finally started some serious work on the corporation building - see attachments for the humble beginnings. (It changes all the time, so it's not like this design is permanent.)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02:02 pm »
By the way, as far as I understand, we have some kind of deadline for our "I-want-to-be-next-BPRD" activity (1.01.1999). I'm not sure if all vital research can be done in time - it's almost a middle of 1998 and I still have no Promotion II yet, despite having THREE lab teams.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 03, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »
By the way, as far as I understand, we have some kind of deadline for our "I-want-to-be-next-BPRD" activity (1.01.1999). I'm not sure if all vital research can be done in time - it's almost a middle of 1998 and I still have no Promotion II yet, despite having THREE lab teams.

No need to sweat it, the invasion isn't too horrible at the moment. I think I'll make it a bit more brutal, but I'll also move the game start back 6 months to give the player more time. For now, it is as it is.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 03, 2017, 06:45:50 pm »
About the building, I think you should open the walls which separate the upper floor from the entrance (glass panels or just waist-high barriers). Gives a nice advantage to whoever is defending.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 03, 2017, 06:51:25 pm »
About the building, I think you should open the walls which separate the upper floor from the entrance (glass panels or just waist-high barriers). Gives a nice advantage to whoever is defending.

You mean something like this?

(These panels are transparent.)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 03, 2017, 08:29:00 pm »
No need to sweat it, the invasion isn't too horrible at the moment. I think I'll make it a bit more brutal, but I'll also move the game start back 6 months to give the player more time. For now, it is as it is.
Oh, okay.
Another question - how about to add the famous black helicopters for MiB? They would appear on the Crop Circles mission maps if MiB agents are present there. Nice way to show how they managed to outrun X-Com operatives and good counterpart to X-Com transport.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:28:58 pm by Dr.Crowley »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 03, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »
Another thing - how about to add famous black helicopters for MiB? It would spawn on the Crop Circles mission maps if MiB agents are present to show how they managed to outrun X-Com operatives.

For now there are black Dragonflies, as I don't have the resources for a helicopter. I could use them, but for now the entire MiB thing is a little small; they can just as well arrive in a black Volga.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 03, 2017, 10:08:00 pm »
Well, I don't have to worry about money anymore...

My total income is now over 16 million a month, and growing. I don't have to worry about funding ever again... now I just have to only keep Russia happy. :)

Offline Ketonur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 04, 2017, 03:14:07 am »
It`s October 1998 and i was just fighting against sectoids (ufo landed next to my base) is it a bug ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 04, 2017, 03:49:45 am »
Well, I don't have to worry about money anymore...

My total income is now over 16 million a month, and growing. I don't have to worry about funding ever again... now I just have to only keep Russia happy. :)

Well, the game is still being balanced. :q

It`s October 1998 and i was just fighting against sectoids (ufo landed next to my base) is it a bug ?

It's OK, they're just doing some research - like they have been doing for decades.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 04, 2017, 04:05:31 am »
Is it possible to start with funding from just one or two countries, possibly determined by where you start, and earn the payments from other countries as you go?  Possibly including research to even legally operate outside of continent you start on.  Maybe missions won't spawn in those areas without research, would need an even earlier start date, or you just have to use covert appropriate weaponry until you have legal right to operate.