Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950567 times)

Offline kazek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.4.2 alpha: Going Postal
« Reply #570 on: November 04, 2016, 11:56:39 pm »
This mod is getting better and better!

I just had a seemingly simple mission: bust some Church of Dagon worshippers. My two operatives approached them at night with their flashlights on. Suddenly one of them (shotgun wielding) got a headshot and those basterds run of the building looking for my remaining officer (armed with glock, electric club and two spare clips). I had to turn off my flashlight and hunt them one by one in the woods staying on the verge of light (from the flashlight dropped by my dead soldier). Simply epic! Thank you very much!

Also small bug report. I got CTD when game tries to spawn postal mission. It says:

OpenXcom has crashed: Error proccessing mission script named: soldierRampage, race: STR_POSTAL1 is not defined.  Extra information has been saced to openxcom.log

Also from my earlier playthrough (maybe it was allready reported) in Red Dawn HQ some of my soldiers were spawned in room they couldn't escape from (there was no doors, lift, ladder and the walls were undestructible, at least for explosives)

And I don't know if this is intentional or not but EXALT has some high-explosive armchairs in their lair.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2016, 12:02:51 am »
This mod is getting better and better!

Thanks! Glad you're still playing it.

I just had a seemingly simple mission: bust some Church of Dagon worshippers. My two operatives approached them at night with their flashlights on. Suddenly one of them (shotgun wielding) got a headshot and those basterds run of the building looking for my remaining officer (armed with glock, electric club and two spare clips). I had to turn off my flashlight and hunt them one by one in the woods staying on the verge of light (from the flashlight dropped by my dead soldier). Simply epic! Thank you very much!

Yeah, walking around with flashlights (or flares) in hand is just teasing the sniper. :) Of course they have their role, but if you're fighting by night, you'd better stay in the dark, because the opponents won't be so nice as to light up themselves.

Also small bug report. I got CTD when game tries to spawn postal mission. It says:

Shit. I screwed up. :/

I'll fix it.

Also from my earlier playthrough (maybe it was allready reported) in Red Dawn HQ some of my soldiers were spawned in room they couldn't escape from (there was no doors, lift, ladder and the walls were undestructible, at least for explosives)

I think this has been fixed already.

And I don't know if this is intentional or not but EXALT has some high-explosive armchairs in their lair.

OK, I'll look at it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 05, 2016, 05:19:10 am »
Just looking into this mod, interesting so far, not as quirky as pirates.  Are the bikini babe posters default? I can't remember those in the original game.

Found two issues, though I only thought to get a save for one. First is some stairs you can climb up, but not down, treats the area above the stairs as normal floor, got the save for that.  Second was a general enemy fenced off from your agents, shotgun took care of the fence.  Scatter from shotguns is a little insane, killed an agent directly behind the guy on one attempt.

Edit

was messing with the new battles part of the main menu, looking at the ufopedia,  I get a crash on the chemtrails transfer site, hybrid storage facility, and hybrid operations.  Haven't had time to check the whole topic, so I don't know if those have been mentioned.

Incidentally, what is the CAFE? I was in there to see what it was.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:20:13 am by khade »

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 05, 2016, 10:06:23 am »
Wow, I thought I already knew that ethereals are pretty scary. Until I decided that the time has come to bust some bases. Just than I realized that of first three bases I had on surface two belong to ethereals and one to sectoids. Now I'm really considering to not to shoot down next snakeman base convoy as it seems only option to acquire more data slates without too much pain.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 05, 2016, 10:57:31 am »
Just looking into this mod, interesting so far, not as quirky as pirates.  Are the bikini babe posters default? I can't remember those in the original game.

I think it was added by Hobbes, and maybe Dioxine had something to do with it, I'm not sure. :)

Found two issues, though I only thought to get a save for one. First is some stairs you can climb up, but not down, treats the area above the stairs as normal floor, got the save for that.

Thanks, fixed (I hope).

Second was a general enemy fenced off from your agents, shotgun took care of the fence.

If it comes up again, please let me know which place it was.

was messing with the new battles part of the main menu, looking at the ufopedia,  I get a crash on the chemtrails transfer site, hybrid storage facility, and hybrid operations.  Haven't had time to check the whole topic, so I don't know if those have been mentioned.

When exactly did it crash? What race and terrain was used?

Incidentally, what is the CAFE? I was in there to see what it was.

It's a cafe. :q
Basically a starting point for one discreet mission, where you're not supposed to go guns blazing in a Dragonfly.

Wow, I thought I already knew that ethereals are pretty scary. Until I decided that the time has come to bust some bases. Just than I realized that of first three bases I had on surface two belong to ethereals and one to sectoids. Now I'm really considering to not to shoot down next snakeman base convoy as it seems only option to acquire more data slates without too much pain.

Whew, it's a good thing I fixed a bug with these slates recently.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 05, 2016, 11:21:50 am »

Whew, it's a good thing I fixed a bug with these slates recently.

Well,  one would have to face them at some point anyway :)
Early ethereal presense could be considered an ingame situation apart from fact that I probably managed to snatch some tech and intel from them very early.

Also, may I ask whom anthropods belong to or are they a separate faction?

And I have a very strange situation: a very large MiB ship with Base mission sat down in the middle of USA and is sitting there for about a week or so. Is it supposed to do such things?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 05, 2016, 11:59:04 am »
Early ethereal presense could be considered an ingame situation apart from fact that I probably managed to snatch some tech and intel from them very early.

I've modified race appearance tables, so it should be a little less outrageous with the next release.

Also, may I ask whom anthropods belong to or are they a separate faction?

For now they are just another alien race, but I plan to change it in the future - the "invasion from another dimension" arc.

And I have a very strange situation: a very large MiB ship with Base mission sat down in the middle of USA and is sitting there for about a week or so. Is it supposed to do such things?

Yes, because it technically is a base. (An old and rather simplified mechanics.) They constantly generate negative points, like and landed UFO, so if you leave them untouched, they'll pull you under. Raid them! :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 05, 2016, 01:45:27 pm »
Maybe assault cannon, miniguns androcket launchers must be pure two-handed?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 05, 2016, 02:00:17 pm »
Maybe assault cannon, miniguns androcket launchers must be pure two-handed?

Yes, they should... I thought they were already. :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 05, 2016, 10:04:26 pm »
So, here i am again, with my nobody-asked-opinion, bad english and long text. Today i have some free time and decided to play oxcfiles a bit. After killing dozen or two sectoids, i saved game on strategy screen and begin to watch forward for research, giving no attention to other events.(my record is 4 months of that, without lose the game) Justwanted to see: what's next?
And... After elerium research, oxcfiles magically turns into FMP. With delta-radiation, cheating railguns, e.t.c.
Looks like there is plenty to do in late game. I dont want to say it is bad, understood me right, please. I was just surprised.  :o
And little advice for those, who just begin playng: do not sell corpses before research them.  ;)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 06, 2016, 02:41:38 am »
The choices I had were farm, sectoid, scout, on beginner difficulty, since I was honestly just there to see what cafe was.

Found another map bug, which if you can figure out how to duplicate it, could be fun, a hill just had one level empty, your troops can't get on top, but can walk right through it.  The reason I think it could be fun duplicated is that you're investigating strange things, so why not reality itself having glitches?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 06, 2016, 12:04:46 pm »
So, here i am again, with my nobody-asked-opinion, bad english and long text.

Great, I'm always eager to read your nobody-asked-opinions! :)

And... After elerium research, oxcfiles magically turns into FMP. With delta-radiation, cheating railguns, e.t.c.
Looks like there is plenty to do in late game. I dont want to say it is bad, understood me right, please. I was just surprised.  :o

Yes, you are correct... The late game is FMP at this point. And yes, it still needs a lot of work, since I'm creating stuff in chronological order.
I'm not sure what you mean by "cheating railguns" - if you mean they're too good and/or too easily accessible, rest assured that the entire Gauss tree will work differently. I never considered Railguns OP though, can you elaborate?

And little advice for those, who just begin playng: do not sell corpses before research them.  ;)

In any mod ever. 8)

The choices I had were farm, sectoid, scout, on beginner difficulty, since I was honestly just there to see what cafe was.

....Apparently, I should make more missions with the cafe. :)

Found another map bug, which if you can figure out how to duplicate it, could be fun, a hill just had one level empty, your troops can't get on top, but can walk right through it.  The reason I think it could be fun duplicated is that you're investigating strange things, so why not reality itself having glitches?

Hmm, interesting... Pity I can't do much with it if I don't know which one it is. It's probably one of Hobbes' terrain blocks, which means it's probably repaired on his side already... But if it's not, I'll have to know which one it was.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 07, 2016, 09:44:23 pm »
Just tried this mod for the first time, and I found this:

My man managed to get up there, but he can no longer get out because there's a floor where the stairs should be! Mysterious!
Seriously though I have no idea if this is a known or even already-fixed issue, but I figured I'd report it anyway. Apologies if I'm being redundant.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 08, 2016, 01:52:14 am »
Redundancy is the spice of life!  Or is that Melange?  Regardless, I've brought it up, you've brought it up, I'm still not caught up in the topic, so who knows who else noticed the mysteriously missing stairs.  All we're missing is a chainsaw to easily open an exit, as that building doesn't have have second floor opening and the starting guns aren't really strong enough to take out actual walls, from what I can tell.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 08, 2016, 02:21:09 am »
Just tried this mod for the first time, and I found this:

My man managed to get up there, but he can no longer get out because there's a floor where the stairs should be! Mysterious!
Seriously though I have no idea if this is a known or even already-fixed issue, but I figured I'd report it anyway. Apologies if I'm being redundant.
Yes i see this in my Game. I solved shooting and destroying a wall. Later. flying freeeeeee.

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk