aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949303 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.4.2 alpha: Going Postal
« Reply #555 on: November 02, 2016, 08:07:48 pm »
As you wish.
Offtop question about "startingconditions": I saw Meridian post "Soldiers, which won't fit in the replacement craft, won't be available during the mission at all." What if all soldiers won't fit?

I expect the game to crash with a message that "no X-Com units could be placed on the map", or something similar. Which is a normal thing if you make a map without a craft (like in the alien base for example) and screw up.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 02, 2016, 08:16:46 pm »
Hello:

I imagine you are aware of it, but in the missions to be accomplished one objective, I think ten rounds, if all pass, not ends. I've been tested, purposely letting go all shifts, and exceeding the limit, but the game continues.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 02, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »
I imagine you are aware of it, but in the missions to be accomplished one objective, I think ten rounds, if all pass, not ends. I've been tested, purposely letting go all shifts, and exceeding the limit, but the game continues.

Yes, that's because the mechanics is missing from the code yet. :) It's in the nightly, which should be merged soon by Yankes. So for now I'm just pretending it's all fine, and la-la-la, I can't hear you. :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 02, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »
I expect the game to crash with a message that "no X-Com units could be placed on the map", or something similar. Which is a normal thing if you make a map without a craft (like in the alien base for example) and screw up.
Sad. I wanted to implement depth restrictions in tftd based on this.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 02, 2016, 08:22:39 pm »
Agree. No pressure or get you intend to draw fouls. To all this, your work seems amazing and impressive, especially the variety you're printing, the mod.  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 02, 2016, 08:39:28 pm »
Agree. No pressure or get you intend to draw fouls. To all this, your work seems amazing and impressive, especially the variety you're printing, the mod.  :)

Well, it's called alpha for a reason. :)

By the way, is there a real life weapon that really should be in the mod and isn't yet? (No promises though.)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 02, 2016, 08:41:58 pm »
14 april 1999
hehe so someone got further than me :) What was the main enemy of the terror mission? Snakemen?

I'm guessing that the blackops minigun wins by armor damage, akin to how chem wins in Piratez. You hit something repeatedly until you deplete armor and subsequent hits kill. This makes weapons with extra armor damage and lots of shots better than "dedicated weapons" like lasers which ignore armor.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:26 am »
I just registred to tell, that you, all your colleagues in modding and your work are amazing and awesome.

I started when v3.6 was current build I suppose and now my date is 5th of June 1999 and on the latest terror misson I got bunch of sectopods, some gazers, three ethereals and three mutons. By the moment I busted EXALT, Black Lotus and Church of Dagon, researched lazers and railguns, so it was somewhat managable. But I also shot down a UFO with interrogation room full of ethereals, 7 of them I think - that nearly costed me my whole top team, had to use savecheating. I met some snakemen, but for some reason they were quickly replaced by gazers.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 03, 2016, 09:44:39 am »
I update the Game to 4 and when load i have a car named café withouth a ufopaedia entry. Whats the car do?

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2016, 01:09:03 pm »
I just registred to tell, that you, all your colleagues in modding and your work are amazing and awesome.

I started when v3.6 was current build I suppose and now my date is 5th of June 1999 and on the latest terror misson I got bunch of sectopods, some gazers, three ethereals and three mutons. By the moment I busted EXALT, Black Lotus and Church of Dagon, researched lazers and railguns, so it was somewhat managable. But I also shot down a UFO with interrogation room full of ethereals, 7 of them I think - that nearly costed me my whole top team, had to use savecheating. I met some snakemen, but for some reason they were quickly replaced by gazers.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Yes, I have already modified alien missions so that Ethereals aren't as early. That was after 4.0c though, so unreleased yet. Congratulations on making it this far though!

I update the Game to 4 and when load i have a car named café withouth a ufopaedia entry. Whats the car do?

What do you mean? Is it in the quick battle, or actual game?

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 04, 2016, 10:49:26 am »
I'm a bit new here and maybe it was previously asked, but could you please tell if Cults are intentionally different in strehngth and hardness? I just busted Red Down HQ and it felt easier than Black Lotus and generally Church felt not very hardy, next was Red Down, then EXALT with Black Lotus where EXALT .

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 04, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »
I'm a bit new here and maybe it was previously asked, but could you please tell if Cults are intentionally different in strehngth and hardness? I just busted Red Down HQ and it felt easier than Black Lotus and generally Church felt not very hardy, next was Red Down, then EXALT with Black Lotus where EXALT .

They are not intentionally different, I just didn't found it necessary to make them perfectly balanced. There are too many random elements in the game anyway. And besides, it also depends on personal tactics and preferences, so another player might put them in a different order.

By the way, Black Lotus HQ used to be even harder - before the camo mechanics the Assassins were essentially invisible unless seen from a diagonal angle, which made them very hard to spot in tight corridors. But I think it's better now, without dirty hacks.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 04, 2016, 06:46:52 pm »
Oh, that's clear now, thanks! But assasins are still badass as hell :)

Btw, don't know if it is a known bug, but when you try to craft Stormlance game crashes

In addition to that "Railguns" ufopedia entry make gane to crush
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:08:09 pm by mrbiasha »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:09 pm »
Thank you very much for the kind words.

Yes, I have already modified alien missions so that Ethereals aren't as early. That was after 4.0c though, so unreleased yet. Congratulations on making it this far though!

What do you mean? Is it in the quick battle, or actual game?
Actual Game.  in base appear in a hangar. Is a starting Game only 3 month of game

Enviado desde mi ECOO E04 3GB mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 04, 2016, 11:54:19 pm »
Actual Game.  in base appear in a hangar. Is a starting Game only 3 month of game

Interesting... I have no idea how it happened, probably mixed ids.

Can you post a save?