Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.3: Mysteries Ancient And New  (Read 2008599 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 3.1: Lights in The Sky
« Reply #5805 on: December 17, 2023, 02:22:15 pm »
I mean the "evil" ones.
The real evil ones are the
Spoiler:
1500 point loss.

And pissing off council (which they get over it)

Offline donk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: December 17, 2023, 03:53:55 pm »
HQ gives: 25 storage, 3 prison space, 5 scientists. Need to free that up.
Didn't know about storage, thanks.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: December 17, 2023, 09:56:31 pm »
I noticed something strange. There is a hybrid warehouse mission. And all the enemies in this mission are anywhere, but definitely not in the warehouse. It makes you experience a cringe, to tell the truth.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: December 18, 2023, 05:47:05 pm »
I noticed something strange. There is a hybrid warehouse mission. And all the enemies in this mission are anywhere, but definitely not in the warehouse. It makes you experience a cringe, to tell the truth.
But Osiron warehouse is exactly opposite)
BTW lorewise it could be justified by means that hybrids are smarter, than humans:)

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: December 18, 2023, 06:56:42 pm »
But Osiron warehouse is exactly opposite)
BTW lorewise it could be justified by means that hybrids are smarter, than humans:)
They are smarter and therefore leave their warehouse with a bunch of questionable things without a watchman.))

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: December 22, 2023, 10:10:39 am »
They are smarter and therefore leave their warehouse with a bunch of questionable things without a watchman.))
No, they watch. From the opposite house. Smart approach.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: December 24, 2023, 12:42:26 pm »
Dear all,

is there like a chronology of events and if some steps are not made then some are not apearing?

is there like a road map?

I ask as I am now in the phase with lot of UFO sightings,  + I destroyed the first alien base...

and  I did in the underdark - crab ppl, made deal with the lizardman and with mummies... got Spider queen mission BUT never had a Antman missions /will they come later?/

and did multiple underwater missions - next will be undersea city

and had the missions with the special ppl like - morozova, Island of monsters, Kung Fu master etc

and destroyed the Yankee cult, the Ninja kult and the Dagon cult BUT never got the Red cult mansion appear /so that kult base never came? as now the UFO part started will it come?/

had the Syndicate tower mission, wizkids, etc missions - I think there the next will be UAC missions /but for one mission the normal car is needed...so I need to buy one again.../

I do look into the Wiki but a road map when which event can appear would be nice...is there any? /or thats the magic that you cannot get everything in one run?/

Offline Sneak Dog

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: December 24, 2023, 01:25:30 pm »
There's a whole bunch of different storylines. They're mostly unrelated, and will all just be happening. Sometimes the randomness can produce funny results, like how the Red Dawn barely appeared for you. They'll appear yet. There's probably also a bunch of Red Dawn cult houses for you to raid and kidnap a high ranking member from to progress the storyline. Main thing to do is making sure you're capturing and researching new dudes and researching progression researches. Which it sounds like you have been doing.

I don't think any of the storylines can be aborted, but sometimes you can skip a mission. If you've made a deal with the lizardpeople, then I don't think the antman missions will come. But they're also no longer needed for anything. So you're good.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: December 24, 2023, 05:20:56 pm »
yes Red dawn cult house still comes...but I captured and researched them all...I am missing the Red Dawn Coordinator /I got early the D Factory  but there I killed everybody/ and the Red dawn Cult Forward Base or Red Dawn Manor...is not apearing....but will continue fighting the Aliens and do the Underwater missions etc

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: December 24, 2023, 08:27:33 pm »
The RNG can result in weird results. I have in some cases had to wait for 12+ months for a forward base mission. The good news for you is that starting from January 1999, the chances to get Cult Forward Base increases quite a bit. So it's more likely finally get one once the game progresses. The bad news is that they have probably spawned quite a few manors then.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 08:27:31 pm by psavola »

Offline theophilos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: December 25, 2023, 07:40:44 pm »
I had an ai get killed in underwater mission while being a scout underwater basic craft , by a sonic weapon , it did leave a corpse on top of the USO and I completed mission

But I see no way to revive?

Is there no way to revive ai, i don't really understand how ai deaths work so I'm afraid to use them and get them killed
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 07:44:39 pm by theophilos »

Offline Nerro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: December 25, 2023, 10:17:18 pm »
You can revive them in the "Agents" menu. It is a transformation (bottom left menu).

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: December 26, 2023, 02:26:50 am »
Dear all,

is there like a chronology of events and if some steps are not made then some are not appearing?

Your really at the mercy of RNG and whatever it feels like giving you. You'll have to wait for a cult forward mission to pop.
Cult missions typically go something like this:

Cults Missions:
There are four main types of cult missions. Each mission category progresses (becomes more difficult) with time and each mission category contains more important members that need to be captured and interrogated.

Mission types:

Cult Apprehensions:
These are the easiest. This is one cult member wandering around town looking to cause some good, honest mayhem. Capture him alive if possible. That will lead to valuable research after interrogation (research) is complete.

Cult Safehouses:
These are a bit more difficult. Playing on “experienced”, there are usually 8 cult members per safehouse. There is also one more cult member type that needs to be captured. Still consider these missions fairly easy for semi experienced agents.

Cult Outposts:
Level three of difficulty when it comes to cult missions. Playing on “experienced”, there are usually 12 cult members per Outpost. There is also one more cult member type that needs to be captured.

Cult Forward:
These are the most difficult. Expect heavy fire, enemies throwing grenades, etc. Playing on “experienced”, there are usually 20 cult members per Outpost. In most cases your main objective is to capture a cult boss. This will open up research for “Cult HQ missions”.

Offline theophilos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: December 26, 2023, 01:43:29 pm »
Is there any point to radar craft like Hawkeye? Why not just cover most landmass with radar base anyway? The idea of constantly sending out long range radar craft would probably add hours of fiddling so I'm afraid waste resources making one

Does anyone use these and for what purpose?

You can revive them in the "Agents" menu. It is a transformation (bottom left menu).

Thank you !!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 01:50:02 pm by theophilos »

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: December 26, 2023, 03:18:13 pm »
Is there any point to radar craft like Hawkeye?
I don't use it, but I guess the point is to not bother with
Why not just cover most landmass with radar base anyway?
Which means base management, base defences, etc. etc. There is some hotkey that makes the craft automatically refuel or something, I think?