Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950970 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.8: The Shores of Hell
« Reply #4245 on: June 19, 2021, 10:02:00 am »
Does this have an designed for difficulty level? Like in Xpiratez where playing on super human actually makes it easier?

See here
, no need to ask the same question twice.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.8: The Shores of Hell
« Reply #4246 on: June 21, 2021, 10:46:52 pm »
btw. just i got 1idea for title of next XCF´ update :

Spoiler:
*I Want to Believe"
;D)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 01:28:29 am by RolandVasko »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.9: Free Falling
« Reply #4247 on: June 24, 2021, 08:05:47 pm »
Version 1.9 has been released!

- New advanced agent type: Olympian.
- New armor: Night-Ops Suit (graphics by Brain_322).
- New weapons: Winchester Model 1901, Tritanium Kukri (graphics for both by Brain_322), Sporting Bow, Hatchet (sprites for both donated by Dioxine), Switchblade.
- New item: Survival Notes.
- New units: MiB Shock Trooper, Betarian (graphics for both by Brain_322), Male Detective (graphics mostly by Dioxine), HSD Marine, Male Survivalist.
- New mission: Alien Orbital Station.
- New facility: Plasma Drone Bay (graphics for robotic units by Brain_322).
- 11 new events (by justaround).
- 8 new faces (collab with Dioxine and Brain_322).
- New lore articles (thanks Rellestys for the "Missions and Research" text).
- Cars and radar craft are undetectable to aliens.
- Radar craft can auto-patrol.
- Added ambient sounds to some environments (jungle, rural, forest and winter maps).
- Most enemies can kneel and/or run (requires OXCE 7.0.11 or later).
- Moon arc needs Alien Brain Remains instead of Ethereal Commander.
- New graphics for Sectopod Minigun, Dart Rifle and Synthmuscles (all by Brain_322).
- Proper Gilldog autopsy pic (by Grouse and Brain_322).
- Nitro Express has a better damage roll profile.
- USP Match is a little stronger.
- OICW grenades are less accurate.
- Slightly better aimed shots on BlackOps Spypistol.
- Electric Prod can be used underwater and in space.
- Recoilless Gun is now a revived weeapon.
- New Council-related researches.
- Message from M.A.G.M.A. no. 001 is easier to get.
- Grav module can be recovered from Waspites.
- Alien Colonies can now expand into new bases.
- Removed startResearch script.
- Marine Base Defense tweaks.
- Syndicate Monster Lab appears less frequently after the first time.
- Mummy Abode appears more easily the first time.
- Humvee allowed on beach missions.
- Tweaked some MiB stats.
- Enforcer requires 1 Alenium Shard.
- Aqua-Plastic Suits recover as Aqua-Plastics.
- Tweaked some armor resistances.
- Some live creatures can be found during land surveys.
- Zephyr Serum is more expensive.
- Night Owl now gives Sanity too.
- Lighter GMGEO5 track (by Brain_322).
- Better Cyberweb Roboturret and Large Drone Examination Ufopedia pictures (both by Brain_322).
- Better Alien Drone inventory picture (by Brain_322).
- Cleaner Aqua-Plastic Suit bigob.
- Osiron Goon bigob and floorob better matching the sprite.
- Improved X-Com base routes.
- Blocked some more articles on Commendation from appearing at game start.
- Improved Urban Low map generation.
- Corporate warehouse has windows.
- Updated enforced and recommended options.
- Fixed dog zombification on some units.
- Fixed mismatched Rocket Launcher ammo on some MiBs.
- Fixed enemy robots recovery (stores are robot prisons now).
- Alien Tunnels fixes (by Dioxine).
- Fixed Megascorpion sprite directions.
- Fixed position of some clips (by Brain_322).
- Fixed Jump Armor sprite (thanks The Martian).
- Fixed Shady Tavern briefing.
- Fixed Tijuana location.
- Fixed UAC dimensional portal ramps.
- Fixed the Cruiser article.
- Minor fixes.

WARNING: kneeling and running enemies is a new OXCE feature, not yet released. If you want to use it before a new OXCE release happens, you need to download the current build from https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/#/Extended - do it at your own risk. :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:08:11 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 25, 2021, 09:51:17 am »
Hooray, a new version.

Once I am finished with current mission, I will install.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 25, 2021, 07:20:08 pm »
Kneeling and running enemies...

That actually makes me want to ask a question, but is it possible to know when enemy walks and when he runs (So its possible to estimate his energy and possible TU reserves for reactions ?) ? When i initially started using the run ability it i was disapointed that the soldier has copy and paste animations of walking and running and i had trouble finding out if i am actually running or not.

Also who are Olympians ?

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 26, 2021, 03:08:23 am »
Wow, the new additions sound awesome!

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 27, 2021, 12:01:01 pm »
Also who are Olympians ?
In mythology, greek gods.
In RL, someone competing in the Olympics.
In XCF, soldiers, whose Stat Cap for Psi Skill is 100, rather than 50. Their Psi defence counts Psi Skill half as much as regular soldier's Psi defence though.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 05, 2021, 03:24:06 am »
It's been some time since I last played this mod, and can't see it in changelogs but I see that zombies now lunge at you the moment they see you regardless of distance. The whole mission experience changed for the better and it now feels like a proper zombie battle, them swarming and all. Wanted to give feedback that it was an amazing addition.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 05, 2021, 12:48:21 pm »
It's been some time since I last played this mod, and can't see it in changelogs but I see that zombies now lunge at you the moment they see you regardless of distance. The whole mission experience changed for the better and it now feels like a proper zombie battle, them swarming and all. Wanted to give feedback that it was an amazing addition.

Yes, agreed! It works much better now.

I haven't added it in the changelog, because it's an OXCE update, not on the mod side.

EDIT:

Version 1.9.1 has been released.

1.9.1:
- New M.A.G.M.A. logo (by Brain_322).
- New Ammo Box graphics (by Brain_322).
- Zephyr Serum cannot be bought, but can be made from Chryssalids.
- Trading with The Wizkids mission uses Osiron outfits.
- Live Bombardier Beetles can be processed into napalm grenades.
- Fixed a critical bug with Tritanium Vest for the F0 face.
- Hatchet purchase fix.
- Tweaks to the Rice Farm terrain (by Dioxine).
- Some fixes and tweaks to the UAC terrain.
- Minor fixes.

As you can see, it's mostly a fix release, but there's some useful stuff as well. And eye candy.

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 12, 2021, 12:41:43 am »
The idea of running enemies terrifies me. So many enemies with melee weapons, and they all just got substantially more dangerous.

Kneeling is bad news too.

Sometimes it's the small things...

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 12, 2021, 11:14:02 am »
Did some enemies get a sprite update to show when they're kneeling? Just to know. Your soldiers do, even if it's barely perceptible.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 16, 2021, 09:55:44 am »
Are you planning any major changes for the mid and late stages of the game, when the war will go mostly with aliens?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 17, 2021, 01:30:09 pm »
Did some enemies get a sprite update to show when they're kneeling? Just to know. Your soldiers do, even if it's barely perceptible.

Yes of course, they all visibly kneel. (Took me a whole day to draw the sprites. ;) )

Are you planning any major changes for the mid and late stages of the game, when the war will go mostly with aliens?

Oh yes.

Offline DoomSlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 31, 2021, 07:29:10 pm »
Scorch, a year ago I wrote to you about adding a special suit for a sniper to the game,which gives excellent camouflage, but very much cuts mobility. Then you said that you would think about it,so what do you say about it ? Also, a huge request, add a tracked version of a tritanium tank to the game,it's just that the hovertank looks flawed and funny and not at all brutal.  And also, regarding UAC. If we find a BFG, can we add Praetorian Armor to the game in addition to this ? Something like " A mysterious set of armor created from a material unknown to science. We fired at it with all sorts of weapons,but the hits do not even leave a scratch on it. During the test, the agent who dressed him entered a state of extreme aggression and a thirst for murder, gaining superhuman strength, reaction and endurance. The influence of the suit greatly affects the agent's morale, so he can not withstand its impact for a long time,causing a nervous breakdown, but it is noticed that murders bring an inexplicable sense of satisfaction. A strange mark is drawn on the helmet, there are no similar ones in human history. The presence of demons nearby causes its bright red glow. Interestingly, if demons see this mark, it causes them an uncontrollable attack of the strongest horror. The technologies of this suit are beyond our understanding,we are not able to create even something similar."

Offline DoomSlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 31, 2021, 08:40:58 pm »
Scorch,Also, I would like to ask you to fix the EXALT Bouncers, namely their night vision. It is too good, although this is not supported by anything,because they are dressed in a business suit with a hat,they do not have a night vision device. It is more logical to give such a night vision to the Liquidators of EXALT, who are dressed as special forces. Also, please add fragmentation grenades to the game.In the game we have a high-explosive grenade(offensive( RGD-5,M61)),but there are no defensive(F-1). It would deal cutting damage and cover a larger radius, but it would cause extremely little damage to objects.You can say that there is a tritanium grenade, but it sets fire to the surface and is already an alien technology,but what about our human capabilities ? We can take a look at X-COM 2012 , there are two types of grenades that give different tactical capabilities. You will say, why is this necessary ? Well, here's the situation for you - your squad has taken up defense in the house, and the enemy has already come close to the walls. If we throw an ordinary grenade at them,we will break the wall,that is,our potential shelter,after which we will be shot like ducks, but if we throw a fragmentation one, then the enemy will kill and the wall will be whole, allowing us to continue firing from cover. The same applies to alien ships,when the enemy is in a room with energy cells, and you don't want to break them at all,a fragmentation grenade comes to our aid. Appearance ? In X-piratez there is a green color option.Since you are in contact with the author of this mod ,this will not be a problem(we recall the sawn-off shot taken from there). Also, please add lethal gas grenades.There is no need to go far for examples,the M7A3 grenade is in service with the USA.What for? The answer to this question will arise when you meet with the super soldiers of the syndicate or with the special forces of the red dawn, whom you pick one by one ,the whole team, to no avail with your rifle, and they only laugh in response, calling you clowns. Also, I would like to ask you to rebalance the RPG-7, namely its receipt. You get it after 3 boosts, but you also get a launcher. You look at the RPG and the launcher and think what to take.You see the damage of the launcher and all questions disappear. Yes, the launcher does not have such a penetration of armor as an RPG,but it is needed only for MIB tanks, nowhere else, in other cases it is much worse.And I am now talking about the 3rd increase,this is most likely the end of 1998-the beginning of 99, when the invasion is already beginning. Sectoids with a chance of 30-45 percent will withstand an RPG shot, but a heavy rocket from the launcher does not leave them a chance,which means that the player will use the launcher to avoid unnecessary risk,and the RPG will lie and be covered with dust.The idea of the weapon itself is very interesting,a light rocket launcher that causes less damage than a launcher, a more compact ammunition, allowing you to have 7 shots ,not 4, less TU for shooting and reloading, allowing you to charge and shoot in one turn. I really like how the RPG is implemented in X-piratez.A wide variety of missiles allows it to be relevant at all stages of the game.What do I suggest:1-The player gets an RPG after 2 upgrades, but only with a high-explosive missile,getting an anti-tank one on 3 upgrades.This will give the player a good explosive weapon that will help in the fight against the impenetrable special forces of the red dawn and with the super soldiers of the syndicate,as well as give the opportunity to destroy objects at an acceptable level.A grenade launcher? This is rather an early version of the mortar, no more.It is good because it shoots with a canopy, allowing you to attack enemies behind obstacles, but not break them.It is not necessary to compare it with rocket launchers,these are different types of weapons.2-Add thermobaric,tritanium and plasma rockets for RPG to the game. A tritanium rocket will have an even greater armor penetration than an anti-tank one,but the explosion radius will be extremely small(1 cell),a thermobaric rocket is incendiary, but the fire damage is significant,I will not talk about a plasma rocket,we all already know what plasma is and how it hurts.This will allow you to update it at all stages of the game.The player will have a choice-a light mobile rocket launcher with medium damage or a heavy launcher with colossal destructive power and the ability to shoot guided missiles,but it is heavy and slow.I think this will add a choice for the player in tactical terms, and when a player has a choice,it is extremely good.