aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1951708 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.4: Signs of Apocalypse
« Reply #3705 on: July 16, 2020, 10:07:45 pm »
Solarius, can the the neon-bow, crossblaster etc. only be recovered during a certain encounter or they carried by other units/spawned anywhere else? From what I can tell they don't appear anywhere else. Do you have any plans to crop up on other missions?

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: July 17, 2020, 12:10:54 am »
I noticed in Dr. Hadriex's interrogation that he was something called an Augur. What's that? Something to do with the ghost arc?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3707 on: July 24, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »
Hello and sorry for not showing up for two weeks, summer holidays happened.

Sometimes, when I send a transport to a mission, two alien probes attack it. At the same time, they arise suddenly and directly in transport. Is this a scripted attack? You can usually track when a UFO is intercepted.

Not sure what you mean. What's an "alien probe"? What does it mean that "they arise suddenly"? But I don't think I've scripted anything related to air combat like this.

Solarius, can the the neon-bow, crossblaster etc. only be recovered during a certain encounter or they carried by other units/spawned anywhere else? From what I can tell they don't appear anywhere else. Do you have any plans to crop up on other missions?

As of now. these two weapons can only be found at that one mission. Unless maybe I allowed Osiron to have them in storage, but I doubt it.

I noticed in Dr. Hadriex's interrogation that he was something called an Augur. What's that? Something to do with the ghost arc?

Yeah, it's not very fleshed out yet.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: July 24, 2020, 05:56:49 pm »
Not sure what you mean. What's an "alien probe"? What does it mean that "they arise suddenly"? But I don't think I've scripted anything related to air combat like this.
They probably mean small fighter.

Offline Protagonista

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: August 06, 2020, 08:13:33 am »
Hey everyone, Im new here and about to start on this mod. Xcom-files seens to be gigantic, what are the new mechanincs that I should know? Like, how do handcuffs work? What is Sanity?

A big thank you to the developers!

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: August 06, 2020, 10:40:31 am »
Sanity is the agent's tendency to flip out basically. In certain tense missions, sanity decreases each turn. Once it decreases enough your morale starts to go down, which in turn causes your agents to panic. I am not a master of its mechanics myself though.

Handcuffs are used so stunned enemies do not get up, but stronger enemies can break it, and you can't handcuff certain enemies like many monsters etc.

All these new mechanics are described in ufopedia though, check it out, there are a lot.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: August 06, 2020, 04:45:18 pm »
Mechanically, Handcuffs seems to be a medikit that increases stun damage. So an anti-stimulant. Enemies will still wake up eventually.

Alternatively hitting them with the taser once on the ground does a similar job, unless I miss something.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: August 06, 2020, 05:43:30 pm »
Mechanically, Handcuffs seems to be a medikit that increases stun damage. So an anti-stimulant. Enemies will still wake up eventually.

Alternatively hitting them with the taser once on the ground does a similar job, unless I miss something.
Handcuffs are script-based, they apply (or rather SET) the stun-leve every round.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: August 06, 2020, 09:49:21 pm »

Oh, that is probably why after arresting they sometimes go to overstun and die then. Makes sense.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: August 08, 2020, 12:08:27 pm »
Krautbernd was right, though.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: August 08, 2020, 01:04:38 pm »
Overstun should also be fixed in the newest version afaik, except for the first round that units are handcuffed. All subsequent script runs should correctly (re)set stun level so the unit takes no damage from overstun.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: August 10, 2020, 08:49:51 am »
Overstun should also be fixed in the newest version afaik, except for the first round that units are handcuffed. All subsequent script runs should correctly (re)set stun level so the unit takes no damage from overstun.

How do enemies break free?
Is it some calculation with strength?
Is there any point to putting two handcuffs on the same target?

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: August 11, 2020, 04:25:36 pm »

Can someone tell me why Dr. Hadriex is in the list of X-Com's Friends on The Council ? He was missing and is hostile towards X-Com upon discovery.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: August 11, 2020, 08:12:04 pm »

Can someone tell me why Dr. Hadriex is in the list of X-Com's Friends on The Council ? He was missing and is hostile towards X-Com upon discovery.

When a bunch of MiB or WH40k guardsmen lookalike's board a ship with a helicoter or some military dropship and start shooting everyone (including ghosts). Then i am pretty sure them being XCOM troops is the least likely explanation. They could be the actual Mib, Exalt, Syndicate or some SpecOps from NATO or PRC who all spell trouble for the murderous doctor.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: August 12, 2020, 12:12:07 pm »

He's probably family. Must be an exciting story.

When a bunch of MiB or WH40k guardsmen lookalike's board a ship with a helicoter or some military dropship and start shooting everyone (including ghosts). Then i am pretty sure them being XCOM troops is the least likely explanation. They could be the actual Mib, Exalt, Syndicate or some SpecOps from NATO or PRC who all spell trouble for the murderous doctor.

The experts are still arguing.