Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950523 times)

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.4: Signs of Apocalypse
« Reply #3600 on: May 27, 2020, 05:32:52 am »
One of my terror mission civs just picked up an LMG. I didn't know they could do that.

As of 6.5 they can, as of 6.5.1 it's configurable

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: May 27, 2020, 10:26:44 am »

As of 6.5 they can, as of 6.5.1 it's configurable

In 6.5 it is also configurable.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:46 pm »
Right,
In 6.5 it is also configurable.

In my head pick up weapons more actively is always on so I forgot  lol ???

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:10 pm »
I just did the Gertrude Ellison mission.
I guess it is expected to appear before the player has acces to Power Suits. They are impervious to her unarmed hits. (She did picked up a handgun from a bodyguard she put to sleep. Not that it was any help to her.)
The only difficulty was with the combination of wanting her alive and being stingy on stun bombs. Luckily, I had one agent trained enough in melee to hit her with a Stun Rod. Otherwise, I would have had to use the Small Launchers.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: May 28, 2020, 04:35:09 pm »
Solarius, could you please clarify as to how handcuffs are implemented? I'd had a look at both the original script (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8152.0.html?PHPSESSID=o0r0o7d0k8slvtdrc9mo4srek8) and the scripts_XCOMFILES.rul, and as far as I can tell they are at least somewhat diffrent, for example the chance for handcuffed units to break is not identical (despite you stating otherwise).

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: May 28, 2020, 05:04:43 pm »
Solarius, could you please clarify as to how handcuffs are implemented? I'd had a look at both the original script (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8152.0.html?PHPSESSID=o0r0o7d0k8slvtdrc9mo4srek8) and the scripts_XCOMFILES.rul, and as far as I can tell they are at least somewhat diffrent, for example the chance for handcuffed units to break is not identical (despite you stating otherwise).

Everything is under my control))
The XCF uses the latestest version of the script. When I complete all tests, I'll update this topic on forum.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:06:51 pm by Kozinsky »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: May 28, 2020, 05:40:28 pm »
That still doesn't answer my question. How is the chance of a unit breaking free calculated? As far as I can tell the script now substracts the handcuff level (which is the sum of the applied handcuff strength) from the unit strength. If that value is greater than rand(100) the unit breaks free. Is that about correct?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:42:06 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: May 28, 2020, 05:56:22 pm »
That still doesn't answer my question. How is the chance of a unit breaking free calculated? As far as I can tell the script now substracts the handcuff level (which is the sum of the applied handcuff strength) from the unit strength. If that value is greater than rand(100) the unit breaks free. Is that about correct?

Yes, this is correct.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3608 on: May 28, 2020, 06:53:59 pm »
I just did the Gertrude Ellison mission.
I guess it is expected to appear before the player has acces to Power Suits. They are impervious to her unarmed hits. (She did picked up a handgun from a bodyguard she put to sleep. Not that it was any help to her.)
The only difficulty was with the combination of wanting her alive and being stingy on stun bombs. Luckily, I had one agent trained enough in melee to hit her with a Stun Rod. Otherwise, I would have had to use the Small Launchers.

I think yes, you got it unusually late. But still, it's not her fists which are supposed to be a problem on this mission. :)

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: May 28, 2020, 10:13:45 pm »
I just did the Lo Wei mission.

And by "did", I mean "I set everything on fire after being ambushed by invisible ninjas from all sides, shot the ninjas on fire, exploded one with a mine, set Lo Wei on fire, shot him to death and then retreated with his scroll because my two remaining agents had 1 hp and were also on fire."

This mod, man.

Ninjas can't catch you if THEY are on fire. Being on fire can't protect from ninjas, that's fake Ninja propaganda from Dr. McNinja.

So, uh... What I do with Lo Wei' Scroll of secrets? I can't research it. Need more research before I can?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:16:19 pm by Slaughter »

xcomfan

« Reply #3610 on: May 28, 2020, 10:33:20 pm »
@Solarius Scorch: why not Lo wang instead? Sny chance to rename?  :P Jokes asedi, whatever!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: May 29, 2020, 11:42:04 am »

And by "did", I mean "I set everything on fire after being ambushed by invisible ninjas from all sides, shot the ninjas on fire, exploded one with a mine, set Lo Wei on fire, shot him to death and then retreated with his scroll because my two remaining agents had 1 hp and were also on fire."

This mod, man.

Ninjas can't catch you if THEY are on fire. Being on fire can't protect from ninjas, that's fake Ninja propaganda from Dr. McNinja.

;D

So, uh... What I do with Lo Wei' Scroll of secrets? I can't research it. Need more research before I can?

It leads to secret stuff!

@Solarius Scorch: why not Lo wang instead? Sny chance to rename?  :P Jokes asedi, whatever!

These jokes stopped being funny around 1997.

Not to mention these two characters have zero in common, except they are both Chinese.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:51:13 am by Solarius Scorch »

xcomfan

« Reply #3612 on: May 29, 2020, 02:53:07 pm »
Not to mention these two characters have zero in common, except they are both Chinese.

I thought havin some reference to 90' games would have benn fun, for instance a dossier about Lo Wang would have been fun. Ir also to "Rise of the triad" see here:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:56:30 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: May 29, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »
I thought havin some reference to 90' games would have benn fun

No. Only funny references are fun.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: May 29, 2020, 03:23:14 pm »
No. Only funny references are fun.
Hey, some subtle old game references can be fun and I am pretty sure we have such already in the dossiers.

Anyway, I had some folks I recommended mod to ask me about things since they had issues with installation and the video linked is quite long, a bit outdated and doesn't explain certain basic issues they had, so I've made slightly more idiocy-proof version I offer for inclusion in the readme:

Code: [Select]
HOW DO I INSTALL THIS MOD?
- Get and unpack the latest OpenXCom Extended. You can download it from here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html
- From the original, latest/patched version of the "UFO - Enemy Unknown"/"X-COM: UFO Defense" game copy relevant data listed in the readme file in the UFO folder of installed OpenXCom Extended.
- Unpack the mod archive into "[main OpenXCom folder]\user\mods" - you may need to create those folders first if you start fresh.
- Run the game and enable the mod from the dropdown bar in the mod selection menu.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:37:08 pm by justaround »