aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950243 times)

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.4: Signs of Apocalypse
« Reply #3585 on: May 24, 2020, 08:31:12 pm »
Awesome, thanks. Merged.

How did you capture all these spaces at the end of lines? Most of these came from other people's contributions, so I couldn't even see them. They don't show up as errors in the validator or anything.

It probably was the IDE, it automatically searches for blank white space characters between the last non white space character and the line break sequence up to the next non white space character.

The validator just ignores those too...
I think you have to toggle that setting, though...

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 24, 2020, 08:34:48 pm »

Why is this shit in your every post?

It basically says "Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk", it is basically an automated signature.

I think you should look into disabling that, Slaughter. Or at least changing the message.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:47 pm »
Awesome, thanks. Merged.

Required OXCE version is specified in the metadata, the game shouldn't let you run the mod if your OXCE version is incorrect. The problem is that it only checks on mod enabling, so if it's already enabled, you don't get anything.

And why are you blaming me, like it was some mod issue? That's the iron rule for every OXC mod, for reasons you should well understand yourself (issues with weapons changing properties in the middle of a battle and such).

...what?

I don't get it. What did you lose?

Updating in the battlescape can led to problems, but doesn't have to.

Why is this shit in your every post?

Well, I didn't know that. Game did throw up a warning when I tried to load the save, but I did anyway.

Not blaming you, bro. Just saying info like "How to upgrade to newer version" might be nice to place in one of the fixed threads. I remember actually having to edit saves in the older versions, so I was kinda confused about the how-tos.

Actually, just a few days of progress from playing yesterday. Loot and stuff, one or two researched topics. Ain't a big deal actually.

I'm gonna backtrack anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Why is that in every post? I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you...

Actually its a message tapatalk leaves on if you post with it using your phone. I could deactivate, but it kind of became a minor meme on RPGcodex a few years ago because it irked some people when it was there. Like, irked them a lot lol.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk
I'm

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 25, 2020, 05:42:58 am »

Honestly, why does everyone know this tidbit? I don't think I know anyone IRL who would... -_-

I'm an American, man. Being worringly enthusiastic about firearms is a national pastime.

Also, uh... I play a lot of Tarkov.

In other news. I love the Clear Foliage function on the Kukri so much. A soft breaching tool that can fit on your belt, and provide almost guaranteed hits on low-evasion enemies like zombies? Sign me right the fuck up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:45:11 am by nicedayright »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 25, 2020, 10:34:52 am »
Not blaming you, bro. Just saying info like "How to upgrade to newer version" might be nice to place in one of the fixed threads. I remember actually having to edit saves in the older versions, so I was kinda confused about the how-tos.

Actually its a message tapatalk leaves on if you post with it using your phone. I could deactivate, but it kind of became a minor meme on RPGcodex a few years ago because it irked some people when it was there. Like, irked them a lot lol.

I'm

I believe Scorch doesn't like it and founds that auto-sig annoying, and hence why he asks why you don't remove it. Besides, there's an "I'm" here below that which you probably fucked up writing.

Also, there's a quick and dirty way to update OXCE before playing XFiles, if you're worried: Download Piratez! That mod usually includes the latest version of OXCE, which means you already have everything packed together. I do not recommend having Xcom Files and Piratez together though, IMO it can lead up to odd bugs sometimes, such as hearing Piratez' music in XCF.  :)

Nevertheless, it should be safe to have both.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 25, 2020, 10:42:19 am »
Also, there's a quick and dirty way to update OXCE before playing XFiles, if you're worried: Download Piratez! That mod usually includes the latest version of OXCE, which means you already have everything packed together.

Or you can just download the latest OXCE?!
Why the heck would you need to download a completely unrelated thing like PirateZ?
It's like buying a whole new car with a new GPS, ripping off the new GPS and installing it in your old car... and then throw the rest of the new car away. Makes no sense.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 25, 2020, 10:45:28 am »

I'm

And it irks us too. A LOT.
It irks me even more that you KNOW it irks people, you KNOW how to turn it off, and you don't do it. That's just being a complete asshole!

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 25, 2020, 11:15:29 am »
It's also a "nice" way for companies to advertise in places that don't natively use ads and to circumvent ad-blockers. You're essentailly ending your messages with "McDonalds - I'm lovin' it!". Please disable that crap.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3593 on: May 25, 2020, 01:21:39 pm »

Hmm, where would I put it though? I don't have a "how to upgrade" section... Should I make one? A genuine question.

Actually, just a few days of progress from playing yesterday. Loot and stuff, one or two researched topics. Ain't a big deal actually.

I'm gonna backtrack anyway, just to be on the safe side.

I honestly don't think you have to, but sure, always better to be on the safe side.

I'm an American, man. Being worringly enthusiastic about firearms is a national pastime.

Also, uh... I play a lot of Tarkov.

I will fix this soon, but couldn't do it before 1.4, as it would entail more trnaslations and the files were ready.

In other news. I love the Clear Foliage function on the Kukri so much. A soft breaching tool that can fit on your belt, and provide almost guaranteed hits on low-evasion enemies like zombies? Sign me right the fuck up.

I like it too; the problem is that it's technically a shooting weapon, and I can't give enemies two shooting weapons (like a kukri and a pistol), so its use (and similar weapons) is limited.

I can however give the AI a kukri and a dagger, if I wanted to. :P

Or you can just download the latest OXCE?!
Why the heck would you need to download a completely unrelated thing like PirateZ?
It's like buying a whole new car with a new GPS, ripping off the new GPS and installing it in your old car... and then throw the rest of the new car away. Makes no sense.

:D

It irks me even more that you KNOW it irks people, you KNOW how to turn it off, and you don't do it. That's just being a complete asshole!

I believe the precise terminology is "trolling faggots on openxcom.org". :P

xcomfan

« Reply #3594 on: May 25, 2020, 03:22:53 pm »
Still in 1.4a the small shotgun usess the handob of the police shotgun in xpiratez, i know thi is not a bug but why this mod it's like a gem has to have thase "spots" on it? Hope someday aproper handob would be implemented..

Edit: not really a bug, but when pre activating any item in the inventory before the mission game refers it as a "grenade", but i suppose it's kinda hardcoded thing.

Edit 2: he uzi is somewhat bigger, anyone might make a sprite or has a spare one, if it gonna be replaced/resized?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:45:03 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: May 25, 2020, 07:16:34 pm »

I like it too; the problem is that it's technically a shooting weapon, and I can't give enemies two shooting weapons (like a kukri and a pistol), so its use (and similar weapons) is limited.

I can however give the AI a kukri and a dagger, if I wanted to. :P

Can we have a tritanium kukri?

Just a teal hue version of the original kukri that has a stronger cutting damage level.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:30 pm »

Actually I'm not trying to irk you guys, but some other guys. Love ya guys, no homo.

Hmm, where would I put it though? I don't have a "how to upgrade" section... Should I make one? A genuine question.

I honestly don't think you have to, but sure, always better to be on the safe side.

I will fix this soon, but couldn't do it before 1.4, as it would entail more trnaslations and the files were ready.

I can however give the AI a kukri and a dagger, if I wanted to.

:D

I believe the precise terminology is "trolling faggots on openxcom.org".

Perhaps somewhere involving installing, or just in the download link thread?

Safe side is best side. Pretty sure I am not supposed to see Tritanium handcuffs this early.

Technically I'm trolling faggots somewhere else, shhhhhh.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3597 on: May 26, 2020, 02:25:42 pm »
Still in 1.4a the small shotgun usess the handob of the police shotgun in xpiratez, i know thi is not a bug but why this mod it's like a gem has to have thase "spots" on it? Hope someday aproper handob would be implemented..

Thanks. And I'll see what I can do about this.

Edit 2: he uzi is somewhat bigger, anyone might make a sprite or has a spare one, if it gonna be replaced/resized?

Maybe?

Can we have a tritanium kukri?

Just a teal hue version of the original kukri that has a stronger cutting damage level.

Yeah, we can. Added to the to-do list.

xcomfan

« Reply #3598 on: May 26, 2020, 04:31:56 pm »
Maybe?

navigatin' the forum, maybe there is already one here

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 27, 2020, 05:20:24 am »
One of my terror mission civs just picked up an LMG. I didn't know they could do that.