Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950594 times)

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.3: Sanity Check
« Reply #3495 on: April 26, 2020, 08:44:43 pm »
Scorch, I think you're wrong about tank armor. If a tank has no armor, how does it differ from a soldier with a grenade launcher? I'm not saying that it should become unkillable.But the tank should not be made of paper. You will object by saying that you will use it against people. But at the moment when the player gets the tank, the invasion begins. I have never managed to reach the tanks before 1999. At this point, all cults are affected, and only hybrids and aliens remain. Fight with a tank only with hybrids? It's not cool. And the aliens break his armor with a plasma rifle with 3 shots and destroy him. This is terrible. I have nothing against the fact that the tank is pierced with heavy plasma from 1 shot. This weapon humiliates the sectopods.But let the tank's frontal armor hold ordinary plasma. At least for a while. As it is, it is completely useless.

When a player creates their own sectopod, they don't need anything else. Fighters are only needed to clean up the ships. The robot will do the rest. A sectopod player gets after meeting with the People in Black. This is very early. The player has not yet fought with ethereals, but is already running with ultimatum killer robots.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:09:38 pm by INFERNO »

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 26, 2020, 08:57:08 pm »
Also, there is a suggestion. At the moment, there are 2 models in the tank branch. First comes the regular, then the hover. How do you look at adding an advanced version of a regular tank. It would have more armor than a hovertank. But he couldn't fly because of big weight. I don't think it will take much time to sprite. You just need to paint a regular tank in blue.(like a UFO). This would give the player a choice between survivability and mobility
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:59:15 pm by INFERNO »

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: April 26, 2020, 09:31:08 pm »
Also, please make more frequent terror attacks of aliens, as well as more noticeable fines for their admission. For my last pass (5 difficulty), you may not believe me, but I did not fight off any terror. I missed them all and it didn't affect my game in any way. It is enough to bring down a couple of resource collectors and the lost rating is recaptured. I just don't feel any penalties. In Piratez, however, skipping terror hurts your rating so much that you have to fly to it, and that's cool.

I can imagine the situation:
-Commander! The (name of the city) was attacked by aliens! They're killing civilians!
-I don't care about people, fighter! We'll shoot down a couple of ships, and the Council will be happy! We will say that we shot down 2 collectors and the Council will forget about 100-200 dead civilians!
-You are very clever, commander!
- Of course, why risk in battle, if you can not risk, and shoot down a few UFOs!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3498 on: April 27, 2020, 12:41:40 pm »
1) Tanks aren't made of paper. It is typical player bias. Making them stronger would ruin the balance.
2) The VSS has reaction-based bonus because it's a commando weapon. (I based it off Okim's ACM Mod for UFO: Aftershock, same with the Groza.) And low accuracy only applies to chumps.
3) "Add a special feature to the weapon-reducing the reaction of the enemy." Lol how?
4) Hovertanks being well armoured is kinda canon, I'm not willing to break it. But hovertanks are less accurate due to lack of proper footage.
5) More terror missions is an option, we'll see.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 27, 2020, 03:17:20 pm »
Scorch, now VSS is useless junk. It must be changed. I compared VSS and SVD. VSS can only be found in the most difficult missions of Red Dawn, SVD falls from the pioneers, and it is very easy to get it. SVD has a 0.2 accuracy damage bonus. At 100 accuracy, the damage will be equal to 50.What does it take to get the same damage from VSS? The desired characteristics of the unthinkable, just to get closer to these values.Also, SVD has a good initial accuracy, it is very convenient to use this weapon with nubasami. And here's the question-why do I need VSS in the game? It's a piece of useless junk. In fact, it should have slightly better characteristics than the Bo automatic sniper, except for the range. The Bo automatic sniper is superior to VSS in everything,and you can get it very early and very easily.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 27, 2020, 03:27:15 pm »
Besides the VSS, the g-11 is also a useless weapon.To use it effectively, you need to be the bravest person on the planet. There are 2 ways to get a high bravery value. 1-force soldiers to fall under the sectoid psi-panic. 2-to fly a plane. By this time, the G-11 is no longer needed. Or you should be lucky with the characteristics when hiring.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 27, 2020, 04:18:09 pm »
And here's the question-why do I need VSS in the game?

VSS is concealable weapon, that's the main feature. It is the only sniper rifle which could be taken to common undercover missions.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 27, 2020, 05:01:23 pm »
I don't know about you, but I only go on special operations at night.Shooting during the day is certain death. On operations, the enemy is superior to XCOM in weapons and armor, so there is only one thing to do-use the darkness. In this situation, a gun and throwing knives are 100 times more useful than VSS, which can easily miss. And in special operations, mistakes are not forgiven. 1 shot and the agent is dead. Therefore, you will use only those things that you are sure of and that will not let you down.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 27, 2020, 06:17:15 pm »
I don't know about you, but I only go on special operations at night.Shooting during the day is certain death. On operations, the enemy is superior to XCOM in weapons and armor, so there is only one thing to do-use the darkness. In this situation, a gun and throwing knives are 100 times more useful than VSS, which can easily miss. And in special operations, mistakes are not forgiven. 1 shot and the agent is dead. Therefore, you will use only those things that you are sure of and that will not let you down.

The question was not about tactics, but about usefulness of VSS. Some people do their work with knives and fire extinguishers. Is that mean the other weapons are useless junk? I think not. If you find something useless, some people could not share your opinion. :P Not to mention SVD and VSS are non-standart weapons and BlackOps' ones are more effective in the hands of trained snipers. Arasaka 3000 is more effective than SVD if you want some precision rifle to your non-trained squad.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 27, 2020, 11:37:46 pm »
Scorch, please tell me how long to wait for the 1.4 update? Will it be large, or will it add a little content? Also, I would like to know what's going on with the Lunar Reich? Are you working on it or is it just in the plans?

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:04 pm »
Tell me where to get MP-40 (messer) and MG-3?I met MG-3 in the game once, but I don't remember where. And I didn't find MP-40 at all, although there is one on the wiki.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 28, 2020, 12:33:25 pm »
Scorch, please tell me how long to wait for the 1.4 update? Will it be large, or will it add a little content?

Can't tell you the exact timeframe, it depends on a number of issues like unfinished features, serious bugs in the previous version, or state of translations. I usually release every 1 - 2 months. But you can use the GitHub version and get an update every day! :)
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/XComFiles/archive/master.zip - just replace the mod folder with this.

Also, I would like to know what's going on with the Lunar Reich? Are you working on it or is it just in the plans?

Yes, there are some plans, but not in the near future. I want to tackle Cult of Apocalypse, UAC and MiB next.

Tell me where to get MP-40 (messer) and MG-3?I met MG-3 in the game once, but I don't remember where. And I didn't find MP-40 at all, although there is one on the wiki.

I guess boxes are your best bet at the moment. These weapons aren't popular.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 28, 2020, 04:01:02 pm »
Scorch, you say you want to do UAC. Does this mean that BFG9000 will appear in the game? If so, this is great news!  :) Also, with regard to UAC. We will fight them, because they have opened a portal to hell. Will there be an event when XCOM launches military actions against UAC, after which UAC products will disappear from the store? It would be illogical if the UAC were to sell its weapons to the enemy.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 28, 2020, 10:32:13 pm »
3) "Add a special feature to the weapon-reducing the reaction of the enemy." Lol how?
There is script that calculate reaction-score, with this you can make that enemy will miss some reaction shoot opportunists.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 30, 2020, 08:02:02 pm »
Scorch, you say you want to do UAC. Does this mean that BFG9000 will appear in the game? If so, this is great news!  :)

.....maybeee... ;)

Also, with regard to UAC. We will fight them, because they have opened a portal to hell. Will there be an event when XCOM launches military actions against UAC, after which UAC products will disappear from the store? It would be illogical if the UAC were to sell its weapons to the enemy.

All this remains to be seen. I don't have a clear vision yet.