aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1987095 times)

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.3: Sanity Check
« Reply #3435 on: April 09, 2020, 10:16:18 pm »
Sorry for the awful text. I don't know English, so I use a translator. Apparently, he is not able to translate large texts well.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: April 09, 2020, 10:46:27 pm »
Sorry for the awful text. I don't know English, so I use a translator. Apparently, he is not able to translate large texts well.
it worked well enough, but the lack of linebreaks and paragraphs was making it unreadable.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: April 10, 2020, 12:10:52 am »
For the taser cannon, wouldn't it make sense to have better batteries (more charges/less weight), once better battery tech is available?

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: April 10, 2020, 12:38:50 am »
Maybe "Insane Vigilante Processing" should give something more than a mere kevlar vest? At that point (mid-late promotion I, XCOM: PAU) you've had kevlar vests for quite a while, and it's much more profitable to sell the homicidal madman (assuming you don't wanna research him) and buy a vest. Plus, homicidal madmen have way more armor than a kevlar vest

I think processing them should give an Armored Vest. This way they serve as a way to early get a hold of one or two of them, just like how a couple of early homicidal maniacs can serve as early kevlar vests, assuming you want to forgoe additional researchs (which can still be pretty useful).

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: April 10, 2020, 12:50:59 am »
Errr, I only got the homicidal/insane missions pre/very early promo 1

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: April 10, 2020, 01:43:59 am »
Hello again! It's been a while since I've posted anything here but I'm back again!

So I've updated to 1.2 and there was a problem with the red dawn durathread factory mission, there was no factory! I did two of them successfully and got no durathread manufacturing out of them, has this been fixed in 1.3? And how do I give myself a durathread manufacturing as the missions seem bugged?

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: April 10, 2020, 02:00:49 am »
it seems the research path was changed.
i got it. forgot where, but i got it, so technically everything is fine.

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:57 am »
Errr, I only got the homicidal/insane missions pre/very early promo 1

Eh, I'vevgotten a couple of maniacs early promotion I (second one came after I already had researched kevlar vests), and then the first madman came while researching summary report 2

Also, it just crossed my mind, but maybe "Insane Vigilante Processing" should be renamed to "Homicidal Madman Processing"?

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: April 10, 2020, 02:39:59 pm »
Just turn on the option show stats in inventory in the advanced options. It gives you firing accuracy and throwing accuracy. If you want other stats, they're only one click away...

It doesn't show any more. That's the problem.
I think the adding of sanity broke compatibility.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:42:01 pm by Thermite »

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: April 10, 2020, 02:41:27 pm »
It doesn't show any more. That's the problem.

It does to me - FIRING, THROW and MELEE, on the upper-rightish.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:43:00 pm by Mr. Mister »

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: April 10, 2020, 02:43:11 pm »
It does to me - FIRING, THROW and MELEE, on the upper-rightish.

Oh. That I have on, but statstrings is overall better, specially when I am getting ready for a mission.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: April 10, 2020, 02:58:28 pm »
so currently at a certain abduction mission.
Gotta say i like your taste in women  ;)
Strong legs though... they might be the reason none of my guys ever got a melee attack through. and got KO'd pretty easy...
Now gotta pack some ranged stun and try again D:

hey get´into XCF. ChloeLock!  :-*  8)

btw.that was me, i formatted a bit that text wall posted by russ."Inferno"

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: April 10, 2020, 07:40:55 pm »
What does the Dog's bark attack in its current state do exactly? "20 Special damage" is not very clear. And is it intended that it always costs 9 flat TU, instead of 9% of max TU?

EDIT: Also, I looked under the hood of the Homicidal stuff, and figured out there are three tiers:

-Homicidal Maniac.
-Homicidal Soldier.
-Homicidal Madman.

Maniac has Kevlar-esque armor, Madman has Armored Vest-like armor (though with significantly better frontal), and Soldier has an in-between. I'd be fine with only the Madman giving armored vests and keeping Kevlar as the reward for the soldier's, but the thought of the madman only having a kevlar is honestly ridiculous given how tough he is.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 07:57:13 pm by Mr. Mister »

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: April 10, 2020, 09:52:24 pm »
What's going on in this last update? Besides no manufacturing plant, I have yet not seen one safehouse building nor outpost building in said missions, nor are there containers and money briefcases in them (which were my bread and butter  :)). It is just like a street fight with them, not like raiding a base. I can't say I liked the way it is now, if it is indeed intended. I did not update to 1.3.2 though, I am playing 3.1.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: April 11, 2020, 08:35:36 am »
What does the Dog's bark attack in its current state do exactly? "20 Special damage" is not very clear.

Stun damage was removed in a recent update.
That means, that the bark only does TU damage now.

That's actually really useful. It works a lot like a budget flashbang, but unlike flashbang, TUs are deducted only during the current turn. Still very useful to take away the enemy's ability to reaction fire.
Also very useful to guard against melee enemies. Bark is a snap shot, so the dog can reaction bark during the enemy turn and drain their TUs, leaving them unable to get into attack range. Just place your dog in front of your formation with enough TUs to spare and hope, that the approaching enemy won't just walk around the dog.