Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950654 times)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.3: Sanity Check
« Reply #3420 on: April 06, 2020, 03:30:37 pm »
Possibly dumb question, but where how do I get my hands on a gauss Pistol/rifle/other gauss weapon? I don't really need it, since in my game I already have plasmas and turbolasers and even blaster weapons, but it annoys my inner completionist to not be able to get started on the mass driver and ultimately gauss weapon line.

Wait for the missions with reptoids (Shogg arc).

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 06, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »
@TheCurse
How did you manage to stretch your game to Dec 2019?
mid 1998. That guy is fine, turns out the coughing was just a bullet in his lungs, nothing serious.
At current rate i might reach that date though. not even promotion 3 yet.

Offline The Doer of Stuff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 06, 2020, 08:00:53 pm »

Ahh, my thanks. I've gotten a really late start on those in my current playthrough, as the first chance I got to go "Into the Dark" was when I captured a Cthonite Engineer on the third terror ship I shot down, in like April or May 1999. Mostly I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something important.

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 07, 2020, 03:06:46 am »
Vanilla strings wouldn't make much sense in XCF, as it's a different scale.

1.3.2 has been released.
- New weapon: Taser Cannon (by Finnik, sprites by Brain_322).
- New sprite for the Plasma Carbine (by Brain_322).
- Proper paperdoll for the Large Alien Drone (by Brain_322).
- Sentinel is now a transport (map by Dioxine).
- 4 new Dimension X Base buildings (by Wolverin).
- Made defensive drones inventory a bit friendlier.
- Fixed the letter э in small font (by Kato).
- Fixed Tritanium Shrapnel Rocket and Laser Cutter not being manufacturable.
- Fixed a crash on some ADVENT missions.
- Fixed potential disconnected sections in the Chtonite Base.
- Various terrain fixes.
- Other minor fixes.

But statstrings does allow you to make custom ones.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 07, 2020, 05:04:37 am »
I don't know of any mod that comes with its own statstrings. They probably should, as they help you get much more attached. But they don't, and it doesn't really make sense for someone else to make a thread for unofficial statstrings.

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: April 07, 2020, 02:50:57 pm »
I don't know of any mod that comes with its own statstrings. They probably should, as they help you get much more attached. But they don't, and it doesn't really make sense for someone else to make a thread for unofficial statstrings.

Doesn't 40k has it's own statstrings variant?
Also, I think the statstring mod got incompatible with XCF since new stats were added (i.e.: sanity).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3426 on: April 08, 2020, 07:48:30 pm »
Why the change of the Blaster Lasers to Turbolasers? Just to know, it doesn't sound as catchy as "Blaster Lasers". The only reason I can think about is to avoid confusion with the alien Blaster Launcher, but it is a minor nitpick.

Yes, people complained about the inconsistency, and I yielded because they actually had a point.

Also, now that doges finally have mechanized armor of sorts, will their cyber-armors allow them to go to space missions if they don't do that already? Are even more advanced power armor for doges considered at this point, or not yet?

Not yet, this armour isn't exactly environmentally sealed. Maybe some other armour in the future.

I see there are new popup missions for underwater battles.

Umm, no, no new underwater missions in 1.3.X... Or am I misunderstanding?

One request/question: To what extent it would be possible to include in the mission description whether it's a 7- 15- or more person underwater craft ?

We plan to overhaul this system in the long run (make real submarines and such), so I don't feel like improving the current model, as it's slated for demolition.

Is the Overwatcher perk bugged? I keep getting the bonus with soldiers who did not even reaction fire.

I checked, looks fine to me... If it's bugged, then it's beyond me.

Right, or try Osiron.

But statstrings does allow you to make custom ones.

Then feel free to do so :>
I won't do it, never used stat string,s never will as they look fugly and I can just check the stats myself like a decent human being.

:D

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 08, 2020, 11:27:33 pm »
So, my impressions of 1.3. Rubber bullets are cool. Now you don’t have to run to the farmer with a shotgun and get a shot of shots in the face. Hybrids really became much less. I am surprised that they appear only after the destruction of EXALT. And I destroyed it only in the middle of 2000. Gauss weapons - to make a rifle, you need to find a rifle. It's horrible. I found only heavy gauss in the boxes of Oziron. I thought that after the discovery of the gauss weapon I could do all kinds. If we are told with plasma that it is long and dangerous to develop our plasma, then what is the problem of Gaussian weapons? It is necessary to do as with a laser weapon, so that all types open. Unless, for example, having studied a gauss pistol, XCOM scientists cannot create other types of weapons based on this technology, with the same principle of operation? An urgent need to redo. Shog's missions. I deliberately timed it. After a step into the darkness, I waited 7 months, skipping all missions, only knocking down UFOs so as not to lose. The mission never appeared, there was only a mission to the Chtonite base, but an underground village is needed to advance the branch. After which I was tired of waiting and I closed the game. I was waiting for this mission as the most important thing in the game, really wanted to open a Gaussian rifle, although at that moment I had already opened an advanced laboratory, and there was only 1 step left to the plasma (2001). Need to redo. Missions. After reducing the missions of hybrids, the middle stage of the game was empty. The constant retaliatory strikes of the Syndicate, which can be easily prevented, are annoying. The feeling that they throw you in socks is not painful, but annoying. The mission to storm the Syndicate tower also disappeared. I missed it, almost all the fighters were in the hospital, after which this mission no longer fell out. At all. I would like to destroy the Syndicate, but the opportunity has disappeared. People in Black also disappeared. Absolutely. They appear only on missions with farmers, in the amount of 3-4 people. Bases do not build. (2001, there was not a single base). Tanks. Small rockets are cool. Very. There is only one wish. I really like the look of a regular tank, with tracks. I don't like the look of a hovertank. It looks like a cyberdisk with a tower. Is it possible to add ordinary tanks to the game, only from tritania, so that the armor is like hovertanks? Also, why will MAGMA not give XCOM the opportunity to buy its armored personnel carriers? They have a very beautiful sprite, I would like to play such a beautiful machine. Counter attack. The aliens became very sluggish (difficulty 5). If earlier the retaliatory strikes were continuous and fun, then now they appear very rarely, as a result of which XCOM completely controls the sky, knocking down everything that flies, without fear of storming the base in response. New cards are cool. I did not like only the map with the industrial zone, where there are green puddles. Too twisty. It is very difficult to find the remaining opponents. Infiltration. Returning to what I wrote above about the air, I note that by 2001 no country had left the Council. In 1.2, at this point I lost 8 countries. In 1.3, aliens very rarely send a battleship to infiltrate, making it very easy to prevent. At 1.2, 2-3 battleships flew out right away and you had to fight hard to save the country. It was really hard. Separate conversation about the improvement of soldiers. It's horrible. I opened the cyberimplant, looked at the installation requirements and realized that only experienced fighters would do. And now, having collected the necessary characteristics, I go to the gain menu, but the fighter is not there! I can’t strengthen it, although all the parameters are suitable and even exceed the required values. How it works? The same with ninjutsu, bio-amplification and pilot training. An urgent need to redo. That's all for now. Wrote what is most striking. Make Shog's missions more accessible so that they are easier to get and more likely to drop out. For all my games, I reached only the creation of the Viper. I'd like to meet reptilians. The end.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: April 09, 2020, 02:23:14 am »
So, my impressions of 1.3.
Tanks. Small rockets are cool. Very. There is only one wish. I really like the look of a regular tank, with tracks, like Merkava V (8), or Leopard-A8, or Abrams 3 ?. ?? I don't like the look of a hovertank. It looks like a cyberdisk with a tower. Is it possible to add ordinary tanks to the game, only from tritania, so that the armor is like hovertanks? Also, why will MAGMA not give XCOM the opportunity to buy its armored personnel carriers? They have a very beautiful sprite, I would like to play such a beautiful machine..

exactly this! !! d´accord

..and "ordinarly" (´regular´) MBTs like Armata 2, Abrams 3, Merkava V  ( 8 ), or Leopard-2A8, or Abrams M3 ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:01:53 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3429 on: April 09, 2020, 12:37:06 pm »
So, my impressions of 1.3.

Congrats on the least readable post I've seen on these forums over the past 6 years.

From what I gathered, you are complaining about Reptoid stuff not being available enough. This is true, I need to make a lot more content for it. Also the Gauss/Mass Driver branch doesn't work as well as I hoped. Oh well, I still need to redesign it in a sane way...

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 09, 2020, 04:34:42 pm »

So, my impressions of 1.3. :

- Rubber bullets are cool. Now you don’t have to run to the farmer with a shotgun and get a shot of shots in the face.
 - Hybrids really became much less. I am surprised that they appear only after the destruction of EXALT. And I destroyed it only in the middle of 2000.

- Gauss weapons
 - to make a rifle, you need to find a rifle. It's horrible. I found only heavy gauss in the boxes of Oziron. I thought that after the discovery of the gauss weapon I could do all kinds. If we are told with plasma that it is long and dangerous to develop our plasma, then what is the problem of Gaussian weapons? It is necessary to do as with a laser weapon, so that all types open. Unless, for example, having studied a gauss pistol, XCOM scientists cannot create other types of weapons based on this technology, with the same principle of operation? An urgent need to redo.

- Shog's missions. I deliberately timed it. After a step into the darkness, I waited 7 months, skipping all missions, only knocking down UFOs so as not to lose. The mission never appeared, there was only a mission to the Chtonite base, but an underground village is needed to advance the branch. After which I was tired of waiting and I closed the game. I was waiting for this mission as the most important thing in the game, really wanted to open a Gaussian rifle, although at that moment I had already opened an advanced laboratory, and there was only 1 step left to the plasma (2001). Need to redo.

- Missions.
After reducing the missions of hybrids, the middle stage of the game was empty. The constant retaliatory strikes of the Syndicate, which can be easily prevented, are annoying. The feeling that they throw you in socks is not painful, but annoying. The mission to storm the Syndicate tower also disappeared. I missed it, almost all the fighters were in the hospital, after which this mission no longer fell out. At all. I would like to destroy the Syndicate, but the opportunity has disappeared. People in Black also disappeared. Absolutely. They appear only on missions with farmers, in the amount of 3-4 people. Bases do not build. (2001, there was not a single base).

- Tanks.
Small rockets are cool. Very. There is only one wish. I really like the look of a regular tank, with tracks, just like ordinarly MBT, of "Modern Warfare (~~1980 ~ 2000 ~2020 ~~2050), alike Armata, Abrams M3, Leopard 2A8 (3A9), Merkava V ( 8 ), etc..)
    - I don't like the look of a hovertank. It looks like a cyberdisk with a tower. Is it possible to add ordinary tanks to the game, only from tritania, so that the armor is like hovertanks?
 - Also, why will MAGMA not give XCOM the opportunity to buy its armored personnel carriers? They have a very beautiful sprite, I would like to play such a beautiful machine.

- Counter attack. The aliens became very sluggish (difficulty 5). If earlier the retaliatory strikes were continuous and fun, then now they appear very rarely, as a result of which XCOM completely controls the sky, knocking down everything that flies, without fear of storming the base in response.

- New cards are cool. I did not like only the map with the industrial zone, where there are green puddles. Too twisty. It is very difficult to find the remaining opponents.

- Infiltration. Returning to what I wrote above about the air, I note that by 2001 no country had left the Council. In 1.2, at this point I lost 8 countries. In 1.3, aliens very rarely send a battleship to infiltrate, making it very easy to prevent. At 1.2, 2-3 battleships flew out right away and you had to fight hard to save the country. It was really hard.

- Separate conversation about the improvement of soldiers.
It's horrible. I opened the cyberimplant, looked at the installation requirements and realized that only experienced fighters would do. And now, having collected the necessary characteristics, I go to the gain menu, but the fighter is not there! I can’t strengthen it, although all the parameters are suitable and even exceed the required values. How it works? The same with ninjutsu, bio-amplification and pilot training. An urgent need to redo.

That's all for now. Wrote what is most striking. Make Shog's missions more accessible so that they are easier to get and more likely to drop out. For all my games, I reached only the creation of the Viper. I'd like to meet reptilians. The end.

..and welcome to forum! :D)

(yap, such a *WALL of text" :o ;P lůl
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:01:07 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 09, 2020, 05:57:17 pm »
so currently at a certain abduction mission.
Gotta say i like your taste in women  ;)
Strong legs though... they might be the reason none of my guys ever got a melee attack through. and got KO'd pretty easy...
Now gotta pack some ranged stun and try again D:

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 09, 2020, 08:43:19 pm »

Then feel free to do so :>
I won't do it, never used stat string,s never will as they look fugly and I can just check the stats myself like a decent human being.

:D

>_>
But there are so many soldiers and so much menu reading...

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 09, 2020, 09:25:56 pm »
>_>
But there are so many soldiers and so much menu reading...
Just turn on the option show stats in inventory in the advanced options. It gives you firing accuracy and throwing accuracy. If you want other stats, they're only one click away...

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 09, 2020, 10:03:59 pm »
I just assaulted a Durathread factory, if I remember correctly I should find an equipment that would enable us to manufacture durathread but it wasn't among the loot. Is this a bug, changed in the update (possibly not), or do I remember wrong? I could have not destroyed it because all the battle took place outside.

Jeez, I am asking a lot of questions these days.