aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949760 times)

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3285 on: February 26, 2020, 10:25:57 pm »
Hello. The idea of a Black Sun is very interesting. I understand that they will be opponents, but will it be possible to get their armor? I really like the appearance of a soldier of this faction. After all, People in Black can be stripped of their armor. I would like to have this opportunity.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 27, 2020, 11:44:47 am »
Hello! When is the new version of my favorite mod expected?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3287 on: February 29, 2020, 01:10:58 pm »
Hello. The idea of a Black Sun is very interesting. I understand that they will be opponents, but will it be possible to get their armor? I really like the appearance of a soldier of this faction. After all, People in Black can be stripped of their armor. I would like to have this opportunity.

OK, I'll think about that if Black Sun becomes more popular. (Of course they have the best designs, as always. ;) )

Hello! When is the new version of my favorite mod expected?

Just use the GitHub version and you'll have a new release almost every day! ;)

Offline eXalted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 29, 2020, 07:14:53 pm »
Just use the GitHub version and you'll have a new release almost every day! ;)
Is it safe to do this mid-game?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: March 01, 2020, 06:19:35 pm »
Is it safe to do this mid-game?

Usually yes.

EDIT: Some interesting screenshots from the upcoming release!

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:32 pm »
Do you have any plans to add manned combat vehicles to the game so that it is controlled by a fighter and not an AI? An analog of the sectopod, only created by humans. Reassembling a sectopod is cool, but people can't come up with something of their own, based on alien technology, like it's done with interceptors? That would be very interesting. I would also like to see the appearance of tritanium tanks, because we can make armor and weapons from this material.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 10:14:06 pm by INFERNO »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 02, 2020, 11:36:16 am »
Do you mean powered armours? :)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: March 02, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »
Hell yes! Flamers for tanks! Are they of the "does actual damage besides 1-20 points over-time" variety, or the standard "big range, minimal damage every turn"? I don't remember if there was a way to tell if a flame-type weapon was capable of doing severe damage or not. Was it mentioned in the debug mode of the item in question?

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 02, 2020, 05:10:43 pm »
Hell yes! Flamers for tanks! Are they of the "does actual damage besides 1-20 points over-time" variety, or the standard "big range, minimal damage every turn"? I don't remember if there was a way to tell if a flame-type weapon was capable of doing severe damage or not. Was it mentioned in the debug mode of the item in question?
It is based on the RandomType variable.
RandomType   Defines how will be dice be rolled to determine damage based on power (primary damage calculation). Possible options:
0 = default vanilla behavior dependent on damageType
1 = 0-200% spread
2 = 50-150% spread
3 = flat damage equal to power
4 = random damage in range defined by fireDamageRange
5 = no damage
6 = 0-200% spread (2 dice roll), i.e. 0-100% + 0-100%
7 = 50-200% spread

If the RandomType is 4, the splash is weak (Like starting your turn in fire). If 5, it does nothing (I do not know what this is for. Script based weapons, perhaps?). If anything else, it is based on the weapon's power.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:12:21 pm by Mathel »

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: March 02, 2020, 08:01:30 pm »
No, I meant a combat robot, inside which a person sits and controls it(if this is possible to implement) . The robot has a built-in air cannon in one hand and a rocket launcher in the other. The size of a sectopod, 2x2. The robot is made of alien alloys, taking into account the research of the sectopod. It has more armor, a good guidance system, a good reaction(based on alien technology), but very poor mobility, for balance. And is far away in the research branch so that the player gets it in a late game. In fact, when we explore the latest interceptors, we can shoot down all the UFOs without problems, and this robot would give the opportunity not to be afraid so much of enemy tanks and sectopods, the player would be more confident in their armored vehicles that they will not break from a single shot of a laser tank.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: March 03, 2020, 04:27:45 pm »
@ Solarius
As discussed, my current campaign for your review.

Offline otheiv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: March 07, 2020, 06:39:17 pm »
Enforcer: This humanoid chassis for AI units
By this principle, it is possible to make armor similar to JARHEAD_MASHINOBI for missions undercover. Or even produce from SYNTHMUSCLES. Having technology of neural interfaces and technology of disguise of the Advent.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:52 am »
On random events:
Its 7th jan 97 and I´ve already lost 166 score to 2 random events.
Is that just *really* bad luck or is that supposed to be a normal frequency?

EDIT: oh the day was not even over. another -100 before midnight... srsly? How am i supposed to keep up with that in terms of score?
Or did i accidentally download the version that was "specially crafted" for hobbes... >_>

EDIT 2: aaaand another -83 still in til 27th jan. All missions yet went perfect, but no way i can keep up with those losses...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:01:01 am by TheCurse »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: March 08, 2020, 10:24:47 am »
Or did i accidentally download the version that was "specially crafted" for hobbes... >_>

;D ;D ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: March 08, 2020, 01:31:13 pm »
No, I meant a combat robot, inside which a person sits and controls it(if this is possible to implement) . The robot has a built-in air cannon in one hand and a rocket launcher in the other. The size of a sectopod, 2x2. The robot is made of alien alloys, taking into account the research of the sectopod. It has more armor, a good guidance system, a good reaction(based on alien technology), but very poor mobility, for balance. And is far away in the research branch so that the player gets it in a late game. In fact, when we explore the latest interceptors, we can shoot down all the UFOs without problems, and this robot would give the opportunity not to be afraid so much of enemy tanks and sectopods, the player would be more confident in their armored vehicles that they will not break from a single shot of a laser tank.

Yeah, it's possible - it's just a 2x2 armour. If I ever have appropriate sprites, I can add something like it. For now, it's a domain of AIs.

@ Solarius
As discussed, my current campaign for your review.

Thanks. Now what was that I wanted to investigate...? :-\

On random events:
Its 7th jan 97 and I´ve already lost 166 score to 2 random events.
Is that just *really* bad luck or is that supposed to be a normal frequency?
(...)

Sounds like really bad luck... As in, never seen bad luck :)