aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949776 times)

misterx

Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3255 on: February 05, 2020, 05:02:53 pm »
Well, the final version might be princes of the universe:-*

Jokes aside, may you appreciate to add a Sa vz 23 to the red dawn arsenal? Some more stuff for the countries of the Eastern Bloc. A sample is attached.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: February 05, 2020, 07:51:17 pm »
Why on Earth would I want to allow to wreck the entire balance? Do you think these values and formulas are random button mashing?
I agree!
I'm already having enough problems with your data so I'm not going to create more by modifying the firepower...  ;)  8)

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3257 on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:20 am »
Is there any good tactic against the grenades at Hybrid clinics? My soldiers are always wide apart and in cover but it seems like whenever they spot me they immediately toss a grenade which is near certain fatal. One of them even threw a grenade at one soldier just three tiles of him inside a room in the clinic. Kinda spammy to be honest. I can't find a way to complete them without 5-6 of my elites dead.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 06, 2020, 11:27:49 am »
to wreck the entire balance?

Sorry, but it changes the balance at some points (both to positive and negative for player and enemy). No wreckage there.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 06, 2020, 12:56:39 pm »
Is there any good tactic against the grenades at Hybrid clinics? My soldiers are always wide apart and in cover but it seems like whenever they spot me they immediately toss a grenade which is near certain fatal. One of them even threw a grenade at one soldier just three tiles of him inside a room in the clinic. Kinda spammy to be honest. I can't find a way to complete them without 5-6 of my elites dead.
always try to stay in cover. and just engage from high range, they can't throw that far.
Granted, you won't hit much from across half the map, but that just means you gotta shoot more  ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3260 on: February 06, 2020, 11:18:15 pm »
Sorry, but it changes the balance at some points (both to positive and negative for player and enemy). No wreckage there.

Sorry but you don't seem to understand... ;)

This goes way further than simple symmetry.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 07, 2020, 06:40:14 am »
Sorry but you don't seem to understand... ;)

This goes way further than simple symmetry.

Some weapon has its own damage model (grenades, plasma weps, staves, etc), which unchangeable by TFDT dmg model. Seems like the things that should be constant in the mod are made constant initially. ;)

..but ok, I'm not gonna start a discussion about it. You are the boss, it is your decision.  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 06:41:45 am by X-Man »

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 07, 2020, 11:16:46 am »
always try to stay in cover. and just engage from high range, they can't throw that far.
Granted, you won't hit much from across half the map, but that just means you gotta shoot more  ;)

I am okay with that :) I guess I assumed they would not throw a grenade to an alone soldier. Putting my soldiers back definitely helped. Also a tank helped, I sent it just forward and they concentrated on it as I used grenades and snipers from far away.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 07, 2020, 12:52:08 pm »
I am okay with that :) I guess I assumed they would not throw a grenade to an alone soldier. Putting my soldiers back definitely helped. Also a tank helped, I sent it just forward and they concentrated on it as I used grenades and snipers from far away.
Do you use heavy tritanium armor or cyber armor it should help too.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 07, 2020, 02:32:03 pm »
once you´re that far it doesn't matter much anymore, since they pretty much can't kill you anymore in that armor...
Until you have that, go for range. Sniper. Rocket launchers. Or miniguns... just level the whole map from afar ;)
(I´ve had great results with miniguns/scatter blaster in clinic missions. Aim at someone, remove half the walls of the clinic with it, removes cover for all others...)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 07, 2020, 04:47:48 pm »
Some weapon has its own damage model (grenades, plasma weps, staves, etc), which unchangeable by TFDT dmg model. Seems like the things that should be constant in the mod are made constant initially. ;)

..but ok, I'm not gonna start a discussion about it. You are the boss, it is your decision.  :)

Sorry if my post was kinda dry, I just can't explain it in a concise way. Many units are fine tuned for the samage model, and there are important reasons behind different damage rolls for various weapons.
Also, I find the TFTD model pretty yucky from the simulation point of view. Bullet injuries don't work like that on people.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 07, 2020, 04:52:59 pm »
On previous version I have found this bug
Just go through the door behind with the selected soldier it works without opening it
EDiT: sorry wrong topic
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 06:54:59 pm by betatester »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 08, 2020, 01:47:30 pm »
On previous version I have found this bug
Just go through the door behind with the selected soldier it works without opening it
EDiT: sorry wrong topic

You're right, but I can't explain this. When I generate a map and test this part, it works fine. All the files are also fine. Also, all these files are 3 to 5 years old.
I have no idea how you did this XD

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: February 09, 2020, 01:01:26 pm »

I have the tritanium armor on my elites but they are not that effective against plasma grenades or whatever they are throwing at me, haven't researched it yet. They sometimes protect but lots of the times it is a direct kill especially when the bomb is right beneath my feet. Don't know about cyber armor though.

Yeah I agree, minigun scatter help a lot!

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 09, 2020, 04:46:12 pm »
I have never paid attention to it, but according to game mechanics are enemies who have both hands full able to put one of their items in backpack and throw a grenade? Let's say one holds a laser pistol and a knife and have a grenade in pocket, can they use it? Because if not, one-handed guys would be the priority.