Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949683 times)

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3225 on: January 16, 2020, 05:34:13 pm »
Man that readiness factor. I was about to succesfully end a very difficult medium ufo that has touched down, with only 3-4 moderate to elite agents lost. Until my remaining squad start to flip out and the remaining two sectoids easily pick them out one by one, resulting in my whole craft with awesome latest technology that also cost loads of dollars being destroyed. Readiness makes the game a lot harder, especially since I can't bring just all of my elite soldiers because half of them have very low psi strength and sectoids easily control them so I have to bring rookies with low readiness. It seems I will eventually have to start yet AGAIN lol.

I advise everyone to erase the gyms from their games btw. Really makes the game a hardcore one, which makes it tons of more fun. I don't like them because rookies just become super soldiers without getting on to the field once, some even surpassing my elite experienced soldiers who have cheated death many times. Though I am only playing in veteran, maybe it will make the game impossible on harder levels.

Nice job, man!
I'm eagerly watching your MOD and waiting for completion when it reaches:
Shogg: 100%
Cult of Apocalypse: 100%
Men in Black: 100%
Black Sun: 100%
[classified]: 100%

If you have not started playing yet, I advise you to start to get used to the mechanics of the mod. There is already an incredible amount of content and most likely you will fully master the mechanics and gameplay at the time those are completed 100%. I have already got my ass kicked twice at the time of the invasion and will probably restart. Though of course it is up to your playing preferences in the end.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 16, 2020, 06:04:13 pm »
mercy:

Are you going to live forever?  ;)
I'm seriously considering posting jobs here for graphics artists to create all tiles to replace all content from Hobbes. Similar-purpose content - environment graphics - to be re-created in the same quality as Master Hobbes did it or possibly better, placed into maps with the new content fully functioning, just like it was before current hysterical situation.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3227 on: January 16, 2020, 07:43:01 pm »
Dear Solarius,

I've made an alternative ppsh handob sprite because the one in the mod i find too high; alternatively i resized the current one, also please i'd be ver veryhappy you would like to replace the sten i made here (along with other guns, please consider to add? with the one in the mod because the latter looks more like a sterling

The new one is in .gif format

I don't think it looks that better, it's kinda big. Also please use the right palette, it's pretty hard to do it afterwards.

Nice job, man!
I'm eagerly watching your MOD and waiting for completion when it reaches:
Shogg: 100%
Cult of Apocalypse: 100%
Men in Black: 100%
Black Sun: 100%
[classified]: 100%

I am working on that, of course :)

I'm seriously considering posting jobs here for graphics artists to create all tiles to replace all content from Hobbes. Similar-purpose content - environment graphics - to be re-created in the same quality as Master Hobbes did it or possibly better, placed into maps with the new content fully functioning, just like it was before current hysterical situation.

Good to hear, since we are already making progress on this front with Finnik. Soon we will publish the first release of a brand new urban terrain and we will be very happy if people contribute.

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 19, 2020, 05:25:22 am »
My game crashes when I am trying to start a ufo crash which was downed by an army of a country. Want me to send the save?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.1: Big Rain
« Reply #3229 on: January 19, 2020, 09:26:16 am »
yes

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 21, 2020, 05:09:48 pm »
Here you go.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 21, 2020, 05:30:11 pm »
Here you go.

Doesn't crash for me.

Can you attach a log file after the crash?

Offline the nomad

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 21, 2020, 07:20:34 pm »
Doesn't crash for me.

Can you attach a log file after the crash?

Interesting. It says savannaforest not found, it is like I don't have the map file but you do?

Here is the log file.

misterx

« Reply #3233 on: January 24, 2020, 10:28:18 am »
I don't think it looks that better, it's kinda big. Also please use the right palette, it's pretty hard to do it afterwards.

Here it is, hope you gonna like it, along a hoe, a fire hatchect,an MK3 grenade, an M72 Law along a colt M$, please let me know about the palette  ;)

Edit: added a Smith & Wesson model 10, as featured in the second season of the telefilm.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:13:24 pm by misterx »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 25, 2020, 01:00:35 pm »
Interesting. It says savannaforest not found, it is like I don't have the map file but you do?

Here is the log file.

This terrain indeed doesn't exist, but I don't know why the game is trying to use it.

I recommend skipping the mission and if it ever happens again, reinstalling the mod.

Here it is, hope you gonna like it (...)

Thanks, some are promising, other are simply too big.

Also like discussed before, in the future please don't paletize them - I prefer to do it myself rather than convert back to RGB and then to the proper palette... Unless you have the good palette already.

misterx

« Reply #3235 on: January 25, 2020, 04:23:38 pm »
Thanks, some are promising, other are simply too big.

Also like discussed before, in the future please don't paletize them - I prefer to do it myself rather than convert back to RGB and then to the proper palette... Unless you have the good palette already.

ok, just applied oxce palette, for detsils please PM me, othereise gonna post these in a "raw" format  ;)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 25, 2020, 06:48:44 pm »
I've been checking the github thread, and it seems the next release will make the mod a Master one. That's cool and makes it easier to use in one hand, but it will also break all compatibility it had with previous mods and those that affected the regular UFO game as well. Is there a way to make the mod back to a "non-Master" state to not to break the mods you're using for XCF? Ie: Recruitment Office, Smaller Rockets, Fire Blanket, etc.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 25, 2020, 07:05:49 pm »
Correct action is to change those custom XCF mods to require XCF as master (instead of xcom1).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 26, 2020, 11:12:05 am »
The move to master mod was because I couldn't find a clear way to prevent people from misusing xcom1 mods with XCF, which isn't compatible with them. So now a submod must be either defined to work with XCF (and not xcom1) or defined to work with any master mod (xcom1, xcom2, XCF, Piratez, etc.)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 26, 2020, 11:51:31 am »
The move to master mod was because I couldn't find a clear way to prevent people from misusing xcom1 mods with XCF, which isn't compatible with them. So now a submod must be either defined to work with XCF (and not xcom1) or defined to work with any master mod (xcom1, xcom2, XCF, Piratez, etc.)
Sorry, but are you also talking about extensions like these that are embedded in the "standard" folder :
- Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons
- UFOextender_Psionic_Line_Of_Fire

They won't work anymore either?  :-[