aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950279 times)

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3045 on: November 06, 2019, 07:00:01 am »
Congrats on V1!

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #3046 on: November 06, 2019, 07:39:04 am »
what is "readiness?

Offline Anon011

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 06, 2019, 08:32:50 am »
Congratulation on releasing 1.0, played this mod since 0.7 and its amazing how much it grew. Keep on being awesome Solarius.

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3048 on: November 06, 2019, 10:32:58 am »
Hooray, finally it happened! )
But still I really hope for further improvements, as the author of the mod promised.
Thank!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 06, 2019, 06:58:08 pm »
what is "readiness?

IIRC there was supposed to be an article explaining it, but it isn't, while it does so in Piratez. A mistake, I suppose.

Either way, it's basically fatigue. As it gets lower and lower, your units will regenerate less energy and TU until they cannot move at all. It is spent while fighting in a mission, especially by using PSI stuff, and it refreshes at the base by resting here, thus encouraging you to have more teams ready to rotate.

By the way, it seems one-use portable anti-tank launchers is not a thing in XCF yet, shame. Hopefully it is updated in soon, these things would make perfect sense to have at Prom. 3 or so.

Another thing: Is the Osiron "arc" finished by now? Is something else planned to do with them besides being random thugs with hi-tech with connections to a sinister organization?

I hoped to eventually have a way to dismantle these guys' base of operations as you do with the starter cults, but I dunno if it's possible by now.
Note that I'm talking from experience with previous releases where I didn't manage to finish the game yet, so perhaps this idea is already implemented.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: November 06, 2019, 07:14:00 pm »
Another thing: Is the Osiron "arc" finished by now? Is something else planned to do with them besides being random thugs with hi-tech with connections to a sinister organization?
I hoped to eventually have a way to dismantle these guys' base of operations as you do with the starter cults, but I dunno if it's possible by now.
Note that I'm talking from experience with previous releases where I didn't manage to finish the game yet, so perhaps this idea is already implemented.

Some arcs are better not to be closed that way. We need to have some easy missions like hybrids or Osiron in case of training noobies during all campaign. It was important in 0.x.x versions, but now in 1.0 it is vitally important.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 07, 2019, 10:55:52 am »
well there´s animals for that.
and I´m not sure if training times got reduced or its due commendations (probably the first), because suddenly kinda everybody finished training and i´m just sitting on ~100 fully trained noobies...

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 07, 2019, 11:20:09 am »
well there´s animals for that.

...and animals, yes. And anything you can find. You can even leave in action 3 of 4 cults. Should I continue?  ???

and I´m not sure if training times got reduced or its due commendations (probably the first), because suddenly kinda everybody finished training and i´m just sitting on ~100 fully trained noobies...

So try it by yourself and be sure. ;) 'Kinda everybody' will sit with shitty 70 accuracy, 50 reaction and 60 TUs. On a beginner difficulty it's toooooo much, yes. Cydonia will fall before 1999, he-he.

Offline DeltaEpsilon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 07, 2019, 06:54:30 pm »

Neither. Training rate didn't change, what changed was scorch reducing gym caps. Quite severely so. Besides a couple secondary stats like strength, gym now only trains up to hire caps, not beyond them as it was the case previously and which took the bulk of time.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 07, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »
omg
so now they´re totally gonna suck even when they´re fully trained?
...why?
is it even worth anymore having some gyms then?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #3055 on: November 07, 2019, 07:05:45 pm »
^^  couldnt´t be possible train them again beyond the stats´caps ?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:16:57 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Cynus_X

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 07, 2019, 08:00:36 pm »
Either way, it's basically fatigue. As it gets lower and lower, your units will regenerate less energy and TU until they cannot move at all. It is spent while fighting in a mission, especially by using PSI stuff, and it refreshes at the base by resting here, thus encouraging you to have more teams ready to rotate.

So, do your soldiers have enough readiness to finish a big mission like a Cult HQ assault on superhuman? Where you have to kill about a hundred enemies.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 07, 2019, 08:07:14 pm »
omg
so now they´re totally gonna suck even when they´re fully trained?
...why?
is it even worth anymore having some gyms then?

You need to push your soldiers to almost every mission for a few drops of experience and some commendations. The whole training is more difficult than it was at 0.9.9. Just try 1.0 by yourself, and you'll know....

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 07, 2019, 08:39:10 pm »
You need to push your soldiers to almost every mission for a few drops of experience and some commendations. The whole training is more difficult than it was at 0.9.9. Just try 1.0 by yourself, and you'll know....
currently at a campaign started in 0.99...
well that kinda sucks then. its sooo much effort to get proper replacements already...
like, why does it have to be so much work to get proper soldiers, when you can build UFOs and mechs and other stuff already?

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 07, 2019, 08:40:33 pm »
ehh..  all thats limitations..

and restriction,
rules (not only) in games are becoming more, and more ..strict (harsch)

for what?   
and for WHOm? ?

*deleted by mod*

i got such nerves already, from all of this, and such.. ://
:( :/(

What weed do you smoke, fella?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:29:05 am by SupSuper »