aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950814 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3030 on: November 03, 2019, 10:42:21 pm »
Btw. this is not needed. OXCE rerolls zero mana on save upgrade.

Thanks! I missed that feature.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 04, 2019, 02:22:23 am »
Once I finish my game of Piratez, I am going to try this again.
V1.0 is a big deal after all.

Same here.  It gets bloody confusing when you have two different mods on the go. :) It'll give me an excuse to start a whole new Xcomfiles game anyway.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:24:58 am by Jimboman »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 04, 2019, 06:10:11 am »
Neat, I should probably start wrapping up my current Piratez game (though that one has to go through another update first, man Dioxine is fast) so I can finally play this mod that I heard was "Piratez except it's safe to stream".

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: November 04, 2019, 12:53:31 pm »
Hell yes, the full version is finally released! 20.00 $ for the day 1 horse rat armor when?
A shame that it no longer includes OXCE, I liked the lazy way of using the one included by the mod. Would the ones still offered by Piratez still work, or do I have to manually install the full thing?

Worse, the Shogg arc is still not finished, but that one can wait. What cannot wait is that it seems you only added "basic" chainsaws, not improved ones like those from Piratez. Not groovy!  >:(

Now seriousy, I'll see if I can give this a try soon, I'm eager to see how much has it changed since I played this years ago.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: November 04, 2019, 04:44:10 pm »
Oh yeah rat armor needs to happen XD
Or alloy teeth.
Rat power armor  ;D
With mounted laser  ;D ;D
Perhaps flying would be a bit much though.
(There´s just been a study where they taught rats to drive small electric cars...)

I have 4 pet rats and they´re always scurrying around, very fast and very trainable animals...
And you do *NOT* want to get bit, if they´re serious about it.
Perfect for a fast ambush or just mass overwhelming your enemies  ;)
Could post some pictures for ufopedia entries or dossiers, but I´m really not good at downsampling image size and color palette to make it fit. :/
(Also thats why i kinda dislike the animal missions with rats. Weird enough the enemy dogs don't really bother me. I´m a monster...  :'( )

Maybe as attack animation jumping to half body height would be fitting, since they actually do that. Also its weird that you just got killed by a rat biting your shoe...

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: November 04, 2019, 05:37:55 pm »
One thing that will need to be updated are mods that were formerly compatible with XCF. For some reason the awesome Metal Gear Solid name generator no longer works, nor does the Recruitment Office staff. Or the Huey helicopter one.

Shame, especially the MGS one, which worked until now. Could this be related to not using the latest version of OXCE?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3036 on: November 04, 2019, 07:55:34 pm »
Neat, I should probably start wrapping up my current Piratez game (though that one has to go through another update first, man Dioxine is fast) so I can finally play this mod that I heard was "Piratez except it's safe to stream".

I think it's a bit too safe perhaps :P

Hell yes, the full version is finally released! 20.00 $ for the day 1 horse rat armor when?
A shame that it no longer includes OXCE, I liked the lazy way of using the one included by the mod. Would the ones still offered by Piratez still work, or do I have to manually install the full thing?

Depends :) The current one should, AFAIK it's 6.1.1.

Worse, the Shogg arc is still not finished, but that one can wait. What cannot wait is that it seems you only added "basic" chainsaws, not improved ones like those from Piratez. Not groovy!  >:(

Maybe if I find a good narrative.

Or alloy teeth.
Rat power armor  ;D
(There´s just been a study where they taught rats to drive small electric cars...)

I have 4 pet rats and they´re always scurrying around, very fast and very trainable animals...

I love X-Rats too!

Could post some pictures for ufopedia entries or dossiers, but I´m really not good at downsampling image size and color palette to make it fit. :/

If you have good pics, you can submit them raw, I don't mind doing the conversion when it's worth it.

(Also thats why i kinda dislike the animal missions with rats. Weird enough the enemy dogs don't really bother me. I´m a monster...  :'( )

You can think about these missions as animal relief: these rats are after all, sick. You can catch them alive, cure them, and enlist them!
:)

Maybe as attack animation jumping to half body height would be fitting, since they actually do that. Also its weird that you just got killed by a rat biting your shoe...

There are no melee animations in X-Com.
Honestly, it's like complaining that people can't get into prone position. :D

One thing that will need to be updated are mods that were formerly compatible with XCF. For some reason the awesome Metal Gear Solid name generator no longer works, nor does the Recruitment Office staff. Or the Huey helicopter one.

Shame, especially the MGS one, which worked until now. Could this be related to not using the latest version of OXCE?

I can't think of any reason these wouldn't work, though I don't use them myself, so who knows.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #3037 on: November 04, 2019, 08:25:07 pm »
Or alloy teeth.
Rat power armor  ;D

haha :D lôl

here you go! :

https://www.idnes.cz/technet/veda/potkani-krysy-mysi-ridi.A191023_153010_veda_mla

misterx

« Reply #3038 on: November 04, 2019, 09:40:41 pm »
Is the 1.00 final or some other relases are expected?

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: November 04, 2019, 11:09:04 pm »
Is the 1.00 final or some other relases are expected?
more stuff will come.

omg i just had first mission after commendations. it seems they´re all counted for retroactively...
so basically anyone on that mission got 7th to 10th award on "Lucky". lol...
commendations are awesome though  ;D

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3040 on: November 04, 2019, 11:44:04 pm »
i´m just catching such big green frog :D :p lôl

can,could she be stunned too ?   (i wouldn´t want to shoot, kill her yet)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: November 05, 2019, 02:29:01 pm »
yes they can be stunned. they seem to have much HP though.

You can think about these missions as animal relief: these rats are after all, sick. You can catch them alive, cure them, and enlist them!
:)
That does give me an idea...
How about to give an incentive to get the animals alive?
E.g. council scientists would want to have them as samples or such... (Which comes with a higher selling price and more score for stun than kill)
Of course civilian safety must be more important, so you´d still kill to save a civilian, but not if you could avoid it.
Like with the farmers on the crop circle missions...
Its a little more challenging this way.
Or rightout insane, if you´re trying to do that with chupas...  ;D

I see no reason to apply this to zombies though.  :P
(not sure if its practically possible to get horrors alive, without launchers...)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: November 05, 2019, 03:33:57 pm »
yes they can be stunned. they seem to have much HP though.
That does give me an idea...
How about to give an incentive to get the animals alive?
E.g. council scientists would want to have them as samples or such... (Which comes with a higher selling price and more score for stun than kill)
Of course civilian safety must be more important, so you´d still kill to save a civilian, but not if you could avoid it.
Like with the farmers on the crop circle missions...
Its a little more challenging this way.
Or rightout insane, if you´re trying to do that with chupas...  ;D

I see no reason to apply this to zombies though.  :P
(not sure if its practically possible to get horrors alive, without launchers...)

These monsters are hazardous mutants, not a pinky pony. Where do you think The Council will take it? To the school on the biology classes? :D

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: November 05, 2019, 04:17:39 pm »
These monsters are hazardous mutants, not a pinky pony. Where do you think The Council will take it? To the school on the biology classes? :D
Maybe they sell them to burger king, cheap source of meat... ;)
Well I´d want to research them and find out if they mutate more over time or get more dangerous...
Or what makes them mutate. Or why they occurred where they occurred...
Or Jeff Goldblum is on the council and makes a theme park for them. Nothing could go wrong there...  ;D

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 1.0: Judgement Day
« Reply #3044 on: November 05, 2019, 09:57:58 pm »
^^Michael Crighton would be surely quite excited, surprised, & very like´d with thats X-Com mods, such thriller´ish, and techno-dramatic!

..and Those "Catching Creatures" missions just remind me abit Witcher, (novel & game serie), too alike
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 10:03:22 pm by LytaRyta »