Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950550 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2835 on: September 18, 2019, 11:05:09 pm »
hi

it's fixed in 0.9.9e

Offline hum88

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 19, 2019, 04:58:34 pm »
hi

it's fixed in 0.9.9e

I am using the latest version and still have the same problem if im trying to take samael with me instead of killing him. I will try using different OXCE+ version or something.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 19, 2019, 05:26:05 pm »
I am using the latest version and still have the same problem if im trying to take samael with me instead of killing him. I will try using different OXCE+ version or something.

Your save file says that you are using 0.9.9d

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 19, 2019, 07:02:22 pm »
why has HWP minigun clip storage size 3? that seems awfully much for a simple ammo clip...

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 19, 2019, 08:39:06 pm »
why has HWP minigun clip storage size 3? that seems awfully much for a simple ammo clip...

Why not? It's a big bad minigun with clip capacity of 360 buullets after all ;)
More 'interesting' thing is that HWP's minigun has the same firepower as common minigun... And has no tritanium upgrade :(

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 20, 2019, 04:59:43 am »
well 3 is like half the size of the whole tank...
don't really wanna add another large storage, so not using them for now.

another thing thats really bothering me though, mid game research (25% so far). i got 50 scientists, nowhere near a better lab and researching advanced/alien stuff just takes forever.
i got like 10 engineers/leader/commander/navigators piled up plus like half a dozen ufo interior (incl battleship), but can't really progess atm.
current research topics take several months (5 topics a 10 scientists each), so current gameplay is just waiting for better stuff and doing like 2 ufos per month for non-negative score.
trying not to take on any more (including alien bases), since that only costs soldiers, but can't give me any better tech for at least a year when i researched what i already got...
thats kinda not that entertaining...

Offline Lohland

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 20, 2019, 05:16:19 am »
More 'interesting' thing is that HWP's minigun has the same firepower as common minigun... And has no tritanium upgrade :(
And no hovertank with a minigun

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 21, 2019, 02:45:54 pm »
How do progress through the Advent arc? I am aware that you have to get clinic files but as previously discussed it's a pain to get will this be changed and what then is next, some sort of Hybrid base?

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 21, 2019, 05:36:07 pm »
How do progress through the Advent arc? I am aware that you have to get clinic files but as previously discussed it's a pain to get will this be changed and what then is next, some sort of Hybrid base?

Base and opportunity to assault alien embassy (if you have it).

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 23, 2019, 03:40:19 pm »
Passing thoughts; I just turned the Black Lotus HQ inside out, and the low ceilings in the base corridors really made the basic grenade launcher nigh unusable; I couldn't shoot them more than about three tiles in any direction which is obviously A Problem when using any non-smoke rounds. Am I missing some kind of 'flat trajectory' fire mode, or is the basic GL just not suited for indoor use at all?

Wasn't really a huge problem as my "grenadiers" could run around being medics and grabbed guns off the fallen footmen, but it was still kind of annoying. (But not as annoying as the outrageously inconsistent corridor widths!)

Bonus "sucks to be you guys" and sprite bug screenshots;
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 03:44:22 pm by Arcalane »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 23, 2019, 07:50:54 pm »
Passing thoughts; I just turned the Black Lotus HQ inside out, and the low ceilings in the base corridors really made the basic grenade launcher nigh unusable; I couldn't shoot them more than about three tiles in any direction which is obviously A Problem when using any non-smoke rounds. Am I missing some kind of 'flat trajectory' fire mode, or is the basic GL just not suited for indoor use at all?

Wasn't really a huge problem as my "grenadiers" could run around being medics and grabbed guns off the fallen footmen, but it was still kind of annoying. (But not as annoying as the outrageously inconsistent corridor widths!)

Bonus "sucks to be you guys" and sprite bug screenshots;

It's a GL, not a RL ;) It HAS to shoot with arc trajectory because of ballistic law. You can knee and this will increase shooting range for a few tiles.

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 23, 2019, 10:15:18 pm »
Hey, I'm just starting out and am still have to use cars and vans for transportation, and my weapons are handguns, shotguns, and a couple Calico SMG's I took from cultists. How do I fight sectoids? It seems like they take my guys out in one shot as soon as I start. If I shoot them, it doesn't put them down and their reaction fire instantly burns through any cover and kills in 1 hit. If I try to move from the starting position, their reaction fire hits my guy and kills them in 1 hit.

In regular Xcom, you start with several guys and longer range weaponry. How am I supposed to fight them with 2 shotguns or 2 pistols? Do I just have to avoid them until I get explosives?

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 23, 2019, 10:39:04 pm »
Hey, I'm just starting out and am still have to use cars and vans for transportation, and my weapons are handguns, shotguns, and a couple Calico SMG's I took from cultists. How do I fight sectoids? It seems like they take my guys out in one shot as soon as I start. If I shoot them, it doesn't put them down and their reaction fire instantly burns through any cover and kills in 1 hit. If I try to move from the starting position, their reaction fire hits my guy and kills them in 1 hit.

In regular Xcom, you start with several guys and longer range weaponry. How am I supposed to fight them with 2 shotguns or 2 pistols? Do I just have to avoid them until I get explosives?
You aren't really meant to fight the aliens until you progress far more into the game, for now focus on cults and creature missions, make sure to capture high rank people from each cult. You will be able to get explosives freely later into the game.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 24, 2019, 12:00:24 am »
Yes, you´re not meant to.
If you really really wanna, its possible, but tough.
Try melee weapons...  ;D

Offline Arcalane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: September 24, 2019, 12:20:28 am »
It's a GL, not a RL ;) It HAS to shoot with arc trajectory because of ballistic law. You can knee and this will increase shooting range for a few tiles.

Even so, the ballistic arc shouldn't be that aggressive, surely. I probably could've thrown grenades more effectively than using the 46mm launcher, which is kind of daft, because it implies that if you aimed the thing horizontally and fired, the round wouldn't go more than a few feet/meters before hitting dirt.

'Just starting out', yet you're encountering aliens at... what month/year exactly? Sectoids have a psi-shield that absorbs a limited amount of damage per turn, so you need to focus them down with accurate fire from carbines or assault rifles at the very least.

Focus on the cults, as they're your main means of getting access to better equipment early on.