Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1932566 times)

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9d: Samael's Passage
« Reply #2610 on: August 03, 2019, 08:43:48 pm »
Unless something has changed in the latest versions, these are the requirements:
  - name: STR_ALIEN_ELECTRONICS
    requiresBaseFunc: [STDLAB]
    cost: 500
    needItem: true
    dependencies:
      - STR_ALIEN_POWER_SYSTEMS
      - STR_ADVANCED_AI
      - STR_ALIEN_ENGINEER_INTERROGATED
      - STR_LEADER_PLUS

Meaning you need the items itself as well as a standard lab, power systems and advanced ai in addition to the interrogations. Do you have all of these?
Yes I've interrogated both a leader and engineer and researched all of the required topics but it doesn't come up with the topic, I checked the tech viewer and all of these were highlighted as being researched

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 03, 2019, 08:45:25 pm »
Yes I've interrogated both a leader and engineer and researched all of the required topics but it doesn't come up with the topic, I checked the tech viewer and all of these were highlighted as being researched
Can you attach/upload the savegame in question?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:47:11 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 03, 2019, 08:59:46 pm »
Sure, here's the save and a screenshot of the research screen
EDIT: I think I don't have any alien electronics the item, where do i get those?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:01:23 pm by Thunderwing280 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 03, 2019, 09:05:31 pm »
I'd suggest you look at the requirements i posted. Or simply look at the tech tree screenshot.

EDIT: I think I don't have any alien electronics the item, where do i get those?
Indeed, that's what you're missing. You get them from certain enemies, from UFOs or from cult warehouses/ships iirc. Look at the rul-files if you want to spoil yourself.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:14:35 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 03, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
I'd suggest you look at the requirements i posted. Or simply look at the tech tree screenshot.
Indeed, that's what you're missing. You get them from certain enemies, from UFOs or from cult warehouses/ships iirc. Look at the rul-files if you want to spoil yourself.
Any specific UFO's? I've done a fair few UFO missions but I havn't come accross any of these.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 03, 2019, 09:40:49 pm »
Not the ufos themselves, but engineers (and leaders?) sometimes carry these. Sometimes. The only sure way is to disassemble certain enemies units. Again, if you want to spoil yourself you can search the rul-files for alien_electronics.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2616 on: August 04, 2019, 01:23:52 am »
BTW do you have any plans of reworking enemy deployments for the "into the dark"/cave missions? I always found it strange that "natural" underground species only appeared one at a time, especially as far as bats or spiders are concenred. Shouldn't they be kind of abundant, seeing how they aren't placed there by the syndicate but breed in the caves?

I'll have a look, thanks.
EDIT: Did some tweaks.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 04, 2019, 03:05:50 pm »
Nice.

Just noticed that the throwing costs (not the using cost) for the flashbang isn't in line with other grenades - it takes a flat 30 TUs to throw it, which is higher than other grenades (depending on your total TUs) - is this intended?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 04, 2019, 04:45:56 pm »
Nice.

Just noticed that the throwing costs (not the using cost) for the flashbang isn't in line with other grenades - it takes a flat 30 TUs to throw it, which is higher than other grenades (depending on your total TUs) - is this intended?

Yeah, though I can't remember the reason. :P

I said the next release would be 1.0, but there were some annoying bugs, so we decided to release 0.9.9e.
- Missions are now properly interrupted after they're no longer valid, even in the same month (Finnik's explanation here).
- A bit less monster hunts in general.
- Added extra alien research missions in early game (by Finnik).
- Damaging a UFO on base defense decreases the number of attackers.
- Defensive roboturrets are now player controlled.
- Cybermite now has tremorsense.
- Chryssalid is now a little stealthy.
- Alien Brain is now (practically) immune to psi.
- Gillman weapon debuff.
- Less Gillmen in Church of Dagon HQ.
- Special animation for plasma explosions.
- New visual effect on successful flashbang attack (by Finnik).
- New markers for the MiB base (by Finnik).
- New autopsy picture for the Tasoth (by Efrenespartano and Luke83).
- Tomb Guard now has green blood (by Dioxine).
- Restored vanilla Firestorm icons.
- Added some armor and attraction attributes to various items.
- Rebalanced Skulljack.
- Shogg Lantern is now buyable.
- Syndicate Warehouse made bigger to avoid a crash when using Osprey.
- Fixed a crash on capturing Samael alive.
- Fixed radar dish on Intelligence Center map.
- Fixed handob indexing.
- Minor fixes.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2619 on: August 04, 2019, 05:47:52 pm »
I wanted to give this new update a quick spin, but the mod selector in the options menu is gone. Is that a bug, or intentional? If the latter, how do I select X-Files and whatever mods I wish to play?

Offline thisnameismeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 04, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »
Did the option to automatically turn on night vision and turn off personal lights during night missions go away? I couldn't find it when upgrading to the newest version, but perhaps I messed up my install somehow? I always appreciated that option as it removed some of the tedium from night missions (particularly since I run all cult missions as night missions at the start of the game).
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 09:43:46 pm by thisnameismeta »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 04, 2019, 09:31:23 pm »
I wanted to give this new update a quick spin, but the mod selector in the options menu is gone. Is that a bug, or intentional? If the latter, how do I select X-Files and whatever mods I wish to play?

Do you have OXCE 5.6.1?

Did the option to automatically turn on night vision and turn off personal lights during night missions go away? I couldn't find it when upgrading to the newest version, but perhaps I messed up my install somehow? I always appreciated that option as it removed some of the tedium from night missions (particularly since I run all cult missions at night missions at the start of the game).

I honestly can't remember, but could be an OXCE change.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 04, 2019, 10:00:28 pm »

The "MODS" button is now on the main/start screen... not in Options anymore.

Did the option to automatically turn on night vision and turn off personal lights during night missions go away? I couldn't find it when upgrading to the newest version, but perhaps I messed up my install somehow? I always appreciated that option as it removed some of the tedium from night missions (particularly since I run all cult missions at night missions at the start of the game).

The option was removed quite long ago.
It is now activated automatically... but only during complete darkness (and I mean absolutely pitch black).
In partial darkness, you need to activate night vision manually (once per battle).

Offline thisnameismeta

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 04, 2019, 10:25:09 pm »
Yes, I just reviewed the relevant post talking about the change. Unfortunately, the conversion on the option you proposed doesn't replicate the full functionality of the original option. The nice thing about the original option was that it took out the work of preparing for night missions as they're done in Xcom Files - it not only turned on night vision but also turned off personal lights. That second bit is the most important part, honestly, as personal lights kill your agents in cultist assaults.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 05, 2019, 01:21:58 am »
- Cybermite now has tremorsense.
What is tremorsense?