aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950505 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9d: Samael's Passage
« Reply #2550 on: June 18, 2019, 02:02:40 pm »
Not sure if this is the right to ask, this is proably solely related to OXCE, but is it possible to restrict agent faces? There are some that i find very unfitting for a variety of reasons and i'd like to remove them from the pool. Can i simply delte them from the mod folder? Where/how are they defined?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 18, 2019, 02:26:51 pm »
Not sure if this is the right to ask, this is proably solely related to OXCE, but is it possible to restrict agent faces? There are some that i find very unfitting for a variety of reasons and i'd like to remove them from the pool. Can i simply delte them from the mod folder? Where/how are they defined?

Unfortunately no, there is no easy way to restrict agent faces.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2552 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:56 pm »
Please send feedback. I am not Blizzard, I can be reasoned with :)

Offline SpacePigs

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 20, 2019, 10:59:45 am »
I just want to say thank you for this amazing mod. On tuesday I lost a skymarshall (filled up with the best agents and best gear (cyber armor with UAC rifles) I could muster to take on a downed small ufo) to an alien fighter. It was the first time I encountered one and I was unable to flee from it. Afterwards I started a new anno 1800 campaign but here I am stunning gang members with my two man team today.
This run I'm selling all the plasma gear I get as it takes way to long to get to that research path, it's probably better to have the funds for new bases etc.

tldr: your mod is better than anno 1800 and I love anno, do you take donations?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:11:03 pm by SpacePigs »

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 20, 2019, 12:45:29 pm »
What is the E-115 damage type? I mean, it's elerium obviously, but I have never seen a weapon of any kind do that damage. Most elerium based weapons are either plasma guns or concussive explosives, do any weapons actually do pure elerium damage?

Actually, going by the way resistance and vulnerability to it are distributed, I cannot help but assume that it is meant to be a damage type done not by elirium, but to elirium, so elirium-infused/based/armored creatures are the only ones vulnerable to it (after it is implemented). Am I warm, Meridian Solarius?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:49:40 pm by Mr. Mister »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 20, 2019, 05:22:47 pm »
I just want to say thank you for this amazing mod. On tuesday I lost a skymarshall (filled up with the best agents and best gear (cyber armor with UAC rifles) I could muster to take on a downed small ufo) to an alien fighter. It was the first time I encountered one and I was unable to flee from it. Afterwards I started a new anno 1800 campaign but here I am stunning gang members with my two man team today.
This run I'm selling all the plasma gear I get as it takes way to long to get to that research path, it's probably better to have the funds for new bases etc.

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry about the shoot down, but at least you should get all your agents back (they normally jump out with parachutes, Air Force One-style, unless something goes terribly wrong for someone).

I never really played Anno, but have been planning to for quite some time. It looks pretty swell.

tldr: your mod is better than anno 1800 and I love anno, do you take donations?

Yeah, I have a Patreon site, thank you for asking: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2957095

Actually, going by the way resistance and vulnerability to it are distributed, I cannot help but assume that it is meant to be a damage type done not by elirium, but to elirium, so elirium-infused/based/armored creatures are the only ones vulnerable to it (after it is implemented). Am I warm, Meridian Solarius?

Yes, precisely!
It is basically a chemical agent which causes catastrophic overload of Elerium molecules. Which is commonly found in some aliens, such as Chryssalids or Zombies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:24:18 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 20, 2019, 07:11:53 pm »
You could rename it DeElerium, DElerium or Delerium damage both for clarity and for the pun.

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 21, 2019, 12:27:19 am »
Or anti-elerium. Or just have a ufopaedia page for it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 21, 2019, 07:50:54 pm »
Deleterium!
:V

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 25, 2019, 06:44:24 am »
How do I use the decrypted embassy key?  Do I just bring one with me when going to the embassy?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 27, 2019, 08:01:46 pm »
How do I use the decrypted embassy key?  Do I just bring one with me when going to the embassy?

Yes.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 28, 2019, 09:21:25 am »
Thank you.

By the way, what are the odds on the zombie infestation with infectors?  I missed catching one on the first two that appeared and I caught one on the third but that wasn't until I was already building my advanced laboratory.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 29, 2019, 11:15:34 am »
Thank you.

By the way, what are the odds on the zombie infestation with infectors?  I missed catching one on the first two that appeared and I caught one on the third but that wasn't until I was already building my advanced laboratory.

There are four subtypes of this mission (by terrain), 3% each to happen.

Offline _Brain322

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 30, 2019, 09:21:12 pm »
(I actually created account here, only for reply in this thread :D )

You did a very amazing job, I am really stunned by the work you have done. But I kind of hate UFO spam and +30 enemy missions in your mod, and btw is porting TftD maps was THAT necessary ? (in terms of maze-like levels.) and some missions feels like a chore sometimes. But I really like the variety of missions\instruments that you give to player. Progress ladder is mind blowing and you really feeling that you accomplish something, when you reserch smething. Keep it up !  :D

Also, do you want to implement Enforcers in your mod, in the future ? (from X-Com Enforcer) I thought it is good idea, but unfortunately as far as I know, the guy who made Enforcer Mod are not shows here, and never update his mod since.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 02, 2019, 01:02:53 pm »
Hi there! Thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the forums.

I can't comment on the UFO spam, as it's too vague. Could be a response to you shooting down UFOs; in vanilla they would try to raid your base (alien retaliation), but in XCF it was just tedious (base defence every month) and not that threatening, so I replaced it by a swarm of fighters trying to block your base for a while. This was actually requested by the community. ;)

I plan to add Enforcers, yes.