Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949522 times)

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.8: X-Cool
« Reply #2385 on: March 17, 2019, 09:32:47 pm »
Great to hear! I've been worried she was too easy, despite her attacks. Now it's better.

I definitely think it's difficult enough now with her laser(?) damage type, unlimited ammo and 100 kinetic shield that fully regenerates every turn.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.8: X-Cool
« Reply #2386 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:24 pm »
I tried to balance one myself. Please see attached, for peer review: the Gurkha Knife !

I want it to be a one handed weapon, but the chop animation (firing) for one handed stuff doesn't happen. I don't know much about scripts. Please see the ruleset for additional notes and comments.

That's one sexy knife. Alas in X-Files the thing glitches and the graphic becomes the body used for the Abomination enemy, funnily enough. The weapon itself works perfectly besides that.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: March 21, 2019, 01:12:32 am »
That's one sexy knife. Alas in X-Files the thing glitches and the graphic becomes the body used for the Abomination enemy, funnily enough. The weapon itself works perfectly besides that.

Thanks. That's possible because I had some trouble trying to get the proper sprites to show when the sprite offset range was acting. If Solarius accepts the add on, he can easily integrate the knife using the correct numbers from the main mod, and it should show fine.

Offline comradesean

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 23, 2019, 07:52:03 pm »
Does anyone have the mediafire link for OpenXcom_XFiles_0.1.zip or still have the file saved somewhere? Looking for it for historical purposes. Thanks!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2389 on: March 24, 2019, 01:16:37 pm »
Does anyone have the mediafire link for OpenXcom_XFiles_0.1.zip or still have the file saved somewhere? Looking for it for historical purposes. Thanks!

Here's 0.1.1, from May 2016: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z6w1en9ma1i7q9s/OpenXcom_XFiles_0.1.1.zip/file

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 24, 2019, 09:51:35 pm »
So, with the literal loot boxes, now you have an excuse to use engineers early.

Just to know though: Will we ever get portable forcefields and/or armor with integrated ones? Right now only Hybrids get them, which make them slightly better soldiers, especially for infiltration/limited gear missions.

Also, what will be the ideas for future additions to the list of soldiers you can take from? IIRC it was mentioned something about cyborgs. What about "regular" robots ala XCOM Enforcer?

Also also: What about "repurposing" soldiers killed in Power Suits to have a "brain in a jar" style cyborgs? IIRC there was a mod that kinda did something like that by having wrecked power suits able to be converted into exploration/combat bots of sorts.

Lastly, I don't know if I asked this before but: Will there be new additions to air combat?

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
League Apprehension
« Reply #2391 on: March 24, 2019, 10:30:39 pm »
Hi,

i'm about to pacify a mob of concerned citizens. It's my first League Apprehension Mission.
I've two helicopters (6/8 ppl) and a humvee. None is secretive enough for this mission.
What craft do i need? Can i cheat?

Thanks!

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: League Apprehension
« Reply #2392 on: March 24, 2019, 11:15:20 pm »
What craft do i need?
You need a van or a car/private car.
The concerned citizens need to be captured, otherwise you will get negative pionts like the crop circle missions when you shoot the farmers.
Only pistols and melee weapons are allowed I believe.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: League Apprehension
« Reply #2393 on: March 24, 2019, 11:50:13 pm »
You need a van or a car/private car.

ay this is unfortunate. i'll skip it, it not worth it to sell the humvee, buy the van, yadayda
thanks for the quick reply!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 25, 2019, 01:16:13 am »
So, with the literal loot boxes, now you have an excuse to use engineers early.

Yeah, I hope it works all right.

Just to know though: Will we ever get portable forcefields and/or armor with integrated ones? Right now only Hybrids get them, which make them slightly better soldiers, especially for infiltration/limited gear missions.

Maybe? I don't have such plans right now, but these things just kind of emerge when the moment is right.

Also, what will be the ideas for future additions to the list of soldiers you can take from? IIRC it was mentioned something about cyborgs. What about "regular" robots ala XCOM Enforcer?

It's sort of planned. I mean, I stole the sprite already. It's just not very exciting, and I don't have any very good ideas anyway. Would probably be related to Dr. Standard...

Also also: What about "repurposing" soldiers killed in Power Suits to have a "brain in a jar" style cyborgs? IIRC there was a mod that kinda did something like that by having wrecked power suits able to be converted into exploration/combat bots of sorts.

A dead agent would make a dead brain in a jar... But I have certain plans for agent specializations.

Lastly, I don't know if I asked this before but: Will there be new additions to air combat?

I still have a few aircraft components to add.

Hi,

i'm about to pacify a mob of concerned citizens. It's my first League Apprehension Mission.
I've two helicopters (6/8 ppl) and a humvee. None is secretive enough for this mission.
What craft do i need? Can i cheat?

Thanks!

On top of what Thunderwing said, the mission should give you a list.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 25, 2019, 10:47:58 am »
A dead agent would make a dead brain in a jar... But I have certain plans for agent specializations.

Not necessarily if the brain is recovered intact! Basically it was an excuse to recycle dead agents like Piratez does with Shades, but I suppose the cyborgs you have in mind are less extreme.

By the way, will there be different endgames besides blowing up the aliens' leadership? Piratez is planning to have several, but I dunno if your mod will have them, considering it's sorta an expansion to the original game.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 25, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »
No, I am not planning multiple endings right now. It's not that I don't have ideas, in fact I have many (and they were seriously considered), but I have way too much work with just one ending. At least for now.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 25, 2019, 05:21:59 pm »
the mission should give you a list.

nod really. i kinda knew i needed the van or sth, but i hoped for a bug or a new spy craft ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 25, 2019, 09:34:32 pm »
Works just fine for me, as evident from the picture.
Do you happen to have some ancient version maybe?

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: March 25, 2019, 09:51:03 pm »
Do you happen to have some ancient version maybe?

well true.
i upgraded from 0.9.8g2 to 0.9.8h1 and it works :)
thanks a lot!