aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950465 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2880 on: October 06, 2019, 06:11:03 pm »
Zones? In XCF? Where? How???

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: October 06, 2019, 08:47:12 pm »
also, why...? ^^

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: October 07, 2019, 07:48:12 am »
The idea about STALKER is not bad, but I don't think we need a pack of missions. To my mind, it would be better to do a single mission (like the mission with Altar of Black Lotus) in Pripyat with using bio suits only (hazardous terrotory, you know). Put the name of it 'Chernobyl anomaly'. A lot of hostile stalkers defend the Sphere, and we need to eliminate them. The main loot is Golden Sphere (costs 2.000.000$) and some lesser artifacts, useless ('junk' type), but expensive (10.000-50.000$), with description refers to original story (easter eggs, yes). What is the origin of this sphere? Well, this is another 'gift' of Golden Lady (if you want some refer to XCF).  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:20:43 am by X-Man »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: October 07, 2019, 11:53:03 pm »
I can do that. I'm not sure how it works in real life, though.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Disposable rocket launchers, or rifles using non-lethal ammo? IRL has examples of both. Moreover, Piratez has the former, so you could try copy-pasting if nothing else works.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 08, 2019, 11:40:19 am »
The idea about STALKER is not bad, but I don't think we need a pack of missions. To my mind, it would be better to do a single mission (like the mission with Altar of Black Lotus) in Pripyat with using bio suits only (hazardous terrotory, you know). Put the name of it 'Chernobyl anomaly'. A lot of hostile stalkers defend the Sphere, and we need to eliminate them. The main loot is Golden Sphere (costs 2.000.000$) and some lesser artifacts, useless ('junk' type), but expensive (10.000-50.000$), with description refers to original story (easter eggs, yes). What is the origin of this sphere? Well, this is another 'gift' of Golden Lady (if you want some refer to XCF).  :)

It's more about Roadside Picknic than S.T.A.L.K.E.R., story from the game would work better since whole Zone and its creation is a conspiracy, the main theme of X-Com Files.

Going trough Monolith Forces into Sacrophagus to uncover the secret of the Wish Granter. This could be a special other way to learn psy-thingies outside of Ethernals.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 08, 2019, 12:34:54 pm »
It's more about Roadside Picknic than S.T.A.L.K.E.R., story from the game would work better since whole Zone and its creation is a conspiracy, the main theme of X-Com Files.

Going trough Monolith Forces into Sacrophagus to uncover the secret of the Wish Granter. This could be a special other way to learn psy-thingies outside of Ethernals.

You are right, Mr. Shukhart :P
But is it really matter? We can take setting of any game/book/film and adopt it for current conspirative settings of XFC. Look at the MIB. Are they  look like defenders of the Earth from the original films? No! They are f@cking traitors! ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 08, 2019, 04:15:58 pm »

The idea is sound as an X-Com mission. The problem is with fitting something this big and obvious in a world which is supposed to be mundane on the surface, or at least explicable to the public without admitting to too much.
This will probably be shaken by Reptoids, who are less worried about such things, if I ever get around to doing this.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Disposable rocket launchers, or rifles using non-lethal ammo? IRL has examples of both. Moreover, Piratez has the former, so you could try copy-pasting if nothing else works.

I meant BB rounds for rifles. I know they exist, but not sure about the stats. Piratez only have shotgun ammo.

You are right, Mr. Shukhart :P
But is it really matter? We can take setting of any game/book/film and adopt it for current conspirative settings of XFC. Look at the MIB. Are they  look like defenders of the Earth from the original films? No! They are f@cking traitors! ;)

Depends for whom.
I think the MiB movies are still mostly defensible as XCF canon, at least their basic premise and characters. But they're from the perspective of the other side. ;)

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 08, 2019, 06:42:55 pm »
I think the MiB movies are still mostly defensible as XCF canon, at least their basic premise and characters. But they're from the perspective of the other side. ;)

They are trying to hide alien presence - that's the only similarity between original MIB and XCF's. The other aspects of their activity are opposite to ours. But who knows, how the wheel will turn it the future... ;)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2889 on: October 08, 2019, 06:51:03 pm »
^^  ""..SolariusScorch::..But they're from the perspective of the other side...""   --

-- not quite, not so ..much, - better spoken, the MiB are somewhat, somewhere in the middle, between.. ("our"  (ordinary) ´world´ /life, ..    and all others (*Outer Limits*)   lifes,  events, phenomenons.. etc..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 08, 2019, 06:59:37 pm »
Sure, not fully compatible, 1:1. But I like to think that they're people too, and that their idea of dealing with the aliens isn't objectively wrong.

That's the thing about this conflict: everyone thinks they hold the only acceptable position and their opponents are stupid.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 09, 2019, 07:07:15 pm »
I´m kinda stuck with cult of apoc...
got a pontif (actually all of them from that map), but research wise it got me nowhere.
now what? am i missing something?

also, UFOs screw me over big time (score wise).
its been said you´re not supposed to take them all on. can't intercept yet anyway.
but there are so many per month and they cost so much score each...
last month was -850 just from UFOs i could neither intercept nor assault landed. all missions where positive.
(not sure how much that embassy costs per month)
this month i´m forced to take on a battle ship with 8 guys in armored vests or i´m gonna loose... (if that still helps)
skymarshall still in construction...

EDIT:
to mention it, progression from skyraider to marshall is kinda weird. basically once you can research the first there´s everything you need to research the better versions, so no need to ever build the smaller ones.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:13:36 pm by TheCurse »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 09, 2019, 10:51:09 pm »
I´m kinda stuck with cult of apoc...
got a pontif (actually all of them from that map), but research wise it got me nowhere.
now what? am i missing something?

Nah, this arc is in WIP and there's no more content.

to mention it, progression from skyraider to marshall is kinda weird. basically once you can research the first there´s everything you need to research the better versions, so no need to ever build the smaller ones.

Yeah, I keep changing the balance, looking for the sweet spot. :)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 10, 2019, 01:30:49 am »
i see.
what about samael then? its in the research tree...

sure, balancing a mod this size takes some time... ^^

EDIT:
maybe the different crafts could be used in connection with that horrible "public car/..." stuff for e.g. beach/ski missions and such.
I´m not gonna keep a van around all game just for these missions.
But maybe skyraider could be kinda stealthy and be used for that. Or researchable upgrade. Something like that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:00:05 am by TheCurse »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:32 am »
Yeah, I keep changing the balance, looking for the sweet spot. :)

Nothing strange with progression of transport. Each craft has it's own parameters. Yeah, some of crafts are almost useless, but it should be so - that's the basic point of 'choice'.

The really question is why some crafts has opened front door? These f@cking enemy grenades inside the craft which destruct all the equipment... Arrrggghh!