Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1950285 times)

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2805 on: August 31, 2019, 07:24:50 pm »
Well, I don't know what to tell you - they should be spawning. Where you or the enemies using explosives? Was any terrain destroyed/blown up? Because that's the only thing i can think of. The logs spaw just fine for me  :P
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how, I did these with no damage to the building exept one explosion in the backrooms by panicking hybrids but even so I should have gotten the logs, is it possible to give myself one?
Also I can't get blackops tritanium rifle ammo even though I have all the other types, is this because I updated the game? I also have some of it from killing some hybrid but I can't research it, what do I do?

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 31, 2019, 07:41:45 pm »
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how, I did these with no damage to the building exept one explosion in the backrooms by panicking hybrids but even so I should have gotten the logs, is it possible to give myself one?

If you have hovers already (basic tanks could be easily destroyed), you can crush the wall of clinic and kill all habitants there to exclude factor of explosion.

Also I can't get blackops tritanium rifle ammo even though I have all the other types, is this because I updated the game? I also have some of it from killing some hybrid but I can't research it, what do I do?

Have you obtained Syndicate's diskette?

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: August 31, 2019, 11:58:18 pm »
Have you obtained Syndicate's diskette?
No, getting blackops alloy ammo isn't really important anyways since I got laser weapons just curious.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:56:29 am by Thunderwing280 »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 01, 2019, 06:23:50 am »
Just noticed on a concealed mission (slander) Dart Pistols were allowed, but not their ammo (Type A)...
Kinda useless.
figured it out finally.
had dart pistols but dart rifle ammo...
i´m an idiot  ;D

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 01, 2019, 09:20:34 am »
No, getting blackops alloy ammo isn't really important anyways since I got laser weapons just curious.

Yes, indeed. That's the main problem of BlackOps ammo - it is WORTHLESS, because of too late revealing of it. I don't understand what necessity driven Sol to make this ammo so difficult to use. In most of situations players reach lasers much earlier than BO tritanium ammo. I could understand this if BO TA has some powerful properties as higher armor piercing or additional damage to HP... The way of revealing BO TA should be alike M.A.G.M.A's one.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:48:04 pm by gwynbleidd2019 »

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 01, 2019, 07:26:18 pm »
Yeah I agree, but the only way I got lasers kinda early was with Advent using laser weapons and me looting it off them but that's fine IMO, I would've gottern them anyway when I got the improved lab I had all the prerequisites for producing my own.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 01, 2019, 09:11:18 pm »
I was also kind of unhappy with overall progression and especially the limited (or rather exclusive) manufacturing vs. buying options for tritanium ammo - why can x-com manufacture their own ammuniton for some weapons, but not others? Why can't we outsource things to BlackOps as well?

So I just added options for that to my XCF submod. This also ties in with my upgraded/alloy missiles, which can be produced as well as outsourced later on.

I can partially understand Solarius in doing things this way, apart from the fact that having manufacturing+buying options for the same items is kind of redundant. I mostly did this for fluff/immersion reason and because buying items is simply more convenient than having to manufacture+stockpile them.

If something like this bothers you too much - mod it. That's the great thing about OXC.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 01, 2019, 09:58:42 pm »
Yeah I can see what you mean, I guess it has someting to do with the company that makes the ammo for the gun to want to have this tech as well, like with MAGMA I doubt they would be very happy with the player making ammo for their guns and not giving them the blueprints, especially if the ammo is made just for that gun by that one company.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 01, 2019, 10:13:14 pm »
Yeah I can see what you mean, I guess it has someting to do with the company that makes the ammo for the gun to want to have this tech as well, like with MAGMA I doubt they would be very happy with the player making ammo for their guns and not giving them the blueprints, especially if the ammo is made just for that gun by that one company.
As far as I can tell that has never been the case for any gun/casing irl though, and would probably not be admissable (or practical) for safety reasons, among other things.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 02, 2019, 07:52:11 am »
So I just added options for that to my XCF submod. This also ties in with my upgraded/alloy missiles, which can be produced as well as outsourced later on.
If something like this bothers you too much - mod it. That's the great thing about OXC.

Sounds great! Can you share it with me, please?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 02, 2019, 04:48:48 pm »
Sounds great! Can you share it with me, please?
Keep in mind that the changes I made aren't necessarily balanced and might not be bug-free (I had to modify some stuff for the last patch, and there might be some pitfalls I've missed). The mod contains more changes than I've listed here (small changes to enemy armor, craft weapon, base facilities, research progression etc.). If you're exclusively interested in the tritanium ammo you're probably better off creating your own mod and just copy the necessary entires from the manufacture/items/research.rul over.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 02, 2019, 05:11:33 pm »
Another thing I've found wierd is the UAC corporation in general, compared to MAGMA and Blackops Industries that is little interaction with UAC apart from finding out it exists. Like MAGMA gives you missions to do and tech trades and Blackops has the stuff with the Syndicate, but UAC has none of this. And you can't even get things like the UAC rifle without finding it first which is a little wierd.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:23:14 am by Thunderwing280 »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 02, 2019, 05:52:10 pm »
Keep in mind that the changes I made aren't necessarily balanced and might not be bug-free (I had to modify some stuff for the last patch, and there might be some pitfalls I've missed). The mod contains more changes than I've listed here (small changes to enemy armor, craft weapon, base facilities, research progression etc.). If you're exclusively interested in the tritanium ammo you're probably better off creating your own mod and just copy the necessary entires from the manufacture/items/research.rul over.

A hundred of thanks to you!
Unfortunately, I don't know how to mod such things, so I'll try yours. Do I need to start a new game with your mod or I can continue my current game?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 02, 2019, 07:36:57 pm »
A hundred of thanks to you!
Unfortunately, I don't know how to mod such things, so I'll try yours. Do I need to start a new game with your mod or I can continue my current game?
for mods you can usually continue your current game, but keep in mind that changes to the research tree don't apply retroactively (i.e. research doesn't get re-locked), so you might come across some redundant research entries. Also I'd advise you to take a look at the ruleset reference and treat this as a learning experience. Modding OXC isn't overly complicated and most of the entries are well documented. Just take a look at the rul-files and try it. It's not like you can really 'break' anything as long as you use a fresh save.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 03, 2019, 06:58:27 am »
for mods you can usually continue your current game, but keep in mind that changes to the research tree don't apply retroactively (i.e. research doesn't get re-locked), so you might come across some redundant research entries. Also I'd advise you to take a look at the ruleset reference and treat this as a learning experience. Modding OXC isn't overly complicated and most of the entries are well documented. Just take a look at the rul-files and try it. It's not like you can really 'break' anything as long as you use a fresh save.

Thank you! I'll finish my current campaign (the final is not so far) and will use your mods. If Sol will not change the situation, of course  :)