aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1989660 times)

Offline Bobit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.9e2: Summertime Lovin'
« Reply #2790 on: August 30, 2019, 01:45:26 am »
I know they do but they can't be reduced to leaving the council by relations AFAIK, so it's not as big of a deal. In fairness I should have mentioned that.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 30, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »
I know they do but they can't be reduced to leaving the council by relations AFAIK, so it's not as big of a deal. In fairness I should have mentioned that.
True, but reducing funding to 0 would practically amount to them leaving - though I have never encountered that situation in the game, and I'm not sure it is even possible, given the randomized nature of alien missions. Countries leaving due to negative score would be an interesting mechanic.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 31, 2019, 12:37:49 am »
I'm having troube finding the Advent clinic logs, I've done about 5-10 missons but found none, how do I get them?

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 31, 2019, 12:41:37 am »
Just noticed on a concealed mission (slander) Dart Pistols were allowed, but not their ammo (Type A)...
Kinda useless.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 31, 2019, 01:50:29 am »
Just noticed on a concealed mission (slander) Dart Pistols were allowed, but not their ammo (Type A)...
Kinda useless.

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_STAKEOUT_GEAR
    allowedItemCategories:
      - STR_CONCEALABLE

- type: STR_DART_PISTOL
    categories: [STR_XCOM_TECH, STR_PISTOLS, STR_INCAPACITATE, STR_BEACH, STR_UNDERWATER, STR_CONCEALABLE]

- type: STR_DART_PISTOL_CLIP_A
    categories: [STR_XCOM_TECH, STR_PISTOLS, STR_INCAPACITATE, STR_CLIPS, STR_BEACH, STR_UNDERWATER, STR_CONCEALABLE]

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:57:51 am by krautbernd »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 31, 2019, 02:35:05 am »
ok that is very weird then.
i had 4 dart pistols and 12 clips loaded (and double checked once the van got back to be absolutely sure its not my mistake), but there was no clips on equip screen and the dart pistols were empty.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 31, 2019, 08:34:29 am »
I'm having troube finding the Advent clinic logs, I've done about 5-10 missons but found none, how do I get them?

I've found them after many and many clinic missions (don't know how much exactly)... It seems, scripts of ver. 0.9.9e work incorrectly. I've interrogated all types of hybrids, researched all techs, which depend from them, done all types of missions, but still hybrids' base haven't appeared. Same shit with Syndicate's missions: now it is July of 2000, and there were NO Syndicate's missions since early 1999.   
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:36:20 am by gwynbleidd2019 »

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 31, 2019, 08:42:41 am »
Guys, anybody knows how the option "save scumming" works? I just want to know is this option re-roll chances of spawn of any mission after each loading or not?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 31, 2019, 10:16:09 am »
Guys, anybody knows how the option "save scumming" works? I just want to know is this option re-roll chances of spawn of any mission after each loading or not?

It changes the RNG results.

If you reload before the spawn chances are calculated it will affect it; if you reload after it was calculated it won't affect it.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 31, 2019, 11:51:03 am »
It changes the RNG results.

If you reload before the spawn chances are calculated it will affect it; if you reload after it was calculated it won't affect it.

Got it, thanks.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 31, 2019, 02:41:39 pm »
I've found them after many and many clinic missions (don't know how much exactly)... It seems, scripts of ver. 0.9.9e work incorrectly. I've interrogated all types of hybrids, researched all techs, which depend from them, done all types of missions, but still hybrids' base haven't appeared. Same shit with Syndicate's missions: now it is July of 2000, and there were NO Syndicate's missions since early 1999.
Same with me, I've interrogated all of the Advent and Hybrid interrogation topics and yet for some reason I cannot find the logs which should be there, the most valuable thing to come out of the mission are the laser weapons that they use, for now I've reached a block on the Hybrid arc and It's fustrating, like how do I get the access key for the Advent embassies? There are no clear instructions on how to aquire these cards? I assume the logs are vital but alas I cannot find any for the life of me.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 31, 2019, 03:02:11 pm »
Same with me, I've interrogated all of the Advent and Hybrid interrogation topics and yet for some reason I cannot find the logs which should be there, the most valuable thing to come out of the mission are the laser weapons that they use, for now I've reached a block on the Hybrid arc and It's fustrating, like how do I get the access key for the Advent embassies? There are no clear instructions on how to aquire these cards? I assume the logs are vital but alas I cannot find any for the life of me.
There are two types of clinic missions: "Suspicious Clinic" and "Sinister Clinic". The logs only spawn on the "Suspicious Clinic" map. I don't know if this is an oversight - the logs should probably be recoverable from both clinic types.

Offline Thunderwing280

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 31, 2019, 03:14:09 pm »
There are two types of clinic missions: "Suspicious Clinic" and "Sinister Clinic". The logs only spawn on the "Suspicious Clinic" map. I don't know if this is an oversight - the logs should probably be recoverable from both clinic types.
I've done both types but not found any whatsoever. Yesterday I did two suspicious clinics and got no logs.

Offline Twinbornsoftemu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 31, 2019, 04:26:53 pm »
I cant seem to find my Heavy weapon platforms in the craft equip screen, which is how you put them on IIRC. I tried with with a completely empty craft and with both a skyranger and a skyraider which lets you use atleast one so thats not the issue. So do i need anything else like reserach or am i doing it wrong?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:45:40 am by Twinbornsoftemu »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 31, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »
I've done both types but not found any whatsoever. Yesterday I did two suspicious clinics and got no logs.

- type: STR_ADVENT_CLINIC
    size: STR_SMALL
    sprite: 4
    damageMax: 500
    speedMax: 500
    accel: 10
    power: 40
    range: 20
    score: 700
    reload: 32
    breakOffTime: 500
    battlescapeTerrainData:
      name: ADVENT_CLINIC
      mapDataSets:
        - BLANKS
        - ADVENT_GENERAL
        - ADVENT_FNITURE
        - ADVENT_SUPPLY
        - ADVENT_MEDICINE
        - ADVENT_SPECIAL
        - URBITS
      mapBlocks:
        - name: ADVENT_CLINIC01
          width: 20
          length: 20
          items:
            STR_ADVENT_CLINIC_LOGS:
              - [12, 13, 1]

Well, I don't know what to tell you - they should be spawning. Where you or the enemies using explosives? Was any terrain destroyed/blown up? Because that's the only thing i can think of. The logs spaw just fine for me  :P