aliens

Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949653 times)

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.8: X-Cool
« Reply #2295 on: January 18, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »
Can you be more specific?
What/where is laggy?
Maybe because in the main theme of OXCE there was no announcement of the update from January 15, 2019? Personally, I just found out that the download links have changed, but I haven’t found the update history for this version, although I reviewed the topic.
P.S. Since I play on Android, the exe that is attached to the mode has to be discarded, and OXCE is updated via apk.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »
Maybe because in the main theme of OXCE there was no announcement of the update from January 15, 2019? Personally, I just found out that the download links have changed, but I haven’t found the update history for this version, although I reviewed the topic.
P.S. Since I play on Android, the exe that is attached to the mode has to be discarded, and OXCE is updated via apk.

I fail to see what that has to do with my question.

I was asking if someone can tell me what in the new OXCE is laggy.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: January 18, 2019, 08:56:32 pm »
I was asking if someone can tell me what in the new OXCE is laggy.

I'm not sure if laggy is the right description, but I noted right away on the battlescape that units appear to move a bit slower (almost like smoother?). I fixed the "problem" by increasing the speed of the animation on the options menu.
I don't know if others have noted something else.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: January 18, 2019, 11:50:28 pm »
I'm not sure if laggy is the right description, but I noted right away on the battlescape that units appear to move a bit slower (almost like smoother?).
5.2_2019-01-16
I don't have that kind of problem!  :)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: January 19, 2019, 02:18:35 pm »
Can you be more specific?
What/where is laggy?

- the battlescape units, both mine and enemy, are moving with a significant lose in the speed. That doesn't fully cure with ajusting the speed via the sliders in the options menu.
- the HWP in the battle moves antsy with a little delay beforу each next square;
- the projectile speed is much slower for the same slider position in the options menu;
- the global pop-ups are emerging with 1 -1,5 sec animation, versus the 0,2 sec animation previously;
- in some maps with 50+ enemies there were little lags aleady. But now they are significant - all the same symptoms + 50-100% time consuming enemy turn.

I already had it mentioned regarding the X-Piratez issue. J5 was perfect in terms of processability, HWP's didn't affect the overall speed. J7 added the lags into the battlescape  regarding the HWP's in the battle and giant maps. In J9 I observed the same problems, so decided to avoid certain missions (Mystic Tower) and overall HWP's employment.

Note that I play on ultrabook, not the desktop, but still it has the SSD, nice processor and separate videocard.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: January 19, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »
- the global pop-ups are emerging with 1 -1,5 sec animation, versus the 0,2 sec animation previously;

Looks like you have turned on the slow-mode... hotkey F8.

Try pressing F8 a few times, if it helps... there are three modes: normal, slow (5x slower), super-slow (15x slower)... I guess you pressed F8 and changed to Slow.

PS: also please attach your options.cfg file, so we can see your settings
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:51:50 pm by Meridian »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: January 19, 2019, 02:56:12 pm »
Looks like you have turned on the slow-mode... hotkey F8.
PS: also please attach your options.cfg file, so we can see your settings

Attached

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.8: X-Cool
« Reply #2302 on: January 20, 2019, 04:54:26 pm »
Just a heads up: Openxcom_xfiles_0.9.8e.zip does not seem to have OpenXcomExPlus.exe inside while the X-Com_Files_readme.txt in the archive mentions it. One of those two things should likely be fixed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2303 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:28 pm »
Two more sprites.

Fantastic work, Nord.
I'm taking the Megaworm on the spot. I'd take the Muckstar too, but do you have a live version?

What if you could train robots in the empty hangar? Just the suggestion.  ???

You can't specify which soldier types can train.

Yes, they should just use 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc.

I fully agree. In fact, I'd like to go with dates, and probably will. But first I want to reach 1.0, which has very specific goals, designated years ago...

Just a heads up: Openxcom_xfiles_0.9.8e.zip does not seem to have OpenXcomExPlus.exe inside while the X-Com_Files_readme.txt in the archive mentions it. One of those two things should likely be fixed.

Ther's OpenXcomEx.exe, just like the previous releases. OXCE and OXCE+ were merged a long time ago.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: January 20, 2019, 11:38:43 pm »
Ther's OpenXcomEx.exe, just like the previous releases. OXCE and OXCE+ were merged a long time ago.
Yup, which is why I point out that OpenXcomExPlus.exe is still mentioned in readme and probably something should be corrected here.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: January 21, 2019, 12:39:48 am »
Yup, which is why I point out that OpenXcomExPlus.exe is still mentioned in readme and probably something should be corrected here.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: January 21, 2019, 06:38:23 am »
Fantastic work, Nord.
I'm taking the Megaworm on the spot. I'd take the Muckstar too, but do you have a live version?
Out of my pc now, but i've posted live and inventory pics some time ago. 8-10 pages up. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: January 21, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »
Out of my pc now, but i've posted live and inventory pics some time ago. 8-10 pages up. :)

Right, but I couldn't find it... Found it finally. :)
Thanks, I'll review and check.

Offline null-painter

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Flashbangs?
« Reply #2308 on: January 25, 2019, 04:44:24 am »
I was very excited to see the flashbang grenade, but I'm not sure I understand the usage. I saw the 40 stun and bought several, and was happy to see they are the "primeless" style, too - nice and easy to use!

But, I peppered some enemies (even "quad" enemies) with several without obvious effect. Then I looked in "stats for nerds":

0% armor effectiveness (whoa, really powerful)
0% radius effectiveness (hmm, not sure what this means )
10% stun damage multiplier (oh, so actually does 4 stun damage?)

I'm not sure I have the right interpretation of the stats, but at any rate I'm not sure how to use them effectively.

Thanks for all your awesome work!  :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: January 26, 2019, 10:58:00 pm »
Thanks, Null!
Flashbangs act on all units in range, they decrease Time Units and all accuracies for a whole turn.
Stats for Nerds are no good for this particular item, since it relies on scripts (which are invisible to the SfN).
As you correctly pointed out, armour does not inherently protect from this effect, but some armours have some degree of resistance to being blinded (also done via scripts, so invisible to the player); these are armours which provide some form of sensual protection, starting with a simple helmet (which gives you 10% chance to be unaffected). Also, some life forms are immune, as they don't have eyes nor ears (for example Celatids).

EDIT: Version 0.9.8f has been released.

- New Staff Input (by Mumble).
- New weapon: Shogg Stingrifle.
- Improved Muckstar and Megaworm pictures (by Nord).
- Added and improved some natural weapons graphics.
- Added better starting positions to Shogg villages and Mummy abodes.
- Reworked Cruise Liner loot.
- Overhauled mission scripts to increase the odds to get some rare but necessary missions.
- Moved the Geoscape palette to a separate mod.
- Most Shogg equipment can now be bought from the Scorpion King.
- Fixed Hovertank Rocket Launcher turret.
- Fixed recovery dividers for Aqua-Plastics and Terramite.
- Minor fixes.