aliens

Author Topic: [Aux] OCP mod (Update May, 6th)  (Read 8159 times)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Aux] OCP mod (Old Crew Project)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:00 pm »
I was thinking of adding an (unrepairable) late-game version of these units. They would have the same building-requirements that the default Auxiliary units have. Their stats would increase, but if neutralized they would lose their upgrade and revert back to their not-upgraded corpse. Or maybe even into the living not-upgraded unit (during tactical game)? Not sure yet.

They will not receive a flying ability, I do not want to make them clones of the Mercenary Commandos. I want something truly unique, any ideas or suggestions?
What I want to keep is the ability to equip them.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »
Maybe a armor shell like church beastmasters?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 03:24:49 pm »
Yes, something like that, good idea. Hmm, maybe a Loader Armour? Could need a Loader Armour to upgrade...
I have to take a closer look at the Beastmaster unit sprite.

Excellent Idea, legionof1.

I think I will give them some kind of energy shield/bubble, nothing fancy, just a small outline over the original graphics. The shield will somehow boost their stats and resistances. I am not sure how I can make that sound technically plausible, but that's a minor problem.

Just had a second idea: I will make them invisible/add a ghost armor. Their stats will not be changed, that way they stay balanced and they still have a use in the late-game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:53:25 pm by new_civilian »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 05:37:40 pm »
The update is nearly done, only needs a bit more testing and tweaking.
Sadly I can not add the shield/spawn part, as the spawned unit automatically spawns as an enemy unit.

So:
The Upgrade will make the old unit invisible, slightly improve the stats, but remove the revivability. I think that is fair enough, given the fact that the unit can be equipped.

here some teaser pics

I will upload the file later this day. hf and thanks!

Important info: the Stealth armor was originally made by tollworkout, I merely edited those files. All credits belong to tollworkout.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:40:53 pm by new_civilian »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »
Uploaded the mod and updated the first post. tollworkout's permission to use the Stealth Armor parts is still pending, btw, but I doubt that he/she has anything against me using the files, especially as i give full credits. Of course i will remove/replace them if i would not get the permission. That goes without saying.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Aux] OCP mod (Update May, 6th)
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 05:18:48 am »
nice! looks great :) and yes anyone can use any of my sprites for anything don't worry. you don't need to ask for permission :D

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Aux] OCP mod (Update May, 6th)
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 09:43:22 am »
Gee, many thanks, tollworkout!  8)