aliens

Author Topic: Mansion Mission Reports (Please Contribute)  (Read 47686 times)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mansion Mission Reports (Please Contribute)
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »
All of these reports are old.  How are mansion missions nowadays with the 32 turn time limit that didn't exist back then?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2017, 07:05:43 pm »
Well, i never reached this limit. All enemys starting to panic long before. Because of multiple colleague deaths, of course.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
Once I had figured out how to 'find' the trapped enemies in the towers and got rid of academy drones the threatening 32turns barely come in reach for me.
Taking around 12+ hands can do the trick if you have ways to heal your squad, sport decent reactions and have tools to melt walls.

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 04:38:26 am »
Is it just me or do enemies not panic at all on this map?

I just had a mission come up and decided to give it a try. 4 girls in thief suit. Stun batons, gauss pistols and grenades. 2 bottles of rum each. I didn't have a lot of infiltration gear in my base with the aircar so I made do with what I had. In retrospect I should have loaded up with stim and ayephones.

Had the church faction spawn with mostly poor gear. Pistols, shotguns, shovels, 1 or 2 plasma and laser weapons. I wanted to try stunning everyone.

It took me about 2.5 hours to complete. I had to make my way to the exits at around turn 28 because I couldn't find any enemies - it was annoying as hell. Running around in circles and checking rooms and running out of energy  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

There were 69 total enemies that spawned and I took out 54 of them but none of them panicked and I couldn't find anyone. I think whatever buff the enemies have to prevent them from panicking is way too high!

In the end I picked up 2 church reverends, 1 treasure chest, 2 occulus liberachi thingy books, a bunch of random stuff like govt papers and gems, and aborted the mission. The mission got a bit tedious and frustrating at the end, and as a smash and grab mission it doesn't really give a lot of value over other missions (like landed UFOs). I think it would help if bug hunt mode activated around turn 22? Because by that time most of your enemies are already stunned or dead and you're just trying to find the stragglers.

I might reload in geoscape and go back with a bigger and more well prepared team from my other base.

Overall I think the mission would be more interesting if there were less trashy low level mobs that don't really represent a threat, who are there just to pad out the level like cardboard, and more dangerous high quality "bosses" that you must hide from.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 06:13:55 am »
Stunning everyone?  Of course no one's panicking, everyone's still alive.  The best way to do this mission is to kill enemies until they start panicking, then take out the high ranking enemies that don't panic (like drones and priests).  It also helps to memorize the mapblocks because most enemies start in the kitchens, with a few usually high ranking ones in the magic towers (the only normal way into them is through the basement if the map spawns correctly; otherwise, you need a way to break walls) and those basement chambers that contain random items.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 06:23:23 am »
Yeah stuns don't inflict morale damage. Given the sheer amount of bodies in the average mansion mission killing most of them is the way to go.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 11:50:43 am »
While I like infiltration missions, I think a more unified approach would be more accessible. I would suggest to implement the same armor, weapons, equipment, and craft limitations to all infiltration missions.

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »
Hmm... I remembered enemies panicking over stunned allies in other maps (like temple raid). Maybe it was an older version? In that case I should have just killed them until I ran out of ammo - I already have all church members researched.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »
Hmm... I remembered enemies panicking over stunned allies in other maps (like temple raid).

No, you don't. :P

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2017, 06:16:33 pm »
With the frail foes in a temple raid i wouldn't be surprised if a few expired from overstun, which still causes morale depletion.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2017, 08:55:12 pm »
With the frail foes in a temple raid i wouldn't be surprised if a few expired from overstun, which still causes morale depletion.

Oh yeah... That could happen. But still, it would be from actual deaths, not merely being unconscious.