Author Topic: Can I remove the fist weapon from Mercenary Commando?  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Can I remove the fist weapon from Mercenary Commando?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 02:53:17 am »
I can do gfx.
What exactly is the "huge problem" that is being referred to ?

Yeah, i did see the sprite sheets. I can do very good 2d pixel art, but in reality its way too much of a time-investment for me to even consider doing it.

Haven't you just answered your own question better than anyone could? The problem is so huge no-one is even considering tackling it :P

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 09:44:01 am »
Yeah, but i asked the question and then answered it myself based on the reply i got :p

Considering there are spritesheets and one wouldnt Need to draw new sprites entirely, but just alter a few existing ones, i believe the effort wouldnt be thaaat big after all. After all, you would just take a female sprite sheet and make it appear a bit more bulky, i.e. add some Pixels to each Frame of the sprite.
However, ist still too much time for a rather "minor" Thing gameplay-wise.
However, creating only 2 to 3 new male sprites with inventory Icons wouldnt really be a "huge" Problem unless im missing a vital part of the effort. Creating 20 of them, sure, would be a big Job, but still if you have 2 or 3 done, every one after will just require minor alterations. Some new Color here, some new bulky mass there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 10:13:27 am »
Well, talk is cheap. Maybe it is so, maybe it isn't. No point in discussing how hard would it objectively be.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 10:23:09 am »
Battlesprites aren't that much of an issue, since in most cases you only need to alter the torso and head part - 8 tiny pics per armour.
Inventory and corpses, on the other hand...

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:04 am »
Inventory and corpses are EASY, Hands down. Im not just bloating, im serious.

If there was some Kind of incentive, i would do it, no questions asked. I know i can and i believe this mod is truly amazing all things considered.
However i dont see a very strong reason to get males into the game. Of course some male mercs would be interesting, after all the Mutant Alliance does sell you Advisors, why wouldnt they also sell true Mutant Mercs. But would it really be worth it ? I dont know tbh.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 04:28:08 pm »
If you're looking for some other incentive than the standard "nice to have for a bit of variety and because you can", then I agree there probably won't be any. That said, I'm sure many people would still appreciate it a lot, for what it's worth. I know I would. :)