Author Topic: [MAPS] 20x20 ALT/Farm +Map fixes +Terrain  (Read 17580 times)

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] 20x20 ALT/Farm +Map fixes +Terrain
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 09:01:11 pm »
For that we need help by Developers.

But the animals are for scenario decoration not for save them.
If there are will be enough ready to use units, I think it will not be abandoned and will be introduced without weirdness like civilians with sprites of animals.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »
without weirdness
Making the aliens ignore them is one thing, but then the only way to have them appear in logical places and not wander where they'll be nuisances is going to require a manual placement by the mapper (and the mapping tools and formats are barely able to handle the existing openxcom features)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 12:17:01 pm »
About the cows: Give them a value of 1 (instead of 20 or 30 like normal human civilians) and add a special "STOP THE CATTLE MUTILATION" mission on a farm terrain.

Back to Hobbes:

Look I made this with BombBloke's MCDADD, it combines my new fences with the original ones in one MCD. It is completely untested, though, I haven't used MCDADD before....

REMOVED CURSED FILE
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:41:35 pm by new_civilian »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »
About the cows: Give them a value of 1 (instead of 20 or 30 like normal human civilians) and add a special "STOP THE CATTLE MUTILATION" mission on a farm terrain.

Back to Hobbes:

Look I made this with BombBloke's MCDADD, it combines my new fences with the original ones in one MCD. It is completely untested, though, I haven't used MCDADD before....

You need to add them to BARN or just make a new MCD set, otherwise if you use that one to place the vanilla CULTIVAT tileset it will completely mess up the existing maps.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2016, 04:40:52 pm »
Oh man, that's it. I simply give up messing around with those mcd's. And with the farm terrain. I can not see any more farm maps or I gonna....  >:(

*explodes*  :D

Anyway. In the post above the untested mcd (*curses it*) the simple and only recolored one is available. Just forget the added/edited one. (*curses it again*)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 05:53:23 pm »
You need to add them to BARN or just make a new MCD set, otherwise if you use that one to place the vanilla CULTIVAT tileset it will completely mess up the existing maps.
Can you please check if I understand your meaning correctly ?
A map (-block?) relies on a ordered list of MCD files
example :
 1) uses A.MCD, 10 entries
 2) uses B.MCD, 15 entries
Then map will refer to individual tiles by index 0-24 : 0-9 are those of A.MCD, 10-24 are those of B.MCD
-> Adding a tile in A.MCD, even "at the end", breaks the map because indexes 10 starts referring to this new tile instead of "first tile of B.MCD", etc.
Adding tiles 'only in MCDs which are only used last' sounds flaky, so I guess a rule of thumb is to not add, insert, delete or renumber any tiles to a MCD after it's released publically, unless you're sure that you can adapt every map that uses it.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 06:07:11 pm »
Can you please check if I understand your meaning correctly ?
A map (-block?) relies on a ordered list of MCD files
example :
 1) uses A.MCD, 10 entries
 2) uses B.MCD, 15 entries
Then map will refer to individual tiles by index 0-24 : 0-9 are those of A.MCD, 10-24 are those of B.MCD
-> Adding a tile in A.MCD, even "at the end", breaks the map because indexes 10 starts referring to this new tile instead of "first tile of B.MCD", etc.
Adding tiles 'only in MCDs which are only used last' sounds flaky, so I guess a rule of thumb is to not add, insert, delete or renumber any tiles to a MCD after it's released publically, unless you're sure that you can adapt every map that uses it.

Yup, you got it :)