Author Topic: Why so Hard?  (Read 17259 times)

Offline DeltaEpsilon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Why so Hard?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 01:33:37 am »
It is also worth pointing out that aliens will also gain full knowledge of everyone in the map at/after Turn 10 [TEN!] if only 2 aliens are alive.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 07:36:32 am »
It is also worth pointing out that aliens will also gain full knowledge of everyone in the map at/after Turn 10 [TEN!] if only 2 aliens are alive.
He just has a full knowledge of everyone on the map (see attached file.) :D

I'm going to start doing so. I was avoiding smoke grenades for awhile and just attacking brute force - like yesterday.
Aliens can't shoot even if they known your position without visual contact. Except if you play psyHoTik's alien snipers experiment, but in cheat turns they anyway can't shoot without scouting and noticing you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:38:41 am by Xtendo-com »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 10:14:17 pm »
I've played a couple tactical games and to be honest, the first X-Com seems to be the easiest. TFTD is significantly harder, mostly due to anal design of maps and in general using every trick in the book to impair the player but not aliens.
The hardest? Silent Storm series, hands down.
Jagged Alliance 2 isn't a walk in the park either, but still not quite as bad on average.

Silent Storm is awesome! I always dreamed Xcom on Silent Storm engine. All the neat details the realistic physics.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
Silent Storm is awesome! I always dreamed Xcom on Silent Storm engine. All the neat details the realistic physics.

Oh damn yes.