Author Topic: Where to find save file in nightly build-git masters etc...  (Read 2979 times)

Offline MARAUDER

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Where to find save file in nightly build-git masters etc...
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:41:23 pm »
Hello so i just got into xcom and i just downloaded the nightly build and i cant find the save file, if  someone can give me steps of how to find it then i would appreciate that. :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Where to find save file in nightly build-git masters etc...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:58:54 pm »
It should be in the My Documents folder on your system drive. Which is certainly a part of some evil plan of Microsoft, because no sane and well-intended person would come up with an idea of keeping saves and settings on your system drive instead of the game.
Luckily our devs gave us tools to repel this assault. Inside your Openxcom folder you can create a folder named "user" and move everything there, the game will use it from now on instead of the original evil location.

Offline MARAUDER

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:11:40 pm »
Found it ,thank you very much.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »
Which is certainly a part of some evil plan of Microsoft, because no sane and well-intended person would come up with an idea of keeping saves and settings on your system drive instead of the game.
I think it's not an evil plan just a security model where user shouldn't have a right to write under the application folder. In windows even steam ignores that security model and after installation modifies access right of steam folder to full access for every users. Because that security introduce a lot of problems for home users and can be used properly only by advanced users anyway.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 01:11:34 pm »
I think it's not an evil plan just a security model where user shouldn't have a right to write under the application folder. In windows even steam ignores that security model and after installation modifies access right of steam folder to full access for every users. Because that security introduce a lot of problems for home users and can be used properly only by advanced users anyway.

Sounds like an evil plan to me. :P