Author Topic: questions about item stats  (Read 11315 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: questions about item stats
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 02:54:30 pm »
Would it be possible to make it so that a gal can only profit from the flag once a twice a turn?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
It's always heartwarming to know that there are at least some players who really use their heads instead of just whining :) Looks like I need the flag to inflict some energy drain on all the targets to avoid endless use.

Energy drain can be countered by grog use. I didn't gameplay test how game breaking multiple flags (or their upgrade) really are. I just looked at the numbers and thought it might be possible. Needs further testing I think.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »
Energy drain can be countered by grog use. I didn't gameplay test how game breaking multiple flags (or their upgrade) really are. I just looked at the numbers and thought it might be possible. Needs further testing I think.

Indeed but it will make the multi-flag combo much more complex. And using Grog costs TUs. We'll see, if all else fails, I will also add a tiny Health damage :) The point is to keep the combo worthwhile, while disallowing perpetuum mobile.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »
The best way to balance would be to limit the number of flags on a mission. There was a discussion about such a game mechanic concerning blaster launchers. I think it didn't get implemented so far. Maybe this could be done via the environment setting? Count the number of flags and convert all but one to something else.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »
A suggestion: implement self-charging mechanics from X-Com: Apocalypse.
It can be used to recharge the flag, among other things.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 09:03:12 pm »
A suggestion: implement self-charging mechanics from X-Com: Apocalypse.
It can be used to recharge the flag, among other things.
I think that in 3.1 or 3.2 it will be possible. It could be per unit or item, for each use power will drop and after turn it will raise again.

This bring me next idea, if each armor have power source that can be used by energy weapons. Wen you depleted it you will need switch to conventional weapons.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
I think that in 3.1 or 3.2 it will be possible. It could be per unit or item, for each use power will drop and after turn it will raise again.

This bring me next idea, if each armor have power source that can be used by energy weapons. Wen you depleted it you will need switch to conventional weapons.
If you had power source armor mechanic(great idea for something like loader armor in this mod)wouldn't that just be ammo in a different flavor? The weapons would need to be special or very good to justify needing backup ranged weapons taking up inventory. In this mod inventory is already reduced.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 03:06:19 am »
In this mod inventory is already reduced.

It's actually expanded by 2 slots, comparing to the vanilla :P But many armors have some inventory reductions.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 04:32:06 am »
True it is 2 over vanilla but very few outfit/armors have full inventory and in the case of heavy support weapons(things that make sense for suit fed imo) ammo is big and very often an awkward shape like 3x1 or 2x1 vertical. Rockets launchers are the prime example. 3x2 weapon and 3x1 to the single reload. Direct fire as well. Panzerfausts and RPG's are much more flexible to a wider variety of armors and lighter to boot. And if a situation calls for more then one faust per gal, the launcher wasn't gona make much difference. The ammo variants make the advanced launcher another fish

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 08:23:11 am »
The best way to balance would be to limit the number of flags on a mission. There was a discussion about such a game mechanic concerning blaster launchers. I think it didn't get implemented so far. Maybe this could be done via the environment setting? Count the number of flags and convert all but one to something else.
Is perpetual TUs even possible?  I think Eddie was just talking about using two flags to keep both user's Morale up, not their TUs.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:20:49 am »
Is perpetual TUs even possible?  I think Eddie was just talking about using two flags to keep both user's Morale up, not their TUs.

Technically yes but the bubble of effect would be tiny, almost immobile, and napkin math says something like 4-5 gals with optimal stats(70ish bravery and 80+TU) to get something that could move 2-3 squares per flag cycle in flat open terrain. And the whole ponderous thing can still eat aoe reaction fire and then the whole blob dies. So super fiddly, huge body investment, less safe against reaction fire, and less maneuverable then everything else ever. In exchange possibly break balance. Sounds fair. 

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 09:27:55 am »
Surround the square of 4 infinite TUs flag gals with a bigger square of 12 support gals with almost infinite TUs and that would be a LOT of shooting.. Makes me think of a Space Marines' last stand by the standards :D

Back to back, enemies on all sides and overwhelming firepower!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 10:29:41 am »
Except Space marines don't get reliably scratched by anything short of 75 caliber rocket assisted rounds. Our gals at best are middle of the food chain except for the mutant stat growth

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 06:02:36 am »
To take it that step further, load down the TU train with pre-primed grenades as you shuffle around, dropping them on the ground as you go (because it's cheap to do TU-wise for a decent bang).

See if you can drop a grenade beside each and every enemy first turn.

Laugh when reaction fire makes it all go horribly wrong and the whole lot goes nuclear.