Author Topic: UFO tracking  (Read 4986 times)

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
UFO tracking
« on: April 12, 2016, 03:43:05 pm »
 I'm using nightly 2016-04-07 and I see an issue where losing 'vision' of a UFO will give you the normal prompt to go to last known UFO position however the interceptor en-route will always get assigned a useless waypoint in pretty much the opposite direction. This happens every time that prompt comes up.

UFO Redux mod is in use if that would matter.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: UFO tracking
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »
I can confirm that last known position works in weird way, but that should only happens if you enabled "Predict UFO trajectory". Just look another post
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:38:14 pm by Xtendo-com »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 05:13:20 pm »
I can confirm that last known position works in weird way, but that should only happens if you enabled "Predict UFO trajectory". Just look another post

That post is not relevant to this one.
And it's not even weird...

Offline zrau

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »

Interesting. In my case that predict trajectory option was definitely set to off though.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:59 am »
That post is not relevant to this one.
And it's not even weird...
Sorry, don't get a point. I noticed that sometimes clicking "last known UFO position" has a chance to point to the location where UFO tries to get. And sometimes points too far away from last known UFO position, revealing his landing spot. For me "last known UFO positions" just should point to last known UFO detected by scanners position without any additional coordinate calculations like smart predicting.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:55:57 am by Xtendo-com »

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 11:11:28 am »
Well, someone who gets my point. =)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 01:33:06 am »

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 02:55:19 am »
I have also experienced what 7Saturn and Xtendo are describing. Not sure if it's the same thing as zrau. I have never used the "predict UFO trajectory" option.

Attached is a save I kept from a little while ago because I thought it was strange and here is a short/crappy quality video I just took with my phone and added captions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra3mf7z7ybM&feature=youtu.be

A battleship lands and when I go to intercept I lose tracking. Then when clicking "go to last known location", rather than go to Africa where the UFO was just landed (and still is we can find out) it goes to India where the UFO shows up hours later.

It is not something I experience often as when you have avengers and multiple bases with hyper-wave decoders, you rarely lose UFOs. And before that, my interceptors rarely catch back up to a UFO they lost.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:25:28 am by Countdown »

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »
I think, the »go to last known position« function simply goes, where the next waypoint is set to, regardless, if the ufo is currently on the ground or not. That way with a flying ufo, it will go, where the ufo is heading right now. But if landed, it will go, where the ufo will disappear/take next waypoint after its current step, being on the ground.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 12:17:54 am »
Thanks Countdown, this pesky bug is finally resolved. :) I apologise to those I doubted before, but it's much easier tracking these down when we have a clear reproduction case.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 11:46:58 am »
Great to hear, glad I was able to help.  :)