Author Topic: [TFTD]More USO Variants  (Read 21402 times)

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD]More USO Variants
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 03:25:48 am »
Found it, thank you! That'd be the corvette which should read "a small alien vessel that is of little threat on its own but is always part of a larger alien plan". I will be honest, most of the descriptions of the smallest usos are rather generic placeholders. At some point I'd to use these to make an even more radical shake up of the alien mission structure so it's more different from ufo but I'd also like that coordinated with new aliens and weapons.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 07:13:36 am »
Glad you managed to get blastproofness :)
Did you also manage to make them not reveal USO interior when units are standing outside West and North walls?

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 05:43:49 pm »
Thank you Blank, never liked the dick shaped original big scout.
Your new usos are terrific! Not only deadly, they also look great, I love the one with sniper windows.
You need to approach each of them in a different manner, and when they are on the wrong corner of the map, the mission can quickly became a nightmare.

I found this little glitch, where my soldier can see, but not fire at, an alien in the lower floor of a supply. I think is the original supply, and not one of yours, I'm not sure but I'll post anyway.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2016, 08:56:45 pm »
FastForward, I think from the look of it that it's not a map bug, but an imperfection of the engine. You see, visibility is measured from the eyes which are near the top of your soldier, while shooting is measured from the arms, closer to the middle. So you can see but not shoot.

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2016, 03:09:07 pm »
Found this error again.
The cursor in the first screen is just above the alien, the second screen is taken with F10 and clearly show a hole in the floor, to the left of the door.

I'm also confident this is the original supply cruiser and not one designed by Blank, sorry Blank for the off-topic and thank you again for your work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:44:16 pm by FastForward »

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »
Actually the mod does change the original supply cruiser map, specifically to fix some visibility errors with 2-story walls and general node improvement.
Did you install the blastproof patches for the original maps I posted? Because if so, I think I broke something else while I was trying to fix that. I'll have to look again at all the maps. I was getting so close to finishing all the vanilla variants.

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 11:48:16 pm »
Sorry Blank. I have double checked and I totally misunderstood your instructions.

I applied your patch to "BlanksTeemingUSOclasses"
and not to "BlanksTeemingUSOinteriors"
I also enabled only "Teeming USOs II - New alien sub types"
and not "Teeming USOs I - Interior variations"

I was thinking that your mods were inclusive, "USO II" including "USO I",
"USO III" including both II and I.

Now I have applied your patch to "USOInteriors" folder and enabled both USO I and USO II mods. There is no hole, your work is perfect.

Sorry again.

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 12:17:57 am »
I could try to make the instructions clearer. They're very much not inclusive, Teeming USOs III & IV especially are just additional options for II. I could make them inclusive in the next version (or stand alone to put it another way), the file size isn't a huge issue and it's less likely to break things if they're in the wrong order.

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:55 pm »
Idiot-proof instructions will be much appreciated. But the local fauna in this forum seem to be pretty smart already. I will be the only one to benefit :P

To my limited understanding, making standalone mods will require duplicating files, a notorious source of bugs. So don't do it.

I'm also using your USO level 3, with rebalancing stats, but don't expect too much feedback since I usually wait until USOs land by themselves.

Thank again for your great work, assaulting USOs that are not all the same is a lot more fun, and your USOs look evil too.

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 08:45:57 am »
Level 3 has a few changes to alien deployments as well so you might notice something. Bombers in particular.

And it's true, I've has quite a few errors while modding because I hadn't copied over the latest versions of files. On the other hand, the current set up requires the mods be placed in the correct order (so III should appear below II in the list).

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »
I had USO III above USO II.
I hope to have installed all correctly and in the right order this time :P

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but the second floor in one of your "Blockade Runner" variants has some pointy things that block a couple of doors, I think they should belong to the first floor.

In the second screen, another variant of "Blockade Runner" has the second floor totally inaccessible, that's OK, but having doors here look a bit strange, unless you want to deliberately fool the player.

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2016, 05:58:40 pm »
Well those things are cargo, the aliens need to move them in and out. You see them on the supply cruiser too. Sometimes the blockade runner is empty and the second floor is free, other times it's packed to brim with cargo. Doors don't serve a gameplay purpose but I don't think I'd make sense to replace them with walls for example.

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2022, 02:59:56 am »
Original post updated

1.0 - Fixed interception images for all new USOs
      - Fixed LOS issues with hunter variants (UFO05B.map, UFO05BL1.map, UFO05BL2.map, UFO05BL3.map

Can this be moved to the finished mods section? I'm unlikely to work on this regularly so I'm happy for others to update this

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2022, 03:25:35 am »
I have moved the thread.

Thank you very much for this contribution! Not many modders work on TFTD.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Larger USO with complex interior system
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2023, 11:11:55 am »
A circular USO with complex route design

Completed
  -  placing map tiles
  - designed complex route system (over 100 nodes)
Not yet finished
  - check map for  corect tiles placing (no holes for movement or LOS)
  - design UFO attributes
  - add items  to map (zrbite and preprimed grenades)

Have a Fun