aliens

Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238757 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #630 on: August 27, 2016, 09:46:31 pm »
Random idea, either the dumbest or most genius one I've had, I honestly can't tell:

It should be possible to run into civilians who on noticing your gals, do 'something' and suddenly there's a reaper or something between them and whatever they feel threatened by.  Basically players of an augmented reality game, the summoned creature might be a normal hologram, and therefore can be ignored, a hard light hologram, which can't be ignored, but will go away if you beat down the player, or an actual summoned beast, in which case things can get messy, with no major indication of which you've got.  The only item that would actually be useful to the gals, I think, would be the second, first could be broken down into a computer and some sort of projector, second into Church forcefield stuff, and I have no idea what the third could be broken down into.

An important part of this idea is that if you have a gal using one of these devices, she can summon her own creature, and as long as no one attacks the player, the two creatures will fight, if yours wins, the player will surrender, while if the player wins, you have an option to abort the mission, as if all your gals were safely in the ship.  Aborting would give you a decent score, for playing along, while declining, clubbing the player, and finishing normally will have a decent sized negative infamy for dishonorable conduct.

Basically, you'd have the option to decide the fight through a childrens card game. :)

So, moronic or genius?  ;D

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 29, 2016, 06:58:38 am »
So moronic it crosses over into genius. I assume it would be an Ayephone ability or something?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #632 on: August 29, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
Phantom beasts and holo-images aren't moronic. The whole 'augmented reality game' spin doesn't make sense, since it's a military-grade tech; but I can imagine Church or Star Gods or Gals summoning holo-images, some of which are actually capable of doing damage to enemy (phantom beasts made of forcefields). However currently there is no support for in-battle unit spawning, except the 'zombie' variety.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 29, 2016, 04:06:24 pm »
It occurs to me, introduce simple frames, taken from a movie, like finding an old mythical object. For example, one that has always struck me as interesting: Treasure of the Four Crowns, 1983, where a group of adventurers, has to be done with an old and powerful treasure, hidden in a crown of Visigoth origin, in the hands of a dangerous sectarian guru who keeps hidden in an ancient walled city, in the Pyrenees.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:09:55 pm by alinare »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 30, 2016, 02:04:53 am »
The game thing was more a reference to yugioh, the hard light ones would be military, actual summons would probably be demonic in nature, while the pure hologram ones would be expensive toys, use against your gals it would be either sheer stupidity or a bluff.  Another option would be the super tech holding cells for combat trained monsters(pokemon).

See why I had difficulty telling if it was stupid or a good idea?

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 30, 2016, 06:17:43 pm »
How about having a few civillians be armed so they can attack the enemies during a Pogrom? Could potentially make a few interesting situations, as long as they weren't shooting your forces as well.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 30, 2016, 06:22:55 pm »
Armed.civilians has been a long standing request. It has been implemented in the nightly version, so next time Yankees updates it might get in. I'm hoping we can see those big muon looking mutants punch a few heads when it comes about :D

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 30, 2016, 10:16:15 pm »
Lol if those mutons had guns. Hilarious to be sure but more balancing....bleh.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2016, 10:36:35 pm »
Muton/'Brute' civs should at least be able to falcon punch people just like the Merc Commando can.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:42 pm »
Muton/'Brute' civs should at least be able to falcon punch people just like the Merc Commando can.

Seconded!
Well, with a far weaker attack, of course.

And the lamias would bite! :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #640 on: August 30, 2016, 10:56:59 pm »
It'd be totally unbalanced, ofc. They'd get a random assortment of shitty guns and other shitty weapons. And built-in melee attacks. Not everyone.
The more exciting consequence of such mechanics would be adding whole damned battles, like eg. Mutant Alliance vs. Bandits, player helping with fort defense or sth. Especially if it was somehow possible to restrict spawning enemies / neutrals on parts of maps.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2016, 02:42:57 am »
In the original Deus Ex there is a tiny plasma gun called the PS-20. It only holds a single shot.

I think that would be a fun addition to the game, if it was randomly given to some civilians to make them much more potentially dangerous without giving the gals a powerful gun too easily or too early. It would also be nice to have a single-square holdout weapon besides the tiny pistol and revolver.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #642 on: August 31, 2016, 03:35:09 am »
Mhm... there is certainly a space for something like that.

niculinux

« Reply #643 on: September 02, 2016, 01:44:02 pm »
Hey, i must write that the disc o' death was a nice touch, inspired by 1990's movie "i come in peace"?

As fot the soldie diaries brake into 0.99A, i was wndering, in the recap screen after a battle, instead of first award, second award and so on, might be displayed the exect ward name instead (eg. some kind of best friend, etc.)

(kinda of) explanatory screenshot attached :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #644 on: September 02, 2016, 01:46:32 pm »
Hey, i must write that the disc o' death was a nice touch, inspired by 1990's movie "i come in peace"?

Wrong movie, think of something WAY more known.