aliens

Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238755 times)

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #570 on: August 19, 2016, 04:57:34 am »

As for progrom(s) as still of now (0.99B) they don't seem a "labdmark" to ne because almostvakways i get the first by the end of jan 2601 (the very beginning) unless i'm missing something.

They happen, but you can ignore them (with no penalty) until such time as you're confident you can beat the snot out of them, or you finish Contact: Mutant Alliance research...

I believe, anyway.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 19, 2016, 08:53:36 am »
How about an advanced prison, after we figure out cryogenic storage.  Maybe not unlimited space, but it would be nice to have MORE space.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #572 on: August 19, 2016, 09:11:41 am »
I'll add it to the list.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 20, 2016, 07:22:50 am »
Pilots needed number for multiple crew craft in bootypediea entries

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 20, 2016, 09:09:35 am »
Suggestions:
- Pilots should get a little bit of stat training for air fights and surveillance.
- In air combat there should be some feedback how strongly damaged the enemy craft is. Not an exact number, but something like "lightly damaged" or "heavily damaged".

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2016, 09:28:44 am »
Suggestions:
- Pilots should get a little bit of stat training for air fights and surveillance.
- In air combat there should be some feedback how strongly damaged the enemy craft is. Not an exact number, but something like "lightly damaged" or "heavily damaged".

1. I'd suggest 10% chance for +10 bravery for pilot crew of size = 1; and 5% chance (per pilot) for +10 bravery for pilot crew of size > 1. Or 40% chance (per pilot) for +1 bravery.

2. I'd think that is really hard to estimate even in real life... on one hand a craft can be fatally damaged with a single burnt cable under a cockpit, on the other hand you can sometimes safely land with two engines (out of 4) in flames

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2016, 10:06:26 am »

Really low on space in these articles now... If it perhaps was added to the stat block...

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2016, 10:09:59 am »
1. I'd suggest 10% chance for +10 bravery for pilot crew of size = 1; and 5% chance (per pilot) for +10 bravery for pilot crew of size > 1. Or 40% chance (per pilot) for +1 bravery.

2. I'd think that is really hard to estimate even in real life... on one hand a craft can be fatally damaged with a single burnt cable under a cockpit, on the other hand you can sometimes safely land with two engines (out of 4) in flames

1. Is it per engagement? Then sounds good. Maybe there should be also something for the gals hanging out in the spy zeppelin for weeks. Something similar as "dojo mechanic" but weaker.

2. Yes in real life it would be surely difficult to judge, but I think it would be good for the larger air fights with several attack craft.
For example I imagine situations where all your craft are heavily damaged or nearly run out of ammunition. Then you would usually retreat, but if you see that the enemy craft is also heavily damaged, the player is maybe convinced to stay in combat and take the risk.   

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2016, 10:15:44 am »
1. Is it per engagement? Then sounds good. Maybe there should be also something for the gals hanging out in the spy zeppelin for weeks. Something similar as "dojo mechanic" but weaker.

Oh no, per downed UFO (and if multiple craft engage it, only the one which does the final hit would count).

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 20, 2016, 10:19:50 am »
Oh no, per downed UFO (and if multiple craft engage it, only the one which does the final hit would count).

Ah ok, but then the final hit should also have a small chance for accuracy and reactions increase.

P.S. Oh, and we need awards for fighter pilots.  ;D

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 20, 2016, 11:33:32 am »

Noted. Next update.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2016, 06:14:02 pm »
As far as I know, deployed crew can still be registered in training. My zeppelin gals are either:
- the worst gals of a hire cycle, since they'll never see combat (BTW, the zeppelin's maintenance cost just went up 120k because of the gals needed to crew it. Didn't check if the cost went down to compensate for the gals doing to work though)
- backup gals I don't need right now. Those are registered in a dojo or voodoo school and do their exercises on board. Presumably their gym membership includes borrowing what they need to practice on the field.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
Definitely think that 'precision' based damage types like cutting, piercing and lasers should be much less likely to outright disintegrate a target, while plasma, chem, concussive and incendiary are more so.

A psychic/VooDoo damage typing would also be desirable. I suppose 'Special' kind of encompasses it (or at least stuff that acts primarily on the mind), but it doesn't quite capture stuff like the Ghost Dagger/Beam that affects the body, nor does plasma.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 21, 2016, 11:26:40 am »
Noted. Next update.

Added cockpit capacity to Pedia... but Dioxine will have to update the box sizes.
Shown only if pilots required > 0.

Code: [Select]
      STR_COCKPIT_CAPACITY: "PILOTS>{ALT}{0}{ALT}"

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #584 on: August 21, 2016, 12:31:17 pm »
Definitely think that 'precision' based damage types like cutting, piercing and lasers should be much less likely to outright disintegrate a target, while plasma, chem, concussive and incendiary are more so.

This was painstakingly added on a weapon-per-weapon basis, and already works like this. There is almost no cutting weapon that can disintegrate the target, and only the most powerful lasers have that capacity.