Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238577 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #540 on: August 16, 2016, 11:02:37 pm »
mansions...
they are a grind no matter how I slice them.  My first attempt with tk projectors was a miserable failure. I never breached a single wall with them. (only a few attempts honestly).

I think mansions are just a mission that takes patience and a few hours.  I like ayephones on everyone, and slave armor, but other than that, anything goes. Kill em all, spread out, and watch for blips.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 16, 2016, 11:05:52 pm »
mansions...
they are a grind no matter how I slice them.  My first attempt with tk projectors was a miserable failure. I never breached a single wall with them. (only a few attempts honestly).

I think mansions are just a mission that takes patience and a few hours.  I like ayephones on everyone, and slave armor, but other than that, anything goes. Kill em all, spread out, and watch for blips.

You need gals strong with the force for TK Projectors to be worth a damn; on Gals with 40+ VDSk and 60+ VDSt they tear through the mansion with casual ease. I brought Ayephones but opted to systemically destroy the place instead of trudging slowly through it.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 16, 2016, 11:08:31 pm »
@khade  Yep, that sums it for how ammunition works, and now it's more of a balance feature than a limitation.  Want to carry more rockets?  Get a buddy to help you out.  It'd probably be possible to re-code the soldier inventories to allow for such a thing, but most modders don't really see it as a useful feature.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 16, 2016, 11:27:35 pm »
Just trying to help articulate an idea, hope it did help.

I thought slave armor was not available in the normal game?

Two ideas:  musketeer outfit, bonus to shooting, melee, bravery and energy recovery, extremely flamboyant, somewhat flammable.  Mud, early camouflage, basically naked, zero to six item slots, depending on how naked it actually is.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2016, 11:40:32 pm »

Yeah, its part of Naughty mod.  I have seriously considered modding it to make it a bit less nsfw, but dayum. Them crazy stats! Its ridiculous! "Biosuit Lite" is Right!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 16, 2016, 11:42:37 pm »
I meant that you can't use it unless it's a random battle, which isn't exactly useful in the game.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2016, 11:45:45 pm »
Mansion? Pffft. Try doing one in the dark.
My evening yesterday was full of... darkness. With pink walls. And lots of ninja stealth.
(It's fun to be shooting a clueless guy across the ballroom.)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2016, 12:01:59 am »
I meant that you can't use it unless it's a random battle, which isn't exactly useful in the game.

Um...I'm not following. The Slave Outfit is part of Naughty Mod (just enable it in Options>Mods) and is one of the allowable outfits in the Mansion.  I've been using them in my recent campaign.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2016, 12:10:12 am »
Just trying to help articulate an idea, hope it did help.

Two ideas:  musketeer outfit, bonus to shooting, melee, bravery and energy recovery, extremely flamboyant, somewhat flammable.  Mud, early camouflage, basically naked, zero to six item slots, depending on how naked it actually is.

It is available for research if you have the naughty mod enabled.
Also, you speak of Gunslinger and Goblin outfits. Both are planned from a long time ago and 20-30% done, but low-priority and challenging to draw. However you won't see an energy recovery bonus on a full suit of clothing.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2016, 12:12:27 am »
Ah, I guess I haven't gotten to the point where the Slave outfit is available.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 17, 2016, 01:42:48 am »
Mansion? Pffft. Try doing one in the dark.
My evening yesterday was full of... darkness. With pink walls. And lots of ninja stealth.
(It's fun to be shooting a clueless guy across the ballroom.)

That's exactly what I did.

Basically the mansion denizens were hunted in the dark by estrogen-laden Michael Myers with wall destroying telekinesis.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:46:54 am by Surrealistik »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 17, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
Hey Dioxine, if Meridian gets the new shotgun spread calculations into OXCE+, I created a small mod to test the balance out on the shotgun-style weapons in X-Piratez with what I thought were reasonable spread values based on the accuracy/range/number of pellets for each weapon.  With just a little testing, I think shotguns are going to be much more dangerous, and might even need to be toned down at a damage per pellet level.  I've attached the mod here, and can add a link to a copy of my OXCE+ .exe's if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:31:26 am by ohartenstein23 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #552 on: August 17, 2016, 05:48:52 pm »
Thank you, I will definitely keep this. What does it do? Proper groupings of shotgun pellets? As for damage per pellet, it's quite proper IMO (Movie Shotguns). Some people will never use shotguns due to their inability to tackle armored guys anyway.

Link would be good, although I'll rather wait till Meridian pulls this into his build. I'd appreciate that a lot, Meridian :)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »
I posted a bit more about the changes in this thread, but the basic premise of the change is that when you take a shot, the hit location of the first pellet is saved, and then all the other pellets are fired around that point like an auto shot with accuracy equal to (100 - shotgunSpread) * shotgunChoke / 100, also taking into account the range/dropoff defined by the shot type on the weapon (not firing accuracy!).  This should make it like a proper grouping, and with low spreads (like 10) and the default choke (100), you get basically all the pellets on target at the maximum accurate range of the weapon.  The ruleset I made for the mod just adds values of shotgunSpread, shotgunBehavior: 1, and shotgunChoke to the appropriate items to make it easy to find/change the values for testing.

I'm compiling a windows exe right now, I'll share a link to compiled OXCE+ versions once that finishes (I only have OXCE and an ubuntu version of OXCE+ compiled right now).

Edit: Link for the executables!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:12:16 pm by ohartenstein23 »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2016, 09:52:35 pm »
By the way, I didn't define shotgunSpread and shotgunBehavior values on some of the alternate shotgun ammunition types (any of the chem/incendiary rounds) - I don't really know how those should balance against regular piercing rounds spread-wise, so I just left them as is.