Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238867 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2016, 05:23:59 pm »
Also, another thing that would be nice: Wench outfit for the mansion. I'm not sure why it's not allowed since other psi outfits are and I'd bet some of the people living there are the kind that enjoy special room service.

I'm not sure why do you think it's not allowed, beacuse it is.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2016, 08:56:36 pm »
I want to be able to rename my Mutated Reaper to Mister Snuggems

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »
LOL!  Too True!
That's one phrase I loved from your LP. No swears, just an objective: "hum.. that was... less than optimal" and often I'd be laughing out loud and my laptop. Maybe I should re-watch your tftd LP...
Hm... from what I'm seeing in the ruleset, I think it is:  in Piratez_Planet.rul line 26256, STR_LINGERIE_SET_X_UC is part of the allowedArmors.
:o well, as I said it makes sense to be included ;) I must have misread something somewhere. Time to try my loving commando in the mansion! Wenches and seductresses to battle :) now I just needs something that can act through walls...

niculinux

« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2016, 09:47:33 pm »
I want to be able to rename my Mutated Reaper to Mister Snuggems

lol. Hey, how about to rename  ramshackle rifle to handcrafted rufle? More suitable to the setting :) plus some modification in tje description, so that it is to understand it was made by smughlers at the black market as an "alternative" 8)

Edit: also musket should be named flintlock rifle, and flintlock rifle in single shot rifle? In 2601 a bunch of "ignorant" criminals won't even know the concept of musket?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:49:59 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2016, 11:42:28 pm »
They do understand the difference between Musket and Rifle as much as we understand the difference between Mac and PC, rest assured. Also not sure what a 'rufle' is. A ruffle maybe? To ruffle one's feathers? Interesting metaphor, sadly one I'm not familiar with.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 06, 2016, 12:11:35 am »
A rifle implies rifling, which a musket doesn't typically have (except the sniper musket). Rifling makes the bullet spin on itself which stabilize it's flight, allowing for better aiming and penetration by the point, by opposition to a musket ball that's just pretty much a miniature cannonball.

The gals might be ignorant by our standards (they don't know technology or philosophy or science) but they're not dumb. Their lifes depend on the tools of fighting, so I'd expect them to know those quite well, as shown by their ability to pick up pretty much anything on the field and use it efficiently, unless it's locked by advanced tech shenanigans (like the star god or voodoo techs are).

As for rufle, the only thing it makes me think of is chips. But I don't know why you'd name a gun after chips.

niculinux

« Reply #426 on: August 06, 2016, 12:26:14 am »
Sry i meant rifle, sheer typo. As for their "tools" knowledge, yes they catch on quckly but since their startin condition is very simple and basic as thier "science", thdy have even to research bows!) i thought my hint would be ok. Flintlock technology is the same implemented on that kind of rifle as to my understanding, same on that kind of pistol, so it made me think so. Maybe it's a personal point ov view since i'm not a weapon expert or engineer :) but again whatever :D

Edit: small example
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:42:24 am by niculinux »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 06, 2016, 12:34:04 am »
Would anyone be (seriously) interested?

I'd be interested in having engineers/scientists and if at all possible, soldiers be manufacturable.  I have a mod idea that would be much improved by manufacturable drones/robots being counted as soldiers. (The other option in my mind is letting missions be done by aux units only)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 06, 2016, 01:34:21 am »
The musket probably uses flintlock, the clockwork gun would use a wheel lock, I believe. 

The difference between the musket and the flintlock rifle, or a couple differences, include grooves on the inside of the barrel, rifling, that makes it more accurate at longer ranger, probably it has a longer barrel, and it has a bullet designed to work well with the rifling without increasing the reload time.

Of course, I'm protective of the flintlock rifle since I suggested it, have to show solidarity to ideas, right?  ;D

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 06, 2016, 02:42:21 am »
Kitten mittens for Mister Snuggems please.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2016, 06:12:54 am »
Sry i meant rifle, sheer typo. As for their "tools" knowledge, yes they catch on quckly but since their startin condition is very simple and basic as thier "science", thdy have even to research bows!) i thought my hint would be ok. Flintlock technology is the same implemented on that kind of rifle as to my understanding, same on that kind of pistol, so it made me think so. Maybe it's a personal point ov view since i'm not a weapon expert or engineer :) but again whatever :D

Edit: small example

I don't know.. making a bow from some wood and string is no small feat. Even if the principle is simple, the proper construction to make a combat worthy bow isn't. By opposition, the gals of the 27th century are swimming in guns and guns parts since childhood. I think starting firing accuracy is also higher than throwing (which is used for bows), showing a relative lack of familiarity. To me, Über settlements are kind of places where guns are everywhere to defend against megafauna and raiders, so the gals know their guns from childhood. But nobody "stoops down" to going primitive and using bows, until the brainerz realize that it could very well work.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2016, 06:32:31 am »
Also the capacity to use a bow doesn't mean you have the capacity to make one.  I figure the first bow research is finding someone who can sell them, preferably without jacking up the price any more by showing active interest, later research gives the ability to make the suckers.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2016, 06:42:27 am »
Just chiming in.  I dis-agree with any efforts to re-name muskets, and rifled muskets.   They have perfect historical antecedents and they are ideal names right now.

But here is something I've been wondering.
The Boarding gun progression:
Boarding Gun >
(Aim: Tu 60%, Acc 80%, Snap: Tu 28%/ Acc 60%,  Auto: Tu 36%/ Acc 35%   )
Decent starter, hits hard.  Heavy, few can use it.  Feels like a squad support weapon, which it is.
Custom Shooty Gun>
(Aim:  Tu 60%, Acc 80%, Snap: Tu 28%/ Acc 60%, Auto: Tu 36%/ Acc 40%  )
Slightly better accuracy on auto, and shoots 5 rds. Range out to 18 now for snap and auto.  Very solid improvement, and a great weapon.
Super Shooty Gun>
(Auto: Tu 30%/ Acc 40%  )
No more snap, or aimed. 6 rd bursts now, but no more snap or aimed.  This feels like a reversion from the previous well rounded weapon to a slightly more flexible minigun replacement.  Can I get aimed and snap fire back on this?  I never built it because I was loathe to give these up.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2016, 06:52:04 am »
If you don't find upgrade from 11 to 18 shots/turn (with increased range and 10% TU left to move) useful, don't build it... it's not for you. I don't find losing snap and aimed such a problem - there are better weapons for these roles. It's not supposed to be The Gun To End All Guns. It's gradual specialization of an assault weapon that can be used as support weapon, not vice versa.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:56:29 am by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #434 on: August 06, 2016, 06:58:08 am »
Fair enough.  I must not have found the virtues of the lead filled environment yet.  I'll have to give it a try.  :)  Thanks for the reasoning behind it!