Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 238564 times)

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2016, 12:59:12 am »
Since the current ground missions seem like attack of opportunity assaults for your early crew, how about later researching replacement missions against tougher, higher value targets as you advance?  Something like a Church indoctrination facility with hypno devices/gold or a Guild recycling plant.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #301 on: July 03, 2016, 01:11:44 am »
That's how it always been planned.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2016, 11:36:33 am »
Will the any of the new missions you have planned actually replace easier missions, or will they spawn in addition to them?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2016, 01:10:41 pm »
Depends, some will appear in addition, some will replace.

Offline Nygmus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2016, 06:24:14 am »
Speaking of which, when I went on my first megascorpion hunt, I totally expected to fight one or a few gigantic scorpions, not a ton of Australian scorpions.

Some sort of megafauna hunt would be neat, even if it was a Reaper hunt or something.

Or if you wanted to be a vile, disgusting piece of humanity, you could feasibly do a Chryssalid Cleanup mission...

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2016, 02:41:45 am »
I think we should be able to find and buy a box of assorted junk, which would be the buyable resource that gets us clothes, extract it to get some clothing and scraps of cloth that are only good for bandages and maybe some other bits and pieces of whatever.  Unfortunately, I suspect that it's not currently possible to have an extractable item give semi random stuff, but if that were possible, I'd love boxes of random junk that might have useful things in it, but is only guaranteed to have at least 1 bundle of clothes and at least 1 set of bandages.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2016, 12:12:54 am »
You should be able to have cat-girl auxiliaries, either by enslaving them or buying them as mercenaries.

Also squires should be renamed to cabin boys as that's more pirate-y and more accurate. They're swabbing your decks, not training to be knights.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:16:38 am by Star_Treasure »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2016, 11:01:11 am »
Quick search in the Inventory window improved by idea and implementation by Stian.

I made an extended search function for the ground inventory. The main difference is that it searches within an items' categories and loaded ammo for matches as well. Thereby it is possible to look up all items of a certain damage type, weapon type etc. I only enabled this extra feature for researched items though. It also skips searching by name on alien artifacts to reduce spoilers.

- Stian

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2016, 01:46:33 am »
Please add a line of fire and arc designator which highlights blocked segments of the LoF/arc in red (unblocked segments might be green/black/other contrasting colour) so we can clearly see where we can and cannot throw/attack.

Also add an option to turn an LoS requirement on for VooDoo.

Add Goldman Sacks; the shadow banking faction which caves your skull in should you fail to repay your debts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dm70-ymoTxOQhzzQjoOEm8Uzymhq2miLmpxuLjB4fG8

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
Please add a line of fire and arc designator which highlights blocked segments of the LoF/arc in red (unblocked segments might be green/black/other contrasting colour) so we can clearly see where we can and cannot throw/attack.

I guess this is a request for me, in which case I reject it as "I don't like it".
Also, for throwing trajectory this would not even be possible as the game tries multiple trajectories (under different angles) before saying it's not possible (as far as I know)...

Also add an option to turn an LoS requirement on for VooDoo.

This is already easily moddable.
Dioxine said, he will not implement it as "he doesn't like it", but you're free to do it yourself: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.msg67514.html#msg67514

Add Goldman Sacks; the shadow banking faction which caves your skull in should you fail to repay your debts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dm70-ymoTxOQhzzQjoOEm8Uzymhq2miLmpxuLjB4fG8

That's a request for Dioxine, I guess he read it already and will include it if it fits his plans with the lore.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2016, 10:41:18 am »
I guess this is a request for me, in which case I reject it as "I don't like it".
Also, for throwing trajectory this would not even be possible as the game tries multiple trajectories (under different angles) before saying it's not possible (as far as I know)...

What's not to like about being able to determine line of fire precisely?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:59 am »

What's to like on random blocks being highlighted in red, green or black... it would look ugly as heck and break any and all immersion.
Or maybe I understand it wrong... do you have any screenshots/mockups to illustrate your idea?

EDIT: btw. it's the same reason why I rejected the "Advanced scanner" idea (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2391.0.html) ... and "Throwing radius preview" idea (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1532.0.html)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:17:47 am by Meridian »

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2016, 11:48:10 am »
Blocks being highlighted?

I was more thinking a line being drawn; the line is green until it gets blocked by something, becoming red to the target point afterwords.

Also how many different angles does the game check for arcs?

Further both of those are great ideas; if your issue is the aesthetics, isn't it just a matter of getting better art?

Blocks being highlighted?

I was more thinking a line being drawn from the shooter to the target; the line is green until it gets blocked by something, becoming red to the target point afterwords.

Also how many different angles does the game check for arcs?

Further both of those are great ideas; if your issue is the aesthetics, isn't it just a matter of getting better art?

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2016, 10:31:54 pm »

I really hate it when the game says 100% but then you hit a tree branch.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2016, 11:15:35 pm »
I really hate it when the game says 100% but then you hit a tree branch.

I think you're referring to another issue, which is about voxels and aiming algorithm. It also affects normal shooting.