Author Topic: Suggestions on how to improve the mod  (Read 244455 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions on how to improve the mod
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2016, 01:23:58 pm »
 Zero point mission  :o just why..... waste of your time, waste of fuel, why go at all? You get the same score by never doing it.

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2016, 02:05:36 pm »
Zero point mission  :o just why..... waste of your time, waste of fuel, why go at all? You get the same score by never doing it.

It seemed as if the Mansion Mission not disappear on the map. But they are also very difficult to play without arms at the beginning and there is no important reward. I wanted them remove only from the map.

I have a suggestion for improvement. Take the Xeno Ship: https://www.openxcom.com/content/modimages/YDULJPAO120520150424.png place it on the roof and make the price inside the ship a lot of money or something meaningful.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:14:35 pm by Ashert »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2016, 02:29:43 pm »
I have a suggestion too, think before saying something stupid.

Offline Bartojan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2016, 04:36:09 pm »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 04:39:27 pm »
Good idee. I will add the option, I was just too lazy to consider it before :)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »
Small suggestion: add soylent as a needed resource for producing slaves in the workshop. Reapers and boomosaurus have it, and slaves need to eat too.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2016, 07:51:01 pm »
Small suggestion: add soylent as a needed resource for producing slaves in the workshop. Reapers and boomosaurus have it, and slaves need to eat too.

Normal slaves, of course.
I fear to think what culinary wonder a Taskmaster requires.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2016, 08:06:23 pm »
A small thing that feels somewhat bad to me every time I see/read it: Could you please rename the Gas Chambers to Gas Traps or Gas Pits?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2016, 08:09:41 pm »
Bwahahaha. Of course it is supposed to be a Name of Very Bad Taste :P

But in reality, not so much. If I was a freak, I'd name them something like Surprise Showers or something. Now that's something I have enough decency to avoid.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:11:56 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2016, 08:20:32 pm »
I was quite puzzled by that one at first. "Is it a facility to turn captives into corpses? That's kinda..." But then I read the 'pedia and it's "just" traps. Would be fitting to have to interrogate some humanist to unlock it ;)

I, for one, welcome this. It's ok to feel bad once in a while about our history and this game. Let's be honest, we're spending our free time slaughtering people. We don't have the usual XCom excuse that they are aliens invading our planet. In Piratez, they're just "baddies" because they work for the "bad" corporations.

A little bit of unease isn't unwarranted. It's better, more honest, than all the TV shows and games that are trying to fool you into thinking it's good and heroic to take out "bad" people.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:22:27 pm by Arthanor »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »
Well, in german the word Gaskammer (gas chamber) was SOLELY used for the ones in concentration camps, that's why I don't like that name...

I do like the facility in XPiratez, even though (thanks to 2 hideout shrouds) my base has yet to be attacked....  :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2016, 08:25:41 pm »
I was quite puzzled by that one at first. "Is it a facility to turn captives into corpses? That's kinda..." But then I read the 'pedia and it's "just" traps. Would be fitting to have to interrogate some humanist to unlock it ;)

Lol, maybe not :) It's not the Nazis who made that invention first, after all. Besides that, you're just saying what I think myself. At least in Piratez the gas chambers are used only to capture (...but still it's not 100% non-lethal).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 08:37:58 pm »
Was kidding for the dependency, obviously, hence the smiley! The Piratez implementation is quite different, and the name is enough. It wouldn't be noticeable 99% of the time any ways.

@civilian:

I understand. I don't think "gas chamber", or its French equivalent, are used for much else either. There is way too much bad connotation to the term now for it to be used much. But I maintain my stance that being reminded that we're pirates and not heroes is a good thing. Piratez is very often goofy and funny (as it should be! It's a game) and having a reminder once in a while that we're also rather bad is good balance for the tone, to steer clear of Captain Hook pirates.

And if you really don't like it, you can always not research it, or mod in "STR_DONT_WANNA_SEE_IT" as an extra dependency.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 08:47:25 pm »
I simply changed the name to Stun Trap, I do not want to disable them at all!  :D

And yes, I like those ambiguous moments in Xpiratez, too, Like where you ask yourself... "Wait a minute, what am I doing? Robbing, killing and enslaving unarmed civilians on a holiday trip.... "

*sees loot*

"Oh well, go get'em! Yarrrr"  8)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:15 pm »
Ah, hum.. yeah.. totally forgot the option to just mod another name.. duh!  ;D