Author Topic: Hostages, again  (Read 3655 times)

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
Hostages, again
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:03 pm »
I need to understand how this works.
I took a Church Maiden as a prisoner and researched her. In result, i got info on the survey mission type and access to Slavery and Robbery Missions for for my second maiden.
I can sell the second Maiden for 35k to the fence, or i can rob her for some chips and lesser items or slave her for some minor items and a Slave Maiden.
Also, i can apparently research this second maiden, too. Will the research yield another random research topic, but not anything else ?
Whats the best way to use more than 1 number of prisoner ?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
Re: Hostages, again
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:41:57 pm »
Interrogate-research (if possible), then research until exhausted, then slavery(cargo space and parts)\ransom(money) (whatever suits you more).
Well, that's usually how I work around hostages. They often provide valuable information on variety of topics that are difficult\impossible to get otherwise.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:58:07 pm »
Interrogate-research (if possible), then research until exhausted, then slavery(cargo space and parts)\ransom(money) (whatever suits you more).
Well, that's usually how I work around hostages. They often provide valuable information on variety of topics that are difficult\impossible to get otherwise.
I pretty much agree with greattuna here. I research until exhausted if I can afford to.   Prison space may require selling/slaving etc. but I still try to work through them
For reference there is a table linked from the online bootypedia research page that lists all of the freebies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:47:20 pm »
Also, remember:  If you're actively researching someone, they don't take up prison space.  Therefore, rather than having all your researchers focus on one thing, you're better off assigning one researcher to each hostage as soon as they arrive, ensuring there's enough room for more.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:09 pm »
It can bite you in the ass later, as items aren't taken off research list even if they no longer have any research value. Personally I prefer to build more prisons.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 04:25:33 pm »

Case in point - Since this is my third playthrough (one successful, one unsuccessful). I know that I shouldn't bother researching weapons that I have in my inventory else I would lose the weapon. I rather interrogate / research hostages to get information on weapons.