aliens

Author Topic: Full Plate Mail  (Read 3243 times)

Offline GarlandSP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Full Plate Mail
« on: April 08, 2016, 05:46:36 am »
A week ago i was going to try the Full Plate armor.

I was able to shoot down a Star God ship, but my gals were outgunned and outnumbered by the star gods, i was able to pull out a couple of cyclop guardians one dead, other alive. Did the research required for FPM but when i was going to produce i realized i required the body of 2 Cyclops per FPM.

That wouldnt be a problem but the star gods disappeared from the game at least for now.

There is somewhat a disbalance with this armor because its an outfit meant for CQB combat, and obtaining cyclops corpses is difficult in mid-game ( star gods dont appear or you are outgunned ), while a Ravenant armor which is actually better suited for CQB than FPM ( Better reactions, stamina, TU, few disadvantages ) is far easier to manufacture and can be made with common materials.

Is the requirement for cyclops corpses there for a reason?

what i mean is that when you are able to manufacture this armors they are already obselete by the ravenant armor.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:12:28 am by GarlandSP »

Offline GarlandSP

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Full Plate Mail
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:16:12 am »
Besides, requiring the corpse of a dead cyclops to add extra armor plates and meshes to the Metal Armor doesnt seem very logical...

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: Full Plate Mail
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:06:10 am »
Factions are pretty much random so some games you will face Star Gods more often than in other campaigns; also, yes it can be frustrating when your best armor is rendered useless when you don't have the ingredients, but it's also a main reason there are some many alternatives.