aliens

Author Topic: [Equipment] Pacifier (UPDATED, ver 98e)  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [Equipment] Tranquilizer (UPDATED, thanks Dioxine)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 11:12:19 pm »
hum.. Star Gods must have changed then, because I had no such issues. Gals with coils got the job done relatively painlessly. Also, I didn't need to be in melee, I could fire from range. You just have to pick an angle from which they are visible (having read the stealth armor thread where Dioxine got the idea might help understanding the mechanic).

That being said, I haven't faced star gods in this version, so I don't know. It at least used to work really well.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:31 am »
Some times it works at more then melee but its is not reliable. More often then not it "hits" but the log shows miss.  Even so damage range is awful because the resist is so high. The range of damage is more then half naught results depending on rank of target. Stunballs are about 60/40 for getting dmg through. Coil is about 40/60 at a fraction of launcher range.

I suppose the real hitch im faced with is that fighting a stargod battle, even a small ship leaves several gals out of action for something between 2 weeks to 2+ months. Any shot a stargod fires will put you in the hospital if it hits. And IF the ghost beam they have is the same as ours....300% accuracy snap fire....

I have something like 250% casualty rate for the base that is solely dedicated to tackling stargods. Very few deaths so the field experience is adding up but is an exceptionally slow process. Meanwhile the main team can handle battleship fights if i care to expend the air power and expensive heavy ordnance. Something of a disparity.   

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 10:59:50 am »
Just a small update in the first post, the custom sound ID was already used, fixed.

Updated the mod to make it still useful after the Rod of Bliss had been added.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:02:29 am by new_civilian »