aliens

Author Topic: Ufopedia images, blurred and unsharp.  (Read 3751 times)

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ufopedia images, blurred and unsharp.
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:20 pm »
Hello Dioxine:

First of all, I apologize if this does not go here, but I want to consult something.
I want to ask, if you do not mind, as it gets to you, such as artistic displays, and colorful, for Bootipedia, because every time I try something similar for my conversion OpenXcom, I already have quite advanced, indeed , I still images with the texture of sandpaper, and I can not in any way soften or remaining images me sharper. I use Photoshop, and have tried smoothing filters, I copied the images as png, and even I have become the SPK format, and look, but distorted and unattractive, really. If you can enlighten me, in this regard, I will be very grateful.
By way of example, here are some screenshots:

Thank you very much for your time. :-*
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:48:23 pm by alinare »

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ufopedia images, blurred and unsharp.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:01:49 am »
Dioxine is the one to ask for this, but remember that you're working with 320x200 resolution,  so it might be getting scaled oddly. Re-sizing it beforehand should help (OXC's scaling might not be great).

That said, the new parrot inventory image is in a higher res, so there's some tags somewhere that allows better stuff to be done. Might be worth looking at the rules files for parrots and see if there's any differences in its inventory image tags to the normal ones you're using.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:08:27 am by sambojin »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:15 pm »
Disable dithering and for Christ's sake, don't deform pictures like this. It'd look shitty in any res after what you have done.

That said, the new parrot inventory image is in a higher res

It is not.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

My apologies sir, it must have been the nudie runs. Birds and stuff.