aliens

Author Topic: So, I'm doing a nudie run. Advice?  (Read 4229 times)

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
So, I'm doing a nudie run. Advice?
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:29:30 am »
I figured I might see if doing a run using only the "nude" outfit is possible. Mainly just for the challenge, but I also find it funny.

I was wondering if anyone had some good advice so I've got a chance.

Rules: Davy Jones difficulty (Jack Sparrow is just too painful).
Only Nude outfit. No armour, no other outfits, ever.
Parrots/dogs/tanks are all allowed. You're not wearing them.

Problems: Each gal only has her two hands as inventory slots.
No armour means no tanking even weak weapons.
Not much inventory means no smoke spam, actually needing dedicated medics, next to no ammo, etc.
Bravery/morale ticks down even faster per turn than normal.

Benefits: Easy to kit out.
Saves plenty of research and manufacturing time.
Turns are quick because there's very little inventory management or drinking requirements.
Awesome stamina and reactions on everybody.
Bravery ticks down without people dying, which trains bravery. I've already got one gal at 100 :)

So far I've done two missions (one night mission), have lost a gal, have 2 wounded, gotten 3 captures, and my parrot died. It's going pretty well.

Medics are just strong gals with X-grog barrels and a weapon. I've just gotten my cattle prods, but will probably keep a few sets of knuckles for quick hits. Flamers are still great (even better with the amazing stamina), and lack of smoke hasn't been a huge problem yet (I usually use 4-6 smoke gals, restock the initial first turn grenades in the bonny, and just use them as stun mêléers after they've laid smoke paths).

I've got a few bows, and will get more as my crew gets bigger. I take the boarding gun for its high ammo, flamers similarly (4 good shots are better than 10 bad ones), and a sniper for camping.

Haven't really bothered with chucking stuff down from the bonny yet (though I should).

Are there any weapons that people think would be essential for a nudie run that I'm missing? Especially in the early game? High ammo and high damage are about the only needed requirements, short range doesn't really matter.

I'll keep this vaguely updated until it all comes apart, just to show if it's possible.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:38:19 am by sambojin »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
Re: So, I'm doing a nudie run. Advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »
You do not get less armor that the basic suits. I'd guess it's quite doable with a full bonaventura and a few gals dedicated to xgrog.

Maybe you could also dedicate a gal or two with high strength to throw equipment from the bonaventura, you should be able to keep them supplied against the first enemies, then they should hendle themselves by looting corpses.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 01:31:38 pm »
Oh dear god. They did a base invasion inside the first month. Marsec. Which is easy. Except for the armoured guys. And the plasma. And the explosives. And the snap-fire rockets.

It didn't really help that I tried to run my boss gal across a corridor, got her plasma'd, and started an ever deteriorating panic spiral on the first turn.

Ouch. I killed all but four of them before I gave up. Fire and steel was slowly winning the day, but at a huge cost. Then my best mêléer got snap rocketed from the upstairs hangar walkway on entry. I probably could have killed them all (everything was clear but the hangar, and the elevator got blown into some nice cover), but it would have essentially been restarting. With five-six gals and some really nice loot.

I'll just restart properly, because I learnt a lot from the first run.

So, ummmm, nudie run, take two: Action!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:33:30 pm by sambojin »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »
I think it can be done, at least through early-to-mid game. Nude isn't so bad, it gives good bonuses, but of course you have no inventory which will make your life miserable more than the lack of armour (armour won't help you much against plasma anyway).

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »
Second run is going far better. I even popped down to a pogrom, zapped a ratman, grabbed his unconscious body and his vodka, then took off to the screams of the poor remaining mutants.

I've had a couple of casualties, and I went a bit mace-happy, so not as many captures as there could have been, but it's all going well.

First mission gave me 99 apples (after I got sick of missing with handles/knuckles and just shot him in the back of the head with a hand cannon), so I've got tonnes of money from booze. A bit short of hellerium, but I've got 2xbarracks, 2xvaults, 25 runts, a full crew, 6 brainers, and I'm about to get my first pigeon for recon. My parrot even survived (although I've got two backups). Two months in, 5 or 6 missions down, and everything is going swimmingly.

Speaking of which, I now envy the swimsuit's massive carrying ability. They'll look like easy mode from now on.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:26:32 pm by sambojin »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »
Speaking of which, I now envy the swimsuit's massive carrying ability. They'll look like easy mode from now on.

That's why you have to research them, easiness isn't for free :)