aliens

Author Topic: [Documentation] Custom mission and monthly ratings  (Read 14455 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Custom mission and monthly ratings
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »
Looks nice! (I hope Dioxine picks up my message for Piratez :P)

Only critique: Would a "go to base" button be possible instead of the "ok - 5 sec"? You either don't care and continue what you were doing, or care and go to base to sell stuff, no?

Offline Yglorba

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 11:37:24 pm »
An alternative suggestion:

When your funds are negative, the timeframe is locked at 5s and cannot be set to anything faster.  This would be the only penalty for having negative funds.

This makes it easy for the player to sell stuff from any base (including base facilities), and even gives them a chance to raid any existing wrecks or the like if they have some easy way to raid stuff for cash.

The only problem, I guess, is that someone who has completely lost the game due to lack of funds might be tempted to try and continue at 5s, since it might not be clear that you're not supposed to do that.  (And that the appropriate response if you can't scrounge up the funds is to give up.)  Maybe replace the faster time buttons with a "give up" button or something.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:39:30 pm by Yglorba »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 02:42:34 am »
That's too vicious IMO :) Also, unneeded. You can ALWAYS make enough sales to get in the positive. If anything else fails, sell buildings: you get a hefty return and your maintenance drops. You can also sell a ship (if you have more than 1). They fetch millions, and cost major maintenance. If anything else fails, scale back your operation a bit. You will be able to build up again once you get some cash from raids.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 12:52:47 pm »
Next version.

Meridian, is "score strike switch" already in mod? Or not yet?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 10:42:45 am »
Meridian, is "score strike switch" already in mod? Or not yet?

Not yet, sorry, I'll put it on the top of the todo list.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »
Not yet, sorry, I'll put it on the top of the todo list.

Thanks! You are the best! For the long time i want to try X-Piratez without "score strike"!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 03:51:28 pm »
In the meantime, both score penalty and economic penalty have been unhardcoded in vanilla by SupSuper.

They will get into OXCE/OXCE+ eventually.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2016, 07:25:42 am »
The negative money lose condition was a bit of an inconvenient surprise for me today. I've been posting in other threads about how I'm rolling in cash this game, so I was amused to see that I got an auto-lose at the end of the month.  :-[

I'm running at a huge monthly maintenance deficit, but can easily fill the gap by selling some loot. I'd just forgotten that my creditors had warned me on the previous month not to go negative again. Fortunately, the last autosave for pretty recent. So I just sold a few things and was fine to play on.

I'm thinking that it might make sense for the negative money checks to be done before the maintenance costs rather than after. ie. It might make sense to auto-lose if you've been at negative money for the entire month; but losing because you dipped negative just for the very start of a month is a bit harsh.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:30:15 am by karadoc »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2016, 12:17:26 pm »
That's the vanilla X-Com core mechanics, it's always been like this.
So if you want it changed, I think you should go to the main branch.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2016, 01:20:13 pm »
That's the vanilla X-Com core mechanics, it's always been like this.
So if you want it changed, I think you should go to the main branch.
I right now thinking on changing that in Extended. Probably biggest difference would be that you will last one moth longer before you get terminated.
This will simplify gameplay but it will not reduce difficulty level.

Another change could be simply to change rules to terminate you when you simply in negative on end of moth, before maintenance is subtracted.
This will give yous similar time "to live" when you have financial problems.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 12:31:55 am »
This should definitely be made optional. The fun of Xpiratez comes from not being as frantic as Enemy Unknown. You shouldn't be penalized for taking things easily. Just have people stop paying you protection money.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 11:56:47 am »
Sounds reasonable, score condition should be switchable. I'd also remove the money lose condition, but that'd need engine change.

This is now implemented in vanilla and merged into OXCE 3.5

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 09:24:43 am »
So far, just a friendly warning on the last day of the month...

STR_ECONOMY_WARNING: "The funds ({0}) and income ({1}) are low and the maintenance ({2}) too high! Sell something to avoid penalty... recommended value of sales: {3}."

The income part now considers also the monthly performance bonus... but calculated on data from previous day (e.g. not January 31st, but January 30th).
This should improve the prediction significantly for mods which use performance bonus... there can still be a slight deviation caused by the activity during the last day, but it should be quite negligible.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:26:24 am by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 12:31:42 pm »
That'll be a lovely QoL adjustment. The 'low on money, better sell loot' is good as it is but now we don't have to sell as much loot to balance out into the green.